OOC

Odin One Eye
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC

#101 Post by Grognardsw »

Odin One Eye wrote: That is fine with me, you guys are starting out together. I will be running Keep on the Borderlands.
:( I wish I knew this in the recruitment ad. I have to admit KoB was my first adventure here on U.S. The DM left after three months and I took it over for a 6,400-post epic campaign that crossed into Expedition to the Barrier Peaks for the last quarter (viewforum.php?f=81 ). Anyway, I'm intimately familiar with KoB. Any chance you can run something else? Unfortunately I have time to play one game (not like I use to be) and I'm hoping for something new. So if KoB, I'll respectfully bow out and give my space to another player on your alternate list. Good luck guys!
Odin One Eye
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#102 Post by Odin One Eye »

Grognardsw wrote:
Odin One Eye wrote: That is fine with me, you guys are starting out together. I will be running Keep on the Borderlands.
:( I wish I knew this in the recruitment ad. I have to admit KoB was my first adventure here on U.S. The DM left after three months and I took it over for a 6,400-post epic campaign that crossed into Expedition to the Barrier Peaks for the last quarter (viewforum.php?f=81 ). Anyway, I'm intimately familiar with KoB. Any chance you can run something else? Unfortunately I have time to play one game (not like I use to be) and I'm hoping for something new. So if KoB, I'll respectfully bow out and give my space to another player on your alternate list. Good luck guys!
I could run The Village of Hommlet.
Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by Storm11 »

Thank you for doing that. It’s all a bunch of gobbledegook to me even now when you break it down like that. And that’s without the parry or whatever it’s called and the breaking away malarkey.

So long as you can tell me what I have to roll when I have to roll it it will all be fine I am sure. Or better yet just roll it for me. Saves the hassle and it will be quicker. I have terrible luck rolling dice, it’s notorious. :lol:
Greys Campaign.
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by wolfpack »

I am with storm, don;t really get it, but if all i have to do is roll 1d6 and you cna tell me the outcome I won;t argue.

Also don't care what module you run
Odin One Eye
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#105 Post by Odin One Eye »

We need only one more player to roll up character. Once that is done then we can get on to some gaming!
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by ravenn4544 »

I skimmed the Dragon article (that link to the arhive.org is awesome btw. Spent an hour or so skimming the old issues i grew up on!) and in agreement that i don't get it either (for the 5 minutes i read it). I'll try again :).

Village of Homlet i could go through in my sleep I've read that so many times :). Any other suggestions? Sorry to be a pain. Similarly, if that's the way you guys wanna go that's all good and I can give up my spot.
Odin One Eye
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#107 Post by Odin One Eye »

ravenn4544 wrote:I skimmed the Dragon article (that link to the arhive.org is awesome btw. Spent an hour or so skimming the old issues i grew up on!) and in agreement that i don't get it either (for the 5 minutes i read it). I'll try again :).

Village of Homlet i could go through in my sleep I've read that so many times :). Any other suggestions? Sorry to be a pain. Similarly, if that's the way you guys wanna go that's all good and I can give up my spot.
Are you familiar with the Temple of Elemental Evil?
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by ravenn4544 »

Yes
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by wolfpack »

it will be damn near impossible to find any old school module that everyone in this game hasn't played or read. We need to either be willing to put knowledge aside or else you just won't have a module to run.
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#110 Post by tibbius »

What about running a series of adventures out of Dungeon? There's back issues available, there's hundreds of adventures in them, very few of them would be recognizable if you set them in Greyhawk and changed the names ...
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
Odin One Eye
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#111 Post by Odin One Eye »

tibbius wrote:What about running a series of adventures out of Dungeon? There's back issues available, there's hundreds of adventures in them, very few of them would be recognizable if you set them in Greyhawk and changed the names ...
Let me do some research on this and see what I come up with..
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by wolfpack »

you could also look through some of the free modules on dragonsfoot plenty of 1e ones for pretty much any level you want to run.
Odin One Eye
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#113 Post by Odin One Eye »

wolfpack wrote:you could also look through some of the free modules on dragonsfoot plenty of 1e ones for pretty much any level you want to run.
Good idea!
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Rex »

I don't care what you run. Many of the TSR modules I have been through but have no issue playing through them again in good faith. All three mentioned I have DMed and played in.
ken-do-nim
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#115 Post by ken-do-nim »

I've never read or played in any of the UK series so that would be awesome for me.
ken-do-nim
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#116 Post by ken-do-nim »

To those who celebrate it, happy Passover.
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by wolfpack »

ken-do-nim wrote:To those who celebrate it, happy Passover.

same to you Ken
ken-do-nim
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#118 Post by ken-do-nim »

ken-do-nim wrote:I've never read or played in any of the UK series so that would be awesome for me.
Also, there are many free adventures hosted on Dragonsfoot.

For instance...

N6: Mass for the Missing Priest

Details

The village of Hogg Bottem has fallen on hard times. Can the adventurers return the village to it's previous prosperity? An adventure for 5-9 characters of 1st level. Updated October 2019 with improved maps and minor corrections.

Game System : First Edition AD&D

N7: Mystery beneath the Church

Details

This is the second part of the Minotaur Marshes trilogy, which began with N6: Mass for the Missing Priest. The characters continue to uncover the secrets of the town of Hogg Bottem. An AD&D adventure for characters of level 1-3.

Downloads : 674

N8: Monsters in the Mist

Details

The adventure that began in the village of Hogg Bottem has taken a strange turn. A simple quest that led the characters to an oddly quiet community, became and expedition in search of a missing priest, and more. This is the third installment of the Minotaur Marshes trilogy. The first two installments are N6: Mass for the Missing Priest and N7: Mystery Beneath the Church. An AD&D adventure for characters of level 1-3.

Downloads : 802
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by Rex »

Same to you Ken!
Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan