OOC

ybn1197
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC

#181 Post by ybn1197 »

Thanks! Of course having our second granddaughter healthy and whole is a blessing. And the fact that they stayed with us till Thanksgiving when they finally closed on their new home was a blessing as well; having the grandkids there when we came home from work was the best.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#182 Post by shaidar »

I'm glad there were some very positive aspects to the situation.
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#183 Post by Lance »

Wish all the best to you and yours!
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#184 Post by Rex »

Always help to focus on the positive. Good Luck with everything!
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#185 Post by ybn1197 »

Action to be Discussed

Someone asked earlier what year we were playing at the start and I answered 2020 with no COVID. I've been looking at the V5e ruleset recently since I got involved in a DISCORD game as a player. I'm thinking of moving the timeline to coincide with the V5e backstory (but not mechanics). For the players this will have no change on the game outside of moving the timeline to 2018. It will also immediately integrate the 2nd Inquisition as they didn't make the metaplot for Vampire till the 5th edition. For those who do not have access to 5e here are the story changes following V20 which is the system we are using.

The Main Setting Changes
  • In the years following V20, the excesses of the vampire world in their attempts to rule the mortals have bitten them back hard. Advances in technology have empowered the hunters, who have launched a Second Inquisition. Cities like London and Vienna have had their Kindred populations devastated.
  • In the wake of these changes, the Camarilla has become more like the days of the Dark Ages. Using computers and technology to communicate is forbidden to Kindred in many cities, and the courts have become more insular, evicting many of those who would formerly be welcome. The Anarchs, on the other hand, have embraced (ahem) the idea of hiding in the cities and wild places.
    • The current lineup: The Camarilla is – Ventrue, Toreador, Malkavian, Tremere, Nosferatu, Banu HaQim (once called Assamites). The Anarchs are – Brujah, Gangrel, the Ministry (the rebranded Followers of Set) and whomever they can get to leave. The Lasombra have made an effort to join the Camarilla; it's still in motion. The Tremere, following the events of Beckett's Jyhad Diary, have schismed into multiple houses only loosely connected. The Giovanni have now been subsumed into a greater House of Death called the Hecata, of which little is known.
  • Everyone with a Generation thicker than 9 has felt the call of the Antediluvians to head to the Middle East to fight the Gehenna War. Most cities have lost their elders, leaving room for ancilla and neonates to run things.
  • The Sabbat's not dead…they've just stalked after their prey. We'll find out about their story later.
Since none of your characters have active sires, none of this information is available in game as of yet; its only so you know the changes I am proposing to make to the game. Any comments?
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#186 Post by Rex »

It looks good to me. I like the idea of it better then what we started with actually.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#187 Post by shaidar »

I don't have any issues or problems.

I was thinking of Brujah and Anarchs anyway.

Does this mean some of us will end up with the Anarchs and some with the Camarilla based on our clan?
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#188 Post by ybn1197 »

shaidar wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:45 pm Does this mean some of us will end up with the Anarchs and some with the Camarilla based on our clan?
No, I have never believed that your clan dictates your affiliation. You all are free to choose whichever group (or Covenant using the Vampire Requiem terminology) you choose. But it should be a group decision as to which one you all join.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#189 Post by shaidar »

Fair enough.

I can't see Leo joining the Camarilla and effectively living in the Middle ages. :?

"Nobody expects the 2nd inquisition", an updated classic sketch on The Anarchs YouTube channel.
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#190 Post by ybn1197 »

The Inquisition... What a show!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnF1OtP2Svk
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#191 Post by shaidar »

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#192 Post by Lance »

I remember this discussion! :D Will this trash my character concept of vampire rock star?
Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#193 Post by Gremlin »

I never liked the V5 changes, especially the changes in the mechanics but also a lot of the new setting stuff. That said, I'm willing to give the setting changes a try. Though I wonder, was the call of the Antedeluvians a one-off thing or something constant? Because at least two of us are 8th/9th generation.
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#194 Post by ybn1197 »

Lance wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:17 pm I remember this discussion! :D Will this trash my character concept of vampire rock star?
No. Your character can still aspire to become a rock star who is a vampire. If it becomes known you are a vampire, that is a breach of the masquerade and would get you in trouble no matter what group or version of the rules.
Gremlin wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:23 pm I never liked the V5 changes, especially the changes in the mechanics but also a lot of the new setting stuff. That said, I'm willing to give the setting changes a try. Though I wonder, was the call of the Antedeluvians a one-off thing or something constant? Because at least two of us are 8th/9th generation.
As I understand it and therefore how we will be playing it, the call is constant and labeled as "The Beckoning."

The Beckoning is a phenomenon amongst Kindred of the Ninth Generation or lower, wherein they are compelled to travel to the general area of the Middle East and other regions that supported early human civilization, especially the Levant and the Maghreb. This effect seemingly began around the same time as the Sabbat's Gehenna Crusade, and the few Elders that do avoid it tend to hole themselves in their domains, feasting off of the blood of Neonates.

The precise nature and origin of the Beckoning is unclear, though the Antediluvians are of course highly suspect as its source; as are the methuselah of the region. An extreme psychological event, such as the breaking of an old blood bond, may be able to temporarily stave off the effect of the Beckoning, as may diablerie or consuming potent Kindred vitae. The truth is unclear, and many hearing its siren call scramble in an effort to resist.

It is a little known fact that the Elders of Clan Hecata are not affected by the Beckoning, perhaps already having built a resistance after Cappadocius' "beckoning" of the original Clan of Death to the Feast of Folly. There are many other internal theories, including the idea that the formation of the Hecata itself is a kind of Beckoning. No other group of vampires shares this resistance; even Caitiff of suitably potent Blood feel the call.

So, one, the Beckoning can be ignored. Two, its a call to the Antediluvians. Just because you are 9th gen or lower doesn't make you an Antediluvian. That is a level of power in addition to a level of generation. Given those factors, those of 8th or 9th generation may get a little buzzing in their heads now and then but nothing to compel them.
Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#195 Post by Gremlin »

It's a call to the Antedeluvians. Meaning the Antedeluvians are doing the calling. I assume so they can feed on the ones they call to themselves or possibly use them as soldiers or something. It isn't the Antedeluvians being called.
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#196 Post by ybn1197 »

Gremlin wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:51 pm It's a call to the Antedeluvians. Meaning the Antedeluvians are doing the calling. I assume so they can feed on the ones they call to themselves or possibly use them as soldiers or something. It isn't the Antedeluvians being called.
You are correct. My mind and fingers weren't on the same page. :roll: I knew what I wanted to type but my fingers went their own route.
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#197 Post by ybn1197 »

Just a head-ups to everyone. I will be able to respond to posts today, however I will not be online Friday through the weekend. This weekend is my wedding anniversary and my wife and I are getting away from everything (internet included) this weekend. I know it's just the weekend however the game is definitely picking up pace and I don't want anyone thinking I disappeared again. :D
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#198 Post by Rex »

Enjoy!
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#199 Post by Lance »

That's ok, I'm usually less available on the weekends too. As long as you're coming back next week! :D
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#200 Post by Lance »

So happy 2 year anniversary, everyone! :D

Return to “Baltimore by Night (Vampire: The Masquerade (V20))”