Ask the GM

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Ask the GM

#1 Post by Distorted Humor »

This is where you can ask the GM anything.

Spiderdown
Tracker
Tracker

Re: Ask the GM

#2 Post by Spiderdown »

Do I need to worry about a character description? Or are we just going to be running for our lives and PC hair and eye colour will not be an issue?

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by Distorted Humor »

Totally up to you. Though you will not be running for your lives, at first....

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#4 Post by Tomcat42 »

Can I get a ruling on an acceptable weapon for a magic user? I'd like to use a sling/bullets if that's acceptable (it's a small weapon but more of a judgement call for the DM). Also, just an fyi, my character carries a quarterstaff (but not as a weapon - likely be used as a pole if a dungeon is actually in play).

Also, another question. I see you've assigned spells to the spellcasters rather than have the players pick their own beginning spells. It's likely I'll try to 'spell-swap' with other magic users in the party to broaden my utility. Do you see an issue with that (or was the spell assignment a particular mechanic for the playtest)? Thanks!
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#5 Post by Distorted Humor »

Tomcat42 wrote:Can I get a ruling on an acceptable weapon for a magic user? I'd like to use a sling/bullets if that's acceptable (it's a small weapon but more of a judgement call for the DM). Also, just an fyi, my character carries a quarterstaff (but not as a weapon - likely be used as a pole if a dungeon is actually in play).

Also, another question. I see you've assigned spells to the spellcasters rather than have the players pick their own beginning spells. It's likely I'll try to 'spell-swap' with other magic users in the party to broaden my utility. Do you see an issue with that (or was the spell assignment a particular mechanic for the playtest)? Thanks!
I always allowed Slings/darts for MU, since they need some sort of ranged weapon.

No problem on sharing spells, I just wanted to avoid the sleep spell. Of course, it is up to the other player if they want to swap spells.

Spiderdown
Tracker
Tracker

#6 Post by Spiderdown »

Is there a campaign ID for this campaign? I've got a character sheet for Othmar but it's still floating in space...

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by Distorted Humor »

Spiderdown wrote:Is there a campaign ID for this campaign? I've got a character sheet for Othmar but it's still floating in space...
The ID is 155.

Spiderdown
Tracker
Tracker

#8 Post by Spiderdown »

Cool! I have added.

Return to “Shadow over Rendhold Playtest”