Lost

Rex
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Lost

#81 Post by gurusql »

Beryl

"Sounds good." Beryl will tie the rope around his waist and try to cross using the bridge to keep the path.

Not sure what rolls I should attempt.
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Marullus »

Lharzin prepares the same - wearing only her travel wool dress and removing her leathers and other garments, bundling it all in her pack to carry above her head.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Rex »

Everyone who is going to cross give me 5 1d100 rolls, I will use them in order rolled. I will use a Str+Agi/2)x5 check, those who can use the rope will also get a +10 bonus, anyone with Acrobatics skill can use that instead or get a +SI bonus, whichever is better. If someone fails a roll, they will get a second roll to catch themselves (foot slipped etc). Those using the rope that fail the second roll will get dunked and need to right them selves but won't be at risk of being swept down stream.

Arngeir is taking the rope across and anchoring it on the other side for the others? No rope bonus but tied to rope.
Ingram is anchoring the rope on this side and going last? No rope bonus but tied to rope.

Another option would be trying to find a place to tie the rope off on your current side, but you would need to leave it behind and might need it later.
sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by sulldawga »

Ingram looks to see if there's a convenient place nearby to tie off the rope.

Might as well see if I can tie off the rope on our current side. That way, once we tie it off on the other side, everyone but the first and last person will have stability. Ingram will also be able to use it when he crosses carrying his armor and gear. Then he can go back and untie it so we can take it with us. Will be a bit risky to cross three times but he'll have the rope as a handrail for the first two crossings.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir

Yes, my plan was to have Arngeir go over first to secure the rope, with the assumption that being taller would make the crossing easier. I also thought he'd do well because of his good dex, forgetting about agility :)

He will cast Unsarl's Hug before he crosses:

Percentage: [1d100]=55, a CS, spell lasts 1 hr

[1d100]=38;[1d100]=42;[1d100]=85;[1d100]=3;[1d100]=62
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Marullus »

Lharzin waits, then crosses in the middle of the group. "Sorry... i didn't think to bring anything as practical as rope."
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Rex »

sulldawga wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 3:37 pm Ingram looks to see if there's a convenient place nearby to tie off the rope.

Might as well see if I can tie off the rope on our current side. That way, once we tie it off on the other side, everyone but the first and last person will have stability. Ingram will also be able to use it when he crosses carrying his armor and gear. Then he can go back and untie it so we can take it with us. Will be a bit risky to cross three times but he'll have the rope as a handrail for the first two crossings.
After looking around a bit Ingram notices there is a heavy bronze ring of about 6 inches in diameter, anchored into a rock. About 10 feet from the rivers edge and about 4 feet above the current rivers level. It is sort of out of sight unless you are within a couple of feet of it. It seems to be still secure pulling on it. The Khuzdul will confirm it appears to be Khuzun make.
sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by sulldawga »

Ingram secures his end of the rope to the bronze ring. He waits to see if there's something on the other side to secure the rope to.
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#89 Post by Ahlmzhad »

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by sulldawga »

Ingram's first set of crossing the river rolls.

Crossing the river: 5#1d100 81 87 9 78 62
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by gurusql »

Beryl

Here are Beryl rolls as he tries to cross the river.
[_5d100]=(59+38+81+17+57)=252
STR 19, AGI 11 - (Str+Agi/2)x5 = 75
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#92 Post by GreyWolfVT »

“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by Rex »

The river crossing.

Arngeir makes it across without any issues. Once across he locates a matching ring to the first and ties off the rope nice and secure. Signaling back the others begin working their ways across.

Lharzin, Murgar, Beryl, and Algrim all cross using the rope without any issues.

Ingram crosses using the rope to get his gear across without issue. (Just made it with the rope bonus he needs an 83, without a 73).

Going back using the rope Ingram slips once and then catches himself, making it the rest of the way after a short pause to catch his breath. (87 MF, 9 MS, and 78 MS used up. The rope bonus was critical here too).

Ingram unties the rope and ties it around himself. He then works his way across without any issues.

Everyone is across and wet. The khuzdul are wetter than the others.

Perhaps an hour left of daylight at this point.

Actions?
sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by sulldawga »

Ingram says, I think we have to gather some wood and build a fire now.

Assuming there are no objections, Ingram starts the search for wood. He puts his armor back on first though.
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by gurusql »

Beryl

"I agree 100%, exactly what I was going to suggest otherwise it will be a cold night."
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#96 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim agrees "Aye! An I'll help gather up firewood." he will help gather up firewood & search for any stones they might be able o find to set around the pit for the fire to help conceal the flames.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by sulldawga »

While collecting firewood, Ingram looks around for a suitable campsite, preferably one where they're protected from the wind.

We might all want to collect only fallen branches, in case this turns out to be a nobleman's property and he's protective of his trees.
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#98 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Murgar

Yes fire would be good. Might as well just camp here for the night.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir

The ivinian returns his weapons to his belt, but decides not to don his armour until he has dried off a bit. He grabs his shield and helps to look for firewood.
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by Marullus »

"Let me come along and see if there's anything nearby to help with dinner..." offers Lharzin. She also leaves armor at the camp for the moment.

Foraging (70) [1d100]=21

Return to “Rex's HarnWorld Campaign (HarnMaster Sandbox)”