[SEMC] Forward Thoughts

Tiglath
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: [SEMC] Forward Thoughts

#101 Post by Tiglath »

By the magic of GM Fiat things will be fitted in as necessary.

You are assured of automatically successful delegation of tasks if you want to go off spying.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by Leitz »

Tiglath wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:21 pm By the magic of GM Fiat things will be fitted in as necessary.

You are assured of automatically successful delegation of tasks if you want to go off spying.
Not sure that applies to Prerna.
BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by BackworldTraveller »

• Plague
  • Bloody War
  • Honeymoon
Hmmm
The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by The Bindoner »

shaidar wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:11 pm I was wondering if under the Unit Admin thread it might be worth each player posting their skills and any military experience (sort of a mini resume), it would be common knowledge inside the unit I would imagine (at officer level at least).

EDIT: we did have that skills spreadsheet, we could post a link to that and make sure it's up to date :oops:
Actually, a public resume of military experience would be a useful thing. Book 4 characters have an interesting service history beyond the skills and medals list. Some idea of what we've done might be useful for how we write about each other's characters IC.
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by Tiglath »

Leitz wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:23 pm
Tiglath wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:21 pm By the magic of GM Fiat things will be fitted in as necessary.

Not sure that applies to Prerna.
Yes, more specific to Frank and Jess but applicable to all PCs.

Delegating other people to marry either Liv or Erica because the PCs "had a thing" would likely prove a less popular call.

Although a certain single member of the Inchin nobility is surely available... and happy to marry both! :roll: :P

As to "Forward Thoughts" (that's in game rather than the Baron's fevered imaginings! :roll: ) there is time for a "quick" wedding or it could wait until after Avastan.

We also need to cover unit "shopping" (if any large scale purchases), recruitment and reorganisation.

I note this is in hand in other threads.

Please take any reasonable private purchases up to TL 13 as a given but please publish them either IC/OOC as convenient.
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by joertexas »

Leitz wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:20 pm
joertexas wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:17 pmErica would murder Prerna if she tried to skip out on their honeymoon...
Mercenary companies have more than one way to open up promotion opportunities. :P
Funny. Very funny. :P
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.
The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by The Bindoner »

We also need to cover unit "shopping" (if any large scale purchases), recruitment and reorganisation.

I note this is in hand in other threads.

Please take any reasonable private purchases up to TL 13 as a given but please publish them either IC/OOC as convenient.
I'm in the middle of a busy week, did I miss something? For instance, what's the budget...
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by Tiglath »

Nothing missed just a pre-emptive strike on the downtime admin.

Unit PCs are greenlit for private (military) purchases "on the company" up to tens of thousands of Cr.

Anything that will amend the TO&E is likely both a wholesale purchase and a policy decision so needs discussion.

Equally any big ticket items (e.g. personal grav belt) and/or expensive and amend the TO&E (e.g. one squad's worth of PgMp 13s) will need group (command) approval for purchase.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by shaidar »

The Bindoner wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:30 pm
shaidar wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:11 pm I was wondering if under the Unit Admin thread it might be worth each player posting their skills and any military experience (sort of a mini resume), it would be common knowledge inside the unit I would imagine (at officer level at least).

EDIT: we did have that skills spreadsheet, we could post a link to that and make sure it's up to date :oops:
Actually, a public resume of military experience would be a useful thing. Book 4 characters have an interesting service history beyond the skills and medals list. Some idea of what we've done might be useful for how we write about each other's characters IC.
I'll post something for Frank later.
Tiglath wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:30 pm Nothing missed just a pre-emptive strike on the downtime admin.

Unit PCs are greenlit for private (military) purchases "on the company" up to tens of thousands of Cr.

Anything that will amend the TO&E is likely both a wholesale purchase and a policy decision so needs discussion.

Equally any big ticket items (e.g. personal grav belt) and/or expensive and amend the TO&E (e.g. one squad's worth of PgMp 13s) will need group (command) approval for purchase.
Yeah, don't go crazy, if everyone spends 90k then that's getting on for 500k :shock:
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by gurusql »

Posted Kit's skills to the spreadsheet and if people are looking for background information that has been mentioned (resume, Term Details, etc.) - I have posted that for Kit in the gurusql's PC Notes folder.

In terms of equipment, I will wait until he is hired . . . :D
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by shaidar »

"PC Notes" threads are designed to be private to the player.

I think it's easier just to copy and past the data into the Unit Admin thread. Keep the thread clean with one 'resume' post per PC (or major NPC) which can the edited if it needs to be updated.

Just my thoughts.
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by Tiglath »

Would a (notionally reference only) résumé thread help?

Saves rummaging about if you want to check a background reference on a comrade in arms.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by shaidar »

As we already have a Unit Admin thread I just thought using that would save another new thread.
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Leitz »

There was a mention about when to plan the wedding(s). Jakob is looking forward to giving Liv a nice one, and he's also hoping to do well for Prerna and Erica. So probably best back at Collace, after Avastan. Of course, up to the others.
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by Tiglath »

That probably makes logistical sense and happily fixes in place one of the moveable "downtime events".
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by shaidar »

From Unit Admin thread:
Leitz wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:19 pm I have frozen the header row and the first two colums, so we can move along and still see what we're talking about. Do we want to add tabs by PC/NPC, or by team?
If we added a tab for each PC/NPC to the spreadsheet then that could be used for people to add any 'resume' info that people want to share, plus any other info they think is useful. I also think it would be useful to have a tab for each squad where notes can be added. This would keep everything in one place and minimise clutter.

Either that, or keep the spreadsheet just for skills tabulation and place a post in the Unit Admin thread for each of the above. The squad leader could post for each squad, which would allow them to edit it.
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by joertexas »

Leitz wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:56 pm There was a mention about when to plan the wedding(s). Jakob is looking forward to giving Liv a nice one, and he's also hoping to do well for Prerna and Erica. So probably best back at Collace, after Avastan. Of course, up to the others.
Formal event, no problem. Legal ceremony - no, nope. Not if Prerna has a say in it.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by shaidar »

So, out of a discussion Tiglath and I have been having about the new merc books, he suggested that we really should consider buying more grav-vehicles to ensure everyone is mobile, so we can be 'mounted infantry' in the more traditional sense. I agree this is a very good idea, even if we only end up buying civvy g-carriers.

But it got me thinking about our current vehicle situation, is this correct:

Brought from Collace:

Ambulance
Bus
Technical
G-carrier
TAC missile vehicle

Obtained on Inchin from the pirates:
Shuttle
2x G-carrier*

*Is this right? I thought we got 2, and named them Lethe and Styx, but one was quite badly damaged so we ended up using parts from it to get the other one working. Or is my memory wrong?

That's not a bad bunch of vehicles. With the shuttle taking over as HQ, that means the bus is freed up, but I'm assuming g-carriers are the on-mission workhorses and they are smaller and more flexible, but take less troops.
BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by BackworldTraveller »

shaidar wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:30 pm but I'm assuming g-carriers are the on-mission workhorses and they are smaller and more flexible, but take less troops.
and are more battlefield mobile as they fail to immediately burn when hit like the bus would
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by Tiglath »

You "cannibalised" the two pirate G carriers to leave you with one viable vehicle and a pile of spares (vehicular materiel as per the merc book).

The G carriers are lightly armoured - so proof against small arms.

They do not fare at all well vs. LAW and RAM grenades as you proved whilst storming the Bartizan.

Return to “District 268 Year 1105 (CT/CE Traveller)”