2. A Peaceful Village in the Hills (action)

tibbius
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: A Peaceful Village in the Hills (action)

#181 Post by ybn1197 »

tibbius wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:15 pm That's going to be deferred until Elzarune's turn next round, Grax and the fiend get to act before then.
I'm confused. Post #169, it attacked Elzarune and then melded back into shadows. (2 actions.) Elzarune attacks on Post #170, Selgair attacks on Post #171, Grax and Wraith hold their actions on Posts #173 and 174 respectively. On Post #175, it attacked again. Selgair's second round is Post #176 and Wraith's is Post #177. Grax and Elzarune should get an action before it goes again.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#182 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Grax will swing his big axe at the fiend to see what happens.

Advantage [1d6] = 1 [1d6] = 2 [1d6] = 2
Evade Regular [1d6] = 5 [1d6] = 6
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#183 Post by tibbius »

ybn1197 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:30 pmI'm confused. Post #169, it attacked Elzarune and then melded back into shadows. (2 actions.) Elzarune attacks on Post #170, Selgair attacks on Post #171, Grax and Wraith hold their actions on Posts #173 and 174 respectively. On Post #175, it attacked again. Selgair's second round is Post #176 and Wraith's is Post #177. Grax and Elzarune should get an action before it goes again.
No I'M confused. Sorry. Yes, your spells take effect! {5}
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#184 Post by tibbius »

The shadows sway and almost seem to shatter into pieces as the fiend in the chair absorbs the sizzling impact of Elzarune's empowered bolts. A squeak and a shriek sound in the musty room. Then the fiend dissipates into the shadows and is gone. Silence rings.
Last edited by tibbius on Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#185 Post by Rex »

Sealgair

"Where did it go?"
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#186 Post by tibbius »

The torch flame sways a little in a breath of breeze from the secret door that stands ajar.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#187 Post by tibbius »

Hey ... everybody ... guess what time it is? ... That's right ... it's everybody's favorite time - DEPLETION time!

Please make your rolls for weapons you used in the room above, last night in the hayrick, or in the basement just now.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
Squid
Tracker
Tracker

#188 Post by Squid »

Squid
Tracker
Tracker

#189 Post by Squid »

Wraith

Wraith cautiously approaches the secret door and looks inside.

Looking into secret room: [_3d6] = (1+2+3)=6
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#190 Post by Rex »

Sealgair

Sealgair looks around, including the secret room.
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#191 Post by tibbius »

Wraith pulls open the secret door to look beyond.

Trapmaster didn't work for you on that one.
Roll a Save.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
Squid
Tracker
Tracker

#192 Post by Squid »

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#193 Post by tibbius »

As Wraith wraps his fingers around the edge of the door and pulls to open, there is a click and he feels a sharp stinging on the insides of his fingers. Yanking his hand away, he sees blood oozing from a slender cut. It is not easy to see in the dim light of the torch that Grax holds a dozen feet away, but Wraith believes a concealed spring loaded blade just sliced him.

Dominant hand ... 1 damage ... but unusable until healed (Disadvantage on all rolls using the non-dominant hand) ... Sealgair gets one shot to heal it, then you'll have to wait a couple days

Saves are only [_2d6] unless you're Resolute. Used the [_3d6] earlier to see whether your Trapmaster trait let you spot the problem before it triggered.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
Squid
Tracker
Tracker

#194 Post by Squid »

Wraith

Pulls his hand back from the door, "Curses! I fear this isn't a normal cut."
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#195 Post by tibbius »

... a mocking snicker whispers around the basement walls ...
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#196 Post by Rex »

Sealgair

Sealgair tries to heal Wraith.

Healing [1d6] = 6 [1d6] = 1

"I hope this helps my friend."
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#197 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Regular [1d6] = 6 [1d6] = 1 sorry didn't pay attention to what weapon depletion was so just use what you need from this roll i guess
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#198 Post by tibbius »

All set, thanks.

Grax notes a small crack in the haft of his smaller axe. Nothing significant yet, but it bears watching.

Sealgair's rough tongue smears blood across Wraith's fingers. The stinging ceases. It's well known that a karhu's lick - at least that of some karhu - has healing power. In this case, the legends are correct.

The secret door is open. Beyond is a shadowy passage tall enough for Grax; Wraith and Elzarune would have to bend sharp at the waist, and Sealgair would be most comfortable going on all paws. The torch flame flickers and dips, but still has some life. Shadows bob and dance around the basement walls. The silence is heavy.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#199 Post by Rex »

Sealgair

"Should I lead the way?"
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#200 Post by ybn1197 »

Elzarune

"As long as you are comfortable with that."

Return to “Traversing Tiny Dungeons (Tiny Dungeon)”