67%
I dunno
33%

Total votes: 6

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Quick Poll About the game so far

#1 Post by GreyWolfVT »

So just curious vote or reply either way or both is fine just curious how you all think things are going so far. How am I doing anything you'd like me to change?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Talmor
Guide
Guide

Re: Quick Poll About the game so far

#2 Post by Talmor »

The pace is fine for me, but sometimes I want to wait a bit and make sure everyone has had a chance to make a comment. I know you said you want a minimum of once a day posting M-F, but seems like we're moving a bit more briskly than that. This is fine for me, but I do worry that other players may not have be able to post quite so often, and I don't want them to be left out through no fault of their own.

GreyWolfVT

#3 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I suspect that is because some folks are not subscribed to any of the forum topics/threads but that is why I am asking I don't want anyone to feel left out I said only 1-2 times a day but I really would like 2 a day at the least granted it is too late to go back and change my requirements. It's just something I'd like to see. I just don't want the game to go stale due to waiting on everyone to post. I've been PMing everyone so I don't go jumping ahead too soon but if I don't get a reply to the PM and don't see a forum post I've been forging ahead. Again I don't want to go too fast or too slow just trying to keep it moving so we don't lose anyone. Please let me know if you feel left out or anything.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Lubidius
Runner
Runner

#4 Post by Lubidius »

I think the rate has been fine thus far. I've only recently seen the link to subscribe (first time using Unseen Servant, which i'm liking a lot actually) so that is helping a lot. I can however only "commit" to one post a day barring sickness or scheduled absence as my work sometimes goes nuts crazy. As stated privately, move on as you need to. Just take my most recent postings as a litmus for NPC approach and move along. I think we should all agree to similar consent so that the GM keeps their muse up. I'm thinking in some of the more dense actions, like diving into a cave or dungeon, we MIGHT want to assign a "Caller" that has more free time to post on our group's behalf. We could "rotate" that Caller as desired. - Peter R.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by ybn1197 »

I agree with Talmor. When I can post, I can usually keep up with this pace. However, when work is hectic I can't keep up with the pace and I feel like I end up missing on a lot of opportunity to do things because the pace has already passed it by.

GreyWolfVT

#6 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Well don't worry if you want to address something let me know and I'll go back and cover it. Shoot me a PM anytime and I'll reply back I am not against doing a little side one on one to answer something I missed or go back a stage or two.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by ybn1197 »

That works for me. Thanks.

GreyWolfVT

#8 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alright and remember I'm new to being a DM in the PbP format and it actually has been a while since I was a DM in any setting of role play. I have to say I am I think getting the hang of it the issue is waiting for everyone to reply as it appears not all of us have the partial slowness as I do at work and I am over anxious or excited to say the least to be here as a DM. My big fear is that we have one or so players not paying attention and posting so I am reluctant to replace them that is why I've been making all of these posts and help hints PM's trying to gauge who is actually 100% with us and how often I need to move to the next scene. Really just trying to find a groove that works for everyone and I'm not quite there yet. :D

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#9 Post by Dogma »

I think the pacing is fine. Sometimes you just need to forge ahead instead of waiting for someone. You can't wait all the time for everyone one to post after every update. Sometimes life just gets in the way....I think we are all aware of that.

The trick in my opinion is knowing when to keep things moving forward and when to slow things down to give everyone a chance to input. but when in doubt, move the game forwards is always a good choice.

Dune
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#10 Post by Dune »

pace is good, and the unseen servant has an easy interface, good set up.

Return to “Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (2e)”