Osric goes to church

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Osric goes to church

#1 Post by wolfpack »

Osric heads across the street from the inn to the smal church.

The front dor is not locked and opening it he walks in.

It is a simple bulding with a large empty room with two rows of 4 pews. You can only spot 1 other door besides the one you entered in the back right corner of the room.

There is a robed figure dusting off the pew who srops when you enter. It appears to be aboy younger than you dressed in gray robes.

he stops what he is doing and approaches you.

can I help you stranger?

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Osric goes to church

#2 Post by Stonjuz »

Does Osric feel as like he is in one of his diety holy places ? Thor's symbols anywhere?
If so he says the following.....

"Here to offer up coin brother. A rest for the night in the temple? Any a mizer's bowl would also help. A temple wench perhaps?"

If he does not see and/or feel the blessings of Thor upon the temple, he will say,
"Forgive me. My mistake and I beg your leave."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by wolfpack »

On the walls you see tapestry of symbols of all the norse patheon with Odins being most prominent.

Seeing your symbol and hearing your question the young man nods.

Allow me to go get the head preist brother, please have a seat.

The young man disapears behind the door in the back of the room and after about 5 minutes he comes back followed by another man.

this man a little older than you with long wavy red hair and a close cut red beard.

Hello brother, my acolyte informs me you need room and board for the night. My name is Erikson priest of Odin

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#4 Post by Stonjuz »

Osric gives the respectful greeting gesture with hand, or knee, and says slightly louder, "True is the path Thor has laid before us indeed, brother. I am Osric Games. I know not what fates awaits my friends and I, but indeed I can face them emboldened knowing I have done what I can to benefit his followers here. I am expecting to be moving on tomorrow, but what evils need to be dealt with in these regions? Maybe we can assist? I have little purse but you are welcome to what you need."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by wolfpack »

If you wish to make a donation it is more than welcome and the all fathers blessings will be upon you.

Times have been tough recently. Just 4 days past the villages grain silo was attacked and set fire by orcs led by some great tatooed ogre. I led the villagers against them and drove them off. By Odin's beard only some of the grain was damaged but it could have been a disaster.

oops think I acidently said priest of thor before, he is a priest of odin. however the priesthoods of odin, thor, and freya all work together closely.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#6 Post by Stonjuz »

Osric will tithe his 9 gold and donate another 4, making an even 13 8-)
I really must get a meal inside of me, and a rest.....in the morning i will try to get the others to help with the ogre. They should be up for a tumble.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by wolfpack »

FYI the tatooed ogre sounds suspiciously like the Death Mongers you group has been dealing with.

the priest thanks you profusely.

I am cooking mutton over the fire, and I have plenty of ale if you wish to join me.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#8 Post by Stonjuz »

Osric asks during the meal, "Is that all you know of this raiding party? Can your village assist in anyway, if we do pursue them?"

Are there any subordinates around that Osric can use as a messenger?

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by wolfpack »

the only suborninate seems to be the boy who addressed you when you entered.

We are a simple hamlet, the people take up arms when they must, but they are not warriors. Only I and the inn owner have been traine din any weapon use.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#10 Post by Stonjuz »

The cleric thanks the priest for his hospitality and sends word to the others that he will be sleeping here at the temple.
He begins to retire after devotions. He prays dreams will be valiant this night.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#11 Post by Stonjuz »

Morning prayers are quite routine except for one thing.
Osric asks Thor to grant him whatever spells that the diety deems necessary.
(Let god decide!!!)

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by wolfpack »

light, command, bless, resist cold

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by wolfpack »

the next morning you awake refreshed.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#14 Post by Stonjuz »

"Grant us any supplies you may have prepared. Any last advice? The ogre's death will be soon enough. That is, if my companions have anything to say about it. What can you offer us? Perhaps some goods might have already been purchased by my friends."Osric pulls from the offerings, any healing herbs and components necessary for Bless, Resist Cold, Command and Light"and starts to leave. "May our paths be the one lit, brother."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by wolfpack »

May Odin be with you

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#16 Post by Stonjuz »

Osric, who had retired relatively quickly, gets a fill of his senses about the place, enroute to his friends, with the sounds, smells, and the feel of the village, etc...in early uninterupted solitude.

Return to “Aroth”