Action Thread 10

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 10

#121 Post by Argennian »

"No worries, friend!" the little hobbit druid exalts in repsonse to the elf's proffered thanks before taking up her spear and joining Varkos in trying to take down the two remaining devil-spawn treants by the eastern passage...

To Hit: Spear [1d20] = 14 (hits AC6), Damage: vs large-sized creatures [1d8] = 4

OOC: Zaf will target the other tree that Varkos isn't fighting currently, if it's still there and up. Otherwise, he'll attack whichever one is closest.

... and +1 to the welcomes back and glad things are getting sorted for you, Ron!
8-)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#122 Post by rredmond »

Day 2 – 7:24 a
Round 9

Illhalevar watches like a vigilante.

First the spear of the ranger and sword of Varkos flashing before the trees can attack.
While the spear cannot find bark, the sword chops well. Unfortunately the tree in front of the warrior had been previously untouched, so while it is staggered, it still moves to attack.

Then trees are able to strike being a little quicker than the party this round. Son of Thunder takes a stinging branch to the arm, 8 HPs damage but manages to avoid the other branches which causes him to miss with his second spear strike!

Avoiding some of the branches, Varkos also takes a wollop from a flailing branch 7 HPs damage but is able to connect with his second blow, as the druidess stabs with her spear. The flying chunks of bark, coupled with the chipping and pushing of the spear topples the creature as it lies unmoving.

Stepping in to help the ranger, Wulfgard can’t seem to get past the barky armor of the moaning tree.

Varkos and Son of Thunder are both hurting.. For upcoming Round 10 everyone attacks on initiative, there is just this one tree in front of Wulfgard and SoT left. The flames on all the trees have all died down, it’s smoky and darker, but there’s still enough light with the moss and the embers to see.
Please make your corresponding rolls with your action calls thanks all!
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (34.41 KiB) Viewed 1038 times
[/b]HPs: Varkos - 1/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 5/7; SoT - 2/25; Wulfgard - 10/12; Zafalia - 11/11
WIH: Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield;
MO (10’): Zafalia; Varkos; Ilhalevar; Al'Zur; SoT; Wulfgard
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 48 minutes OUT, 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (SoT) OUT, 40' radius; lamp 20 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 60 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius OUT.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-2/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-3/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-3/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#123 Post by Alethan »

Please finish this tree so we can loot the squirrel holes for treasure!!!
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by Zhym »

Wulfgard smacks at the tree with his mace, but it just bounces off bark.

Mace (THAC0 20): [1d20] = 3, Damage: [1d4+1] = 2+1 = 3

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#125 Post by Nuke66 »

Al'Zur hangs back, not wanting to risk another potential fatal blow from the branches

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#126 Post by saalaria »

Varkos shakes his head, weak and dizzy from blood loss.
"it is time for a proper rest."

after this fight my vote is to pull out back to the surface for a full rest and replenishment...varkos 1 hp!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by Argennian »

saalaria wrote:Varkos shakes his head, weak and dizzy from blood loss.
"it is time for a proper rest."
Seeing the big fighter next to her wobble from his wounds, Zafalia quickly sets down her spear and shield again and pulls another sprig of mistletoe from her belt pouch.

"The Oerth Mother's blessings upon you, Varkos!" she cries as she places her tiny halfling hand on the big man's leg and casts her last cure light wounds spell...

Cure Light Wounds spell [1d8] = 6

OOC: make that a wholesome and replenishing 7hps, Sam! :)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#128 Post by saalaria »

Thanks Arg!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by tkrexx »

A Ranger is not killed by trees, he LIVES for trees! Such are the thoughts screaming inside Son of Thunder's mind as he lashes out yet again with his spear.

To hit: [1d20+2] = 17+2 = 19, damage with WS spear, large: [1d8+3] = 3+3 = 6

Finally!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by rredmond »

Day 2 – 7:25 a
Round 10

Illhalevar watches like a timex. And notices that Odo and Rake, murmuring about crazy walking and groaning trees, turn tail and run out of the room, hall, and apparently the dungeon.

As the druidess tends to the warrior and the flames die down to barely a glow, the ranger and cleric continue their desperate assault! The cleric gets in a good swing with his mace, but jars his arm as it bounces off the thick bark. The tree turns it's attention to Wulfgard flailing branches toward him. But then the cleric sees a shower of splintered bark as the rangers spear lodges in and chips the tree's defenses. As the branches flail in death throes, the ranger gives a push, heaving the tree over to the ground, and to it's death, sighing an elated sigh of relief.

As the cleric and ranger clasp arms in victory, the party heaves a heavy breathing sigh of relief. As previously mentioned the chamber is lit by glowing moss that hangs from the ceiling in long, frilly strands. There are the nine earthenware pots standing there, and burned and chipped trees lying on the floor. The floor itself is grooved, channeling the water to each of the pots. The angry muttering now gone froom the room. You entered the room from the north, but there are exits on the west and east walls.

To the west you hear the unmistakable sounds of the fish musher, to the east what sounds like yet another waterfall. But other than that, you don't hear anything approaching, or see anything else. The corridors out are both dark and infravision registers no heat signatures.

Whatta combat! Tough trees.
Actions?

HPs: Varkos - 7/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 5/7; SoT - 2/25; Wulfgard - 10/12; Zafalia - 11/11
WIH: Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield;
MO (10’): Zafalia; Varkos; Ilhalevar; Al'Zur; SoT; Wulfgard
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 48 minutes OUT, 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (SoT) OUT, 40' radius; lamp 20 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 60 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius OUT.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-2/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-3/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-1/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by Zhym »

Wulfgard offers prayers to heal Son of Thunder's wounds.

Cure Light Wounds: [1d8] = 5
Cure Light Wounds: [1d8] = 7

That taps out Wulfgard's healing for the day.

"I wonder if there's anything left in those earthenware pots," says the cleric.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#132 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar moves back into the room from the north after swiping the cobwebs off her robes.

She examines one of the earthenware pots to see what remains inside - if there is any evidence of any magic that might have caused the trees to animate like they did.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by Argennian »

Zafalia mouths a prayer of thanks to the Oerth Mother that none of her companions were killed during this latest and most harrowing encounter. She is sure to readdress and compartmentalize her still simmering anger toward whomever or whatever created those evil abominations out of what was once innocent and majestic trees.

The little halfling druidess finishes her prayers and once everyone has regrouped, begins a close scrutinization of the fallen trees they just did battle with. She's looking for any clues or signs of what might have done this to those poor sentinels of nature. Once finished, she'll join the others inspecting the stationary pots to see what they've discovered.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by tkrexx »

Clasping arms with Wulfgard, Son of Thunder finally finds his smile. Well done, Priest! This is courage you did not enter the cavern with! His grip weakens after a second, and he stumbles a bit. Wulfgard's healing magic is much welcome to one who would never complain of weakness.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#135 Post by saalaria »

Varkos watches up the passage he and Al Zur were in, figuring that is the most likely direction an attack could come from.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#136 Post by Nuke66 »

Al'Zur looks at the group after the trees are down.

"Perhaps we should think about a rest....?"

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#137 Post by rredmond »

Moving her on over to a new thread folks!

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2269

Thanks!

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”