Background and Maps

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Background and Maps

#1 Post by rredmond »

Strange doings are underfoot in the wild hills bordering the realm of decent and civilized folks. Villagers and cattle have gone missing; woodcutters have disappeared; misshapen beings have been seen shuffling through the forests. Some brave villagers have tracked a group of stolen oxen as far as the rocky banks of a small river in the hills. The trail disappeared down into a fissure in the limestone rock, where a fast-running stream plunges down to the dark caverns below. The villagers do not have much money, but they do have three potions of healing, bestowed upon them a year ago by a traveling cleric. They will happily give these to any adventurers willing to rid them of the threat to their village. One potion will be given at the outset, and the other two upon the party’s successful return.

Campaign ID is 63.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Background and Maps

#2 Post by rredmond »

the entry cavern, each square = 10'
The waterfall you climbed down is the topmost entrance (Western opening).
The stream flows South:
Players map.gif
Players map.gif (49.73 KiB) Viewed 2034 times
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by rredmond »

Creatures coming down the pass:
creature1.gif
creature1.gif (61.53 KiB) Viewed 1971 times

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by rredmond »

The waterfall is the red W at the top. The 4 denotes the four way intersection you all just passed. The lower red arrow is the passage you all came out of, the upper one is the passage leading into this new chamber.
Please let me know if there are any questions:
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (12.77 KiB) Viewed 1851 times
You are entering from the left of the picture, this is as much as the torch can show you.
The kooky pods are hanging above.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (11.62 KiB) Viewed 1838 times

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by rredmond »

Map, for reference those are 10' squares.
The read arrows is where the party headed out, the black arrow is where Wulfgard headed. The blue arrow is just there for reference, the mushroom cavern doesn't stop there, that's just how far Odo peeked in.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (13.19 KiB) Viewed 1731 times

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by rredmond »

Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (26.3 KiB) Viewed 1362 times

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by rredmond »

Level 2 of the Caverns:
The cage room:
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (22.1 KiB) Viewed 1208 times

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by rredmond »

Fighting with the creatures in the pod room:
Attachments
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (30.67 KiB) Viewed 1168 times

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”