Symbiosis' Ambitions (Blake Hayes' sequel arc)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Symbiosis' Ambitions (Blake Hayes' sequel arc)

#101 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake retreats from the area slapping Vorpal on his way by to get his attention. "We need ta go! If you can move fast or jmup I suggest you do so! Otherwise I guess the reunion is over fella." he then proceeds to speed on yelling to Symbosis "We gotta get out of here now!" he heads back as best he can remember to the outpost.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by Rukellian »

Symbiosis looks upon the beast and glares as he puts away the sample he just finished collecting. "So it has begun... VORPAL, MOVE! NOW!!"

Vorpal, still semi-frozen from the sudden giant monster eruption, comes back to his senses and starts to make a mad dash towards the force field walls. He is slow though and stumbles a few times as the snapping of trees follows shortly behind him. Symbiosis, in a rare act of kindness, picks up the man, and leaps to the wall, catching up to Hot Streak. The three villians stand behind the wall and reactivate it. Energy shoots up into the sky and forms a dome over the center of the island, effectively trapping the beast inside.

After a few minutes of deadly silence, Symbiosis nods his head and confirms that the walls will hold. He then turns to Hot Streak and pays him a compliment. "Smart of you to retreat when you did. It's quick thinking like that that will keep you alive in the events to come. That creature though, I honestly did not expect it to awaken so soon.... my calculations were off, I apologize."
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#103 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake "Well we all make mistakes, even the very smart make the accidental mis calculation. It's like chess know when to make the right moves even a grandmaster can make a bad move that costs him something. We are just lucky to be alive. So what now? Examine the specimens? The wall is all repaired for the moment? Got anything you need Vorpal and myself for?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by Rukellian »

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT THING?!!?!" exclaims Vorpal as he throws his arms up in the air. "You didn't mention anything about something like that!"

"Your surprise is very understandable. The creature wasn't due for waking for another century or so. I wonder myself what could have accelerated its emergence.... regardless. Like Hot Streak said, we are all alive and that is what matters. We can still carry out our plans and bring this planet to its knees, preferrably in flames and glowing green crystal, yes?" Symbiosis then shoots an evil grin towards his accomplices. Vorpal and cannot help but smile as well, shrugging afterwards.

"So what now? You got your samples. We heading back to your private island?"

"Correct. We will need to stop by the observatory though on the edge of this island, to properly secure the materials for the trip. I actually have a lot to transport and will need you guys to do some heavy lifting with me." Symbiosis then pulls out one of his digital tablets again and performs some last minute commands, visibly affecting the wall nearby. "There, now it should hold indefinitely. I would hate for anyone else to find out about this little island and its inhabitants, RIGHT?"
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#105 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake shrugs "Yup. Unless you want to surprise some dolt heroes, and see how they can manage to fight the creatures out there. A nice trap some day perhaps." smiling but sarcasm a bit in his tone. A lie perhaps.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by Rukellian »

With the conversation finished, their business all but done, the villians head back towards the observatory and finish sealing the samples and materials into high tech storage devices. Loading them on to the helicopter, they take to the air and start to head back to Symbiosis' private island. Looking back behind them, to Hot Streak's and Vorpal's amazement, the island suddenly vanishes to thin air! An island sized cloaking device? You do not know, but one thing is for sure, the smug smile on Symbiosis' face tells them all they need to know.
abandoned island headquarters outside.jpg
abandoned island headquarters outside.jpg (68.51 KiB) Viewed 598 times
Mission 1 complete
Results: Symbiosis has taken 20 points of damage, Vorpal 30, and Hot Streak 50. The pyro pack has 9 uses left (can be refueled at base of operations). You earn 100 fortune points as a reward for mission completion. See 'everything else 4c thread' for more details on Fortune Point use. See also the 'character creation thread' for more details on how to use Fortune Points for future battles.

Return to “Rebirth of Power: a 4c system game”