Mission 3: What Have You Read on Kindle?

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Mission 3: What Have You Read on Kindle?

#101 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy "Uh ok I'll be there tonight then. What's the address?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

#103 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy lets out a breath of relief "Next week this time sounds good. Thank you."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by Pulpatoon »

Etta bustles in, about twenty minutes later, smelling slightly of burning plastic. She holds up two phones with PKE attachments, completely burnt-out. "Look what happened when we tried to take readings around the courthouse. This town is buggy as all get out.

"Roy, can you fix these? And set me up with a PKE with its settings cranked up enough that we can try to get the scope of whatever's going on? And is there any other, uh... diagnostic equipment you think might be helpful in a situation like this?

"Lionel, if you're not busy, would you mind jogging over to keep Mac and Jason out of trouble while Roy and I see to the equipment?"

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#105 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

But...I, uh...yeah, I'll head over, Etta. Work's gotta come first he sighs, unhappily. He sends a text letting those at the bar know he may not make it. Something's come up at work. I don't know how long this'll take, but I'll try to get down there if I can. He'll then head over to meet up with Mac and Jason.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT

#106 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy curses "I'm on the bloody phone....Can it wait until my call is over?" he says while muting his phone so the fellow doesn't hear him "I can try my best but I mostly only fixed computers." then unmuting his phone he continues the conversation with the Scottish Rite. "So next week it is then yes? I'll be there uh is there any specific dress code i need to know about?"

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Bluehorse »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Roy curses "I'm on the bloody phone....Can it wait until my call is over?" he says while muting his phone so the fellow doesn't hear him "I can try my best but I mostly only fixed computers." then unmuting his phone he continues the conversation with the Scottish Rite. "So next week it is then yes? I'll be there uh is there any specific dress code i need to know about?"
Come as you are. We are fairly informal. Goodnight Mr. O'Dowd

GreyWolfVT

#108 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bluehorse wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:Roy curses "I'm on the bloody phone....Can it wait until my call is over?" he says while muting his phone so the fellow doesn't hear him "I can try my best but I mostly only fixed computers." then unmuting his phone he continues the conversation with the Scottish Rite. "So next week it is then yes? I'll be there uh is there any specific dress code i need to know about?"
Come as you are. We are fairly informal. Goodnight Mr. O'Dowd
Roy "Very well thank you Mr. Campbell. Have a good evening sir." then ends the call and saves the number in his contacts list. Then goes to see what Etta was interrupting him about.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by Bluehorse »

Roy sees they really took a hard surge. This will take some doing.

for the PKE attachments a hard roll, they took less damage. So 20+ on your brains.

The phones are intricate and will need more precision work.
So impossible roll 30+ so total of 4 rolls, two each

GreyWolfVT

#110 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy required rolls for trying to fix stuff....

Brains (10) [3d6] = 10 G: [1d6] = 4
Brains (10) [3d6] = 10 G: [1d6] = 4

I'd like to apply my "gift" to the first and I guess I am using some BP to try and help the rolls...if i am even doing this right all the hard, impossible then seeing how others post rolls still confuses me.

so much for trying to use BP to help... BP [1d6] = 1 BP [1d6] = 6
please apply to the first roll that only needed to beat 20... :roll:

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by Bluehorse »

Back @ HQ
What have you read on Kindle?
Aug. 9, 2018, 6:40pm
Hot and Humid Outside, cooling

Etta gets Lionel out the door to go check on Mac & Jason and finds Roy in a nervous phone call, but once he is done with the call, he takes the failed equipment back to the workbench in the lab for a look.   Julia  has apparently left for the night.

Roy Takes the PKE Attachments and the Company phone to see if he can work some magic on the complicated electronics.  Opening then he does feel like he should be able to work on the attachments once he gets his head on straight and forces himself to think hardware, not software.  He easily locates the connections between one of the signal regulators and the antenna plug that took a hard hit in both.  He is able to swap out the parts and feels confident they will work, and upon testing both attachments on his own phone, he notices they work perfectly, boosting the built-in features of his phones PKE meter to a much longer range of +30' with a lot more detailed information.  He is also able to determine that if he adjusts upwards on the main setting, he can then go to where he no longer gets a reading and come down for a much sharper set of signals that get through the interference of all the ambient energies in the area just from tinkering with it.  This could prove useful going forward in more active areas like the Historic Site or even here at the firehouse to keep from burning up the meters again.

Once he looks at the first company phone and notices what kinds of small components are involved, he also pushes them aside to wait for Jason or someone with electronics experience to come to have a look.  He is sure it is more of the same as the antennas in both seemed to suffer a similar short to what the attachments did, but with more delicate parts and integrated systems.  These phones are still good for calling.

Not a complete failure and no ghost dice giving you grief.  Should have burned more BPs from the look of it!  Still.  you are no worse off then when you started equipment wise.  You can offer Jason a 1d6 assist when he gets back just from being able to "get him started" and point to what you think is the problem, but for now, this equipment is out of your realm of expertise.   

Actions?

Brownie Point Pool
Dr. Vanette Conklin: 52/57 (*)
Roy O'Dowd: 62/64  (**) (***)

* - +1d6 on any one roll. (Xmas)
** - No Ghost Dice on any one roll. (Xmas)
*** - +1d6 for the next use of the Ghost Trap
Last edited by Bluehorse on Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by Bluehorse »

Back @ HQ
Aug. 9, 2018, 6:41pm

I am poking this post to get y'all some action too. I hate leaving you hanging like this.

Etta and Roy hear some rattling outside in the ally. There is what sounds like someone shooing a cat and a trashcan lid falling to the ground followed by some indistinct cursing.

Actions?

Brownie Point Pool
Roy O'Dowd: 64/64  (**) (***)

GreyWolfVT

#113 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy never really liking cats ignores the noise, and tries to give the repair another go.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Bluehorse »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Roy never really liking cats ignores the noise, and tries to give the repair another go.

Okay, same as before. You need to roll 30 or more. You have 3 brains so that is 2d6 and 1d6 for the ghost dice. You will need to spend some BPs to get the roll. For every BP you spend out of your 62, you may add 1d6. Good luck!!!

GreyWolfVT

#115 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bluehorse wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:Roy never really liking cats ignores the noise, and tries to give the repair another go.

Okay, same as before. You need to roll 30 or more. You have 3 brains so that is 2d6 and 1d6 for the ghost dice. You will need to spend some BPs to get the roll. For every BP you spend out of your 62, you may add 1d6. Good luck!!!
I'll use BP until i beat 30 then. :)

Brains: [2d6] = 3 G:[1d6] = 2
BP [4d6] = 12
BP [4d6] = 17

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by Bluehorse »

GreyWolfVT wrote: I'll use BP until i beat 30 then. :)

Brains: [2d6] = 3 G:[1d6] = 2
BP [4d6] = 12
BP [4d6] = 17

Roy returns to his work and pulling over the big illuminated magnifying glass and digging out some finer working tools he found in the drawer, he has a eureka moment and is able to fix Etta's phone!

One more to go with Jason's.

-8BPs

GreyWolfVT

#117 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy "Hey Etta I fixed your phone." he announces. "I'll give fixing Jason's a go next."

Brains: [2d6] = 5 G:[1d6] = 5
BP [4d6] = 16
BP [4d6] = 14

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by Bluehorse »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Roy "Hey Etta I fixed your phone." he announces. "I'll give fixing Jason's a go next."

Brains: [2d6] = 5 G:[1d6] = 5
BP [4d6] = 16
BP [4d6] = 14
Repeating the procedure was little problem the second time. If anything it was a little easier. Roy even finds a few small connections that need repairing and the phone should work good as new!

Jason's phone was now fixed!

since you hit 40, the next scan Jason performs will have no ghost dice, so even if it rolls a 1, it is just a one!

GreyWolfVT

#119 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy proud but a bit exhausted from the repair work informs "Etta I fixed both phones!"

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by Bluehorse »

Back @ HQ
Aug. 9, 2018, 6:53pm

The guys make it back from the Historic Site. I am making it a 10min walk instead of 18, since you would likely be hoofing it and feel the adrenaline flowing.

viewtopic.php?f=628&t=8237&p=408409#p408409

Actions?

Brownie Point Pool
Roy O'Dowd: 64/64  (**) (***)
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 58/66
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 52/58 (*)
David "Mac" McAuslan: 58/58 (**)

Return to “Mission Archive”