Part 1: Helix

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Part 1: Helix

#21 Post by MrHemlocks »

***Marcu, inside Helix***

"Yea, I hear you friend and can tell your not serious with your barking of orders. But, yes, I agree some hammers and shovels are needed." Walking to the market to buy a sledge and shovel he stops for a moment and turns toward Mortiganto ; "I hoped you thanked that older man. You know he really did not have to help us."

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#22 Post by Ludanto »

"Er... well," Mortiganto stutters, "I'll be sure to thank him when we get back. And if we don't come back, I guess he wasn't that helpful after all."

Satisfied with his conclusion, he goes about shopping for gear.
"Mi pensas, ke mia simio metis sian piedon en vian trinkaĵon."
Neniam dividu la adventurgrupon.
"Ĉu vi volas koboldojn? Ĉar tiel estas kiel oni akiras koboldojn!"

DMStue
Tracker
Tracker

#23 Post by DMStue »

Hefting his pack, Dren realises that if he is going to be able to keep up with the others, he needs to keep the weight of his belongings to a minimum, *long strides they have, whilst short is my own* he thinks, chuckling to himself at the banter of the others.

Giving a low bow of thanks to the elder, he jogs to catch up to the others, chipping in at an opportune moment as they walk ....

"Filling this belly is Dren's wish, if my life is at risk in some dank and silent grave, I will face it with a full stomach to stifle it's growling"
Drendan Fallowbriar - Halfling Thief in "Valnwall: The Barrowmaze (LL)"

rollo
Squire
Squire

#24 Post by rollo »

Yes, this definitely didn't bode well, the half-elf thought to himself, as he still sat in the Inn having got no further than a stumbling and stammering "Ummm, yes, oh yes, that'd be good" before the rowdy band moved on outside. He may have spent a little too much effort on trying to be mysterious and brooding, he had to admit. He should probably get up and follow them, except....no, no, following them was the only way. He tried to add nonchalant to mysterious and brooding as he hurried out of the Inn in pursuit of the group, but the rather too shrill "Wait for me!" he shouted at the door did little to achieve his aim.

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#25 Post by Ludanto »

While in town, Mortiganto asks around for directions to the entrance to the Barrowmaze. Once he has a location, and his companions are ready, he sets out.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by ybn1197 »

Everyone in town is well acquainted with the location of the Barrowmaze and obtaining directions is easily done. As the man in the square already informed you, the directions indicate that it is a half-day trek on foot to the burial mounds.

I am going to wait for everyone to chime in and any last requests are filled before we move on. This will also allow for Hedric the Strange (Tomcat42) to introduce himself to the group.

RiotInferno
Guide
Guide

#27 Post by RiotInferno »

Pyrric double-checks all his gear and readies his pack.
"Things appear good on my end. Let's get to lootin'."

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#28 Post by MrHemlocks »

***Marcus, in Helix***

Placing the newly bought sledge hammer and shovel along side his backpack, and tying them down with leather lashings, Marcus speaks up. "There now...ready"

DMStue
Tracker
Tracker

#29 Post by DMStue »

Dren purchases some salt, pepper and if possible chalk.

"We may need rope ..... Dren cannot carry one .... do any of you tallfolk carry one already?"

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#30 Post by Ludanto »

"It looks like the rangers have rope," Mortiganto says, pointing to the loops of hemp and silk on the rangers' backs.

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#31 Post by Tomcat42 »

Hedric the mage

A young man edges up to the gathered crowd of the town square. Except for the presence of a silver ring on the thumb of his left hand, he appears to be not much more than a beggar with a quarterstaff. He clears his throat "Are you fellows making for the barrows? My name is Hedric and I would join you if you have room for another." he says nervously. With a short bow he continues "I am a mage of some small skill and it appears you could also use a torch bearer with all the weapons you carry." His eyes move about almost as if he is watching some bird flying over the rooftops and there is an odd scent of herbs that lingers around him.
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#32 Post by Ludanto »

"It's strange that you should ask," Mortiganto replies. "Why yes, we are forming an expedition to the Barrowmaze, and we could certainly use a mage of some small skill. But you'd better make ready. We're making a last minute supply run, one last trip to the latrine, and then we're off!"

DMStue
Tracker
Tracker

#33 Post by DMStue »

Hearing Hedric's introduction, Dren wanders over intrigued and introduces himself.

"You are a Mage? .... Dren has not ever met a sorcerer. Have heard of your kind, but never met one. Is it true that you eat live food as Goltho once told Dren?"

He smiles wide as he waits for a response, displaying his ill-fitting wooden teeth.

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#34 Post by Tomcat42 »

Hedric looks down at the halfling with a cocked eye and a grin "Grasshoppers and rabbits from time to time. No halflings for at least 3 lunar cycles!"

"I will join whoever is going for supplies. I could use an extra waterskin and some lantern oil." his gaze returns to Dren "And I will have to hear where you happened upon your wondrous teeth when we have time!"
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."

Saxinis
Strider
Strider

#35 Post by Saxinis »

Uto counts the members of the group, "Seven! Seven is a good omen."

Rummaging through his backpack Uto informs the group, "I haz a hammer and spikes as well as a flinty 'n steel, a couple of sacks but I need to get a some rations."
* I'll be your huckleberry.
* I don't really care too much about the ruleset, I want a good setting and to have fun.

RiotInferno
Guide
Guide

#36 Post by RiotInferno »

"Like my sergeant back home always used to say: 'A well prepared soldier is a match for any situation.' He apparently wasn't that well prepared for the hobgoblin that took his head.

Does anyone have a trap-finding pole?
Perhaps some flour? A mirror? Something silver?
I'd be happy to purchase some of these, but I don't think I can carry much more."

Return to “Valnwall: The Barrowmaze (LL)”