Quest #12 "Rapping With The Village People"

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #12 "Rapping With The Village People"

#181 Post by ravenn4544 »

Alordan shakes his head as he internally debates what is the best way to proceed. "As reckless indeed as it seems, I am torn with trying to help those that are lost as quickly as possible. It is daylight now for some time, and we are not far from the river. Even if we traveled just a few yards into the jungle back to the river it would hide us from the ship - but give us a quick escape to the beach if we needed it. Marge and her team are capable of carrying the water from this point on..... I can't believe i'm saying this but returning now to the river is an option.... but either we all go or we don't. We know the challenges here and can't make it with just one or two of us"
Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#182 Post by Storm11 »

”I for one will NOT go, but I wish all of you well if you choose to go on,” Saracen says adamantly, following Marge and the other pail bearers as the head back to beach town.
Greys Campaign.
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#183 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger shrugs.

I'd go with you, Aladdin, but not just the two of us. I'm worried about our friends.
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#184 Post by Urson »

Luther

The ranger looks around, assessing the situation. This'll do. I'm heading for the river. Anybody who's coming, follow me- single file 'til we get to the river. Anyone who's heading for town, go ahead- but I hope ya come back after. We'll save you a few monsters. He grins.

With that, Luther heads into the brush, moving cautiously, trying to be wary of zuchinni people or anything else this insane island has to offer. He carries his bow in hand, arrow nocked.
FA FO
SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#185 Post by SirOwen »

Avaala the Grey

"I said I would do my part to help with the water, and I mean to finish." Avaala looks at the others planning to go back to town gratefully. "Besides, there is something in town I want before I head into that jungle for any overnight hi-jinks." Afraid to set down the laden yoke for fear of any trouble he might have lifting it again, Avaala simply turns and follows Marge and Saracen.
"There is no spoon."
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#186 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar

He stops and looks back and forth. He turns to head into the jungle... then turns back to the trail back to town... then repeats this a few times before crying out in frustration. MMM, seems to argue with himself for a moment before finally putting down the buckets and following after Luthar. "Wait for me!"
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#187 Post by ravenn4544 »

Alordan sighs, tightens his sword belt a notch, then nods to marge as he falls in line to enter the jungle...
ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#188 Post by ChubbyPixie »

"They'll need the protection of magic, Avalaa, if they are to succeed. Powerful magic. I shall accompany them and represent the Guild," says Chauncey and follows after the jungle trekkers.
SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#189 Post by SirOwen »

Avaala the Grey

Avaala nods at Chauncey's words. "We will follow as soon as we can. Be careful, my friend."
"There is no spoon."
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#190 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Seeking Out The Village People
Godsday, 2nd of Goodmonth
Noonish, Hot, Humid, Buggy

After listening to the many points and arguments as the group walks, Marge has finally had enough. She puts down her heavy load and spins around to address the adventurers turned water gatherers. She walks a few feet towards the water so she is in the soft sand again and then she starts to walk around in a very tight circle until there is a clear circular path worn into the sand. After a few moments of blank stares from her "girls", one of them finally asks her what in the blazes she is doing.

"This is my best impression of our so called helpers here. They cant seem to make up their minds about the simplest of tasks, so it reminds me of walking around in circles. As I said fellas, go ahead and run off if that is your way. We can come back here to pick up your slack.......again!"

With that, she retrieves her yoke and starts leading her group along with Brother Gilbert, Saracen, Avaala, and his dog Rollo back the rest of the way to Beachtown. The yokes carried by Luther, Monocar, and Alordan are left in the shade of the treeline for future recovery.

The remainder of the trip back to Beachtown goes by uneventfully and it is nearing the noon hour by the time you have returned. The water is carefully dumped into the large community barrels and Marge recruits a few others to help her go back to get the remainder of it still sitting on the beach.

The trio of Raythan, Jaxsen, and Storm are just setting out on a journey of their own when the group returns. They are at the head of the loggers trail, preparing to head into the jungle.

You three can do whatever you please now that you are back in town. If Brother Gilbert wants to go along with the Raythan/Jax/Storm party, I am good with that.

Back at the River:

Luther leads the way back to the river, staying tucked into the foliage of the jungles edge to keep their approach hidden from the ship. Monocar, Chauncey, Alordan, and Lightfinger all follow the burly bear of a man, all of them keeping their senses tuned for any possible danger. Near the river, Luther rouses another of the capybara out of its hiding place. He decides not to bag this one so as not to attract the attention of the lookout. The ranger is happy to see that there is some signs of wildlife returning to this area after he was certain the animals had been over hunted anywhere near to the town.

The group sneaks their way closer to the river, again spotting the solo sailor still up in the crows nest of the main mast. There are now 2 other men bobbing around on the deck of the ship, but it doesn't appear that any of them have spotted the adventurers at this point. Eventually the group finds the jungle trail that skirts the river and heads north into the jungle. The dark and foreboding passage awaits their investigation.

Actions?

Saracen F/C 2/3 25/25 3/4 first 1/1 second
Brother Gilbert C1 8/8 3/3 first
Avaala MU2 9/9 CL, DM, RM 2/2 first
Rollo 17/17

Luther R3 20/20
Lightfinger T3 16/16
Monocar F2 21/21
Chauncey MU3 16/16 CL, DM, RM 2/2 first 1/1 second
Alordan R3 18/18
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#191 Post by Urson »

Luther

Luther nods to the others as they join him. He leads the way, trying to set a pace they can all maintain. At the river, he pauses long enough to get a clear sense of his direction, then heads upstream.

He says little- just an occasional word of warning at a slick spot or a low branch. After an hour or so along the trail, he'll stop for a short break- unless there's need to stop sooner.

We've got a lot of good folks on this island. Unfortunately, we tend to talk things to death. Sometimes ya just gotta go.
FA FO
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#192 Post by ravenn4544 »

Alordan nods, "let's just get this done as quick as we can. Stay sharp."
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#193 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger stays sharp.

The Halfling keeps near the treeline, hoping to duck into cover if sinister shenanigans come into play.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#194 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I merged those last 4 posts from Saracen and Avaala into a new topic over here.

viewtopic.php?f=446&t=7250
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#195 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar

Looks around carfully for signs of danger as they move along. He seems perticularly weary of snakes but keeps and eye on the trees now and again remembering the big bird. "hope we have some luck. I think we have waited too long."
ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#196 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Chauncey is lost in thought as they walk along the path. The great thing about having a ranger in your party is that you no longer have to pay attention when you're outdoors - those guys notice all the nature stuff. This leaves him with more time to contemplate the bug problem and how he might allay it by magical means...
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#197 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Seeking Out The Village People
Godsday, 2nd of Goodmonth
Mid Afternoon, Hot, Humid, Buggy

Walking along the noisy river trail, the small group delves further north into the dark jungle. Luther takes point, hacking away at the quick growing fronds and vines already trying to overtake the once clear trail. Lightfinger and Monocar follow behind the burly ranger, with Chauncey and Alordan bringing up the rear.

The trail follows closely to the shore of the river, giving a good view of the water wherever trees and shrubs aren't growing up out of the banks, blocking your sight line. After about a half hour of hiking, the party starts to notice a lot of burnt debris floating down the pristine waterway, heading towards the sea. The debris looks to consist of mostly burnt fronds and bamboo, but there are hunks of wood and other tree branches floating by as well. All of it is blackened and charred, still stinking of smelly smoke as it floats past.

After another half hour of uneventful hiking, the party starts to hear voices coming from further up the trail. It sounds like human males, and they definitely don't seem concerned about being heard as they shout and laugh with each other loudly. You estimate them to be coming from about another 50 yards up the trail or so, but can't be sure with the heavy foliage and the noise of the rushing water.

Actions?

Luther R3 20/20
Lightfinger T3 16/16
Monocar F2 21/21
Chauncey MU3 16/16 CL, DM, RM 2/2 first 1/1 second
Alordan R3 18/18
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#198 Post by Urson »

Luther

That sure ain't an ambush- unless it's a bunch of rookies. Let's see what's what.

Luther moves forward, his new sword in hand, proceeding cautiously and trying to stay hidden in the brush.
FA FO
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#199 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger gets slippery.

His movements become quick and precise, he steps about 5 feet into the brush opposite the river, keeping as quiet as possible as he maintains his position in the line.
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#200 Post by ravenn4544 »

Alordan also quickly scans the brush for the best place to hide and then steps into the foliage closest to the river. He remains quiet and still to let the force pass by if necessary.

Return to “Completed Missions”