The In Crowd

ybn1197
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The In Crowd

#181 Post by Rex »

My cell phone is a "burner" from Walmart. Its a smart phone with all the bells and whistles and cost me $50.
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#182 Post by ybn1197 »

Lance wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:38 am
ybn1197 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:08 pm Basic flip phones are $20.00. Low end (8GB) smart phones are $30.00 and higher end (16GB) smart phones are $40.00.
Is there like a 0 missing or am I really this clueless? :lol:
That's the correct number. You're not getting anything fancy but that's because it is a burner phone. A month of service is an additional $20 regardless of the phone.
Screen Shot 12-22-21 at 10.37 AM.PNG
Screen Shot 12-22-21 at 10.37 AM.PNG (54.47 KiB) Viewed 372 times
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#183 Post by Rex »

Yup, my $50 phone included the first month of service.
Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#184 Post by Gremlin »

Julia was asked to come along and she agreed so she's taking a walk with them.
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#185 Post by ybn1197 »

The three of you head out on foot for the RoFo a couple of blocks from the bar. You make for an odd scene to those passing by (the cop, the man with the money, and the young woman between them) but everyone seems to stray away from you. Baltimore is a rough city experiencing a lot of problems in the city and with the murder rate just above 1 per day walking by yourself or in small groups is paramount to taking your life in your own hands; yet no one bothers you. Some seem to be interested in hassling you but once they get close and lock eyes it is almost as if the new predatory nature of your existence wins out over their courage and they quickly find something else to occupy themselves with. Shortly you arrive at the RoFo. There is only one vehicle at the pumps, an old van, and a few people inside the building, mostly getting something made at the chicken counter.
royal-farms.jpg
royal-farms.jpg (57.37 KiB) Viewed 359 times
chicken-counter.jpg
chicken-counter.jpg (8.79 KiB) Viewed 359 times
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#186 Post by ybn1197 »

bump... anyone?
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#187 Post by Rex »

William

William will take a look around to makes sure there is no one that concerns him then look for the phones.

Sorry I somehow missed this.
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#188 Post by ybn1197 »

William glances around but nothing grabs either his new predatory senses nor his honed police senses. People look at you when you walk in but quickly glance away before it becomes creepy staring.

Perception+Alertness: 8d10t6: 5 [8d10t6=6, 10, 5, 8, 4, 10, 8, 2]
Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#189 Post by Gremlin »

Julia

Julia doesn't go in with the others but follows them in about a minute afterwards, parking herself in the hair-care aisle.
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#190 Post by ybn1197 »

Duly noted. But understand this is a convenience store and the hair-care aisle is also the first aid aisle, engine products for the car and gift cards. :lorcl:
Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#191 Post by Gremlin »

I was picturing like a Dollar General where there's like a 'health and beauty' mini-aisle where they put the hair care, bath soap, toothpaste, all that kind of stuff.
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#192 Post by ybn1197 »

There are Dollar Generals but Royal Farms are closer to super gas station convenience stores. They have a little of the more common necessities. Where I live, there is a Dollar General on one block and a Royal Farms on the next block and they aren't considered competitors. Go figure.
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#193 Post by Lance »

I never specified I want a low end smart phone! Sorry!

Odin stays behind, trying to think of any more questions to ask, but he's in a bit of a daze from all the information he received tonight.
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#194 Post by Monsieur Rose »

David

"Anything else you want?" He asks before they split up to shop and loiter. "Maybe makeup and first aid stuff?"

He goes and finds a basket and then the stock of burners. Always a bit of extra time to deal with phones, so he wants to get the process started.

David will also get a pre-paid card for non-contact transactions in the future. Say, $500.
Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#195 Post by Gremlin »

Julia

If David is trying to be snide, Julia lets it slide this time. "I'm not sure what the first aid stuff would be for but makeup actually wouldn't be a bad idea. Some foundation might help with the pallor. Some spare clothes too, in case of any more... incidents."
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#196 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Sorry. He's actually not trying to be snide. I could have phrased that differently to better convey tone. He was serious, makeup could be good for our more pale companions.
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#197 Post by Lance »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:57 pm Sorry. He's actually not trying to be snide. I could have phrased that differently to better convey tone. He was serious, makeup could be good for our more pale companions.
The only thing invoking more supernatural horror than being i a presence of an undead monstrosity is the same creature in badly applied makeup, daring you to say something.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#198 Post by shaidar »

:lol:
Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#199 Post by Gremlin »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:57 pm Sorry. He's actually not trying to be snide. I could have phrased that differently to better convey tone. He was serious, makeup could be good for our more pale companions.
Nah, it's fine. Julia is just still pretty irritated at all the grief she got for wanting clothes that weren't shredded and bloody. :lol:
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#200 Post by ybn1197 »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:54 pm David

"Anything else you want?" He asks before they split up to shop and loiter. "Maybe makeup and first aid stuff?"

He goes and finds a basket and then the stock of burners. Always a bit of extra time to deal with phones, so he wants to get the process started.

David will also get a pre-paid card for non-contact transactions in the future. Say, $500.
We can hand-wave the whole shopping trip if you all want. Just let me know what (and how many) of the things you want to purchase. First Aid items and make-up are very limited and very basic. Ro-Fo's big draw is gas and meal-time for those on the run. You can get coffee, donuts, small containers of ice cream, snacks, and some larger scale items like bread and milk but not much of anything else that wouldn't be found at any other gas fill-up convenience store. No one here will bother you (it is Baltimore City at midnight, you fit right in.) Unless you want to do something else, please list what you purchase and when everyone is done we will move the scene back to the bar.

Return to “Baltimore by Night (Vampire: The Masquerade (V20))”