On to Malforten - ICC

Golem
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: On to Malforten - ICC

#101 Post by Scott308 »

Tarron Dasys

Well. This is inconvenient. Let me see if I can do something about those. The elf casts Sleep upon the wolves.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
tpj
Tracker
Tracker

#102 Post by tpj »

Vulmer readies an arrow in his longbow and positions himself for a clear shot if the spell doesn't succeed.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by Rex »

Cormac

Whispers "Wolves, Fetch is in the tree." He then fires an arrow at the closest wolf.

Short Bow [1d20+1] = 2+1 = 3 to hit [1d6] = 1 to dam
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by ybn1197 »

Thoryl prepares his shield and axe in case the spell fails. He will charge in after Vulmer's and Cormac's arrows are let loose.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#105 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Amarth tries to avoid looking up in the tree at Fetch....and tries to think of something to help inspire his friends in battle or to scare off the wolves...then remembers that this doesn't usually help in combat so he just takes up his axe and shield ready to fight the nearest wolf.

Hand Axe [1d20-1] = 14-1 = 13 to hit, [1d6] = 1 dmg
not sure i have the macro right.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Golem
Tracker
Tracker

#106 Post by Golem »

Cormac fires off an arrow which goes wide.

Tarron whispers in an arcane tongue, his voice growing as it sounds like he's singing a lullaby. His hands move, the fingers making specific gestures as he weaves his spell.

HD Affected: [2d4] = 5

A sleep spell has an AOE of 30' diameter that can be cast up to 150' away. I'm going to assume Tarron placed the center of the spell in the middle of the three wolves.

Fetch's eyes close and she falls out from the top branches to the ground and two of the wolves fall into a deep magical slumber. She's asleep so the half-orc cannot roll her DEX to avoid damage.

Falling Damage: [1d6] = 5

OUCH! Fetch falls heavily to the ground and you can definitely hear a bone or two cracking. She lays there at the base of the tree comatose.

Vulmer keeps an arrow knocked and ready to fire. You decide if you want to let off the arrow at the end of the round.
ybn1197 wrote:He will charge

Thoryl starts jogging before running straight at the lone wolf. Please roll to hit. You may add a +2 to hit with your axe. Since the wolf is surprised, there is no AC penalty.

Amarth sounds likes he holding back, ready to fight. If I'm wrong please let me know, as you will have to charge as well to make the distance.

Anyone who needs to do something during the surprise, do so now.
GreyWolfVT

#107 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Amarth seeing the sleeping wolves lets out a sigh of relief the walks over to Fetch and raises an eyebrow and shakes his head.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
tpj
Tracker
Tracker

#108 Post by tpj »

Vulmer sees the two wolves and Fetch drop and instinctively lets the arrow fly from his composite longbow at the remaining wolf.

To hit: [1d20+2] = 14+2 = 16, damage with arrow: [1d8] = 7

He winces at the sound of fetch hitting the ground. Hang tight lass. We’ll get ye fixed up in no time.
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by ybn1197 »

Thoryl charges at the remaining wolf but the sound of Vulmer's arrow whizzing past pulls his attention and causes him to mistime his swing.

Battle Axe: [1d20+3] = 3+3 = 6 Damage: [1d8+1] = 4+1 = 5

"Blasted elf! Ya coulda hit me!"
tpj
Tracker
Tracker

#110 Post by tpj »

Vulmer sneers. Only if I wanted ta, dwarf. Only if I wanted ta.
GreyWolfVT

#111 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Amarth stands guarding the fallen form of Fetch, allowing the others to attack the lone wolf not under the sleep spell.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by Rex »

Cormac

Cormac moves over, switching to his bastard sword as he does. Tries to attack the wolf and keep himself between the wolf and the downed Fetch.

Bastard Sword 2-handed [1d20] = 3 to hit [1d12] = 12 damage
Golem
Tracker
Tracker

#113 Post by Golem »

Vulmer's arrow flies true, striking the wolf between flank and thigh. The creature makes a short high-pitched whine, avoiding both Thoryl's charging swing of his axe and later Cormac's long blade. Fight or flight kicks in and severely wounded wolf has no motivation to continue the scrap and darts off.

The surprise round is over. As the wolf is attempting a hasty disengagement from Thoryl and Cormac, the two may make an attack against the fleeing wolf with a -2 penalty to its AC. Amarth is protecting the prostate half-orc. Vulmer and Tarron may make a ranged missile/spell as well if they do so desire.

Actions?
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Rex »

Cormac

As the wolf flees Cormac tries to finish it.

Bastard Sword 2-handed [1d20] = 7 to hit [1d12] = 4 damage
tpj
Tracker
Tracker

#115 Post by tpj »

Vulmer ignores the fleeing wolf and runs over to Fetch and Amarth.

Forget that one, e's got no fight left! Let's get the lass away from these wolves or get them away from her. Dunno how long the wizard's magic is gonna last.
GreyWolfVT

#116 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Amarth gives the half-orc a pinch on her arm to see if that wakes her up.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#117 Post by Scott308 »

Tarron Dasys

You may wish to dispatch the wolves while they slumber. He walks over to the half-orc and shakes her awake before jumping back out of her reach.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by ybn1197 »

Thoryl Dhoradson

Looking at Vulmer, Thoryl says to all "Let the beasts be. They were only hungry. What they did wasn't out of malicious intent but a need to fill an empty belly. Lets get the woman away from her before the wizard's spell comes to end though."
Golem
Tracker
Tracker

#119 Post by Golem »

I think I can assume the party takes Fetch's sleeping form away from the site as some in the group does not wish to harm the wolves. When she does wake up, you all realize the fall put her near death (she's at 1 HP).

And I thought I was better off escaping the village she quips without rancor, wincing with each movement.

Actions?
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by Rex »

Cormac

"Thory, Vulmer do one of you think you can help her? Seems the least we should do."

Cormac will stand watch in case the wolves or something else comes along.

Return to “The Umbrage Saga (Castles & Crusades)”