000 Meeting at The Duck Pond

Eris
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 000 Meeting at The Duck Pond

#21 Post by Rex »

Zennys

Zennys walks into The Duck Pond and looks around. Dragging a bunch of assorted adventuring gear behind her. The small, even for a halfling manages to stand out with her long black hair and bright blue eyes, mismatched with her tan skin.

She looks the individuals in the tavern over and decides the dwarf might have the coin to buy some of her stuff as she is out of coin at the moment.

She walks over and sits next to the dwarf (Travok), "Hi mister dwarf how are you today? I am Zennys. Looking to sell something from my gear here so I can buy myself a glass and meal would you need a crowbar or hammer by chance?"
Zenny.jpg
Zenny.jpg (50.06 KiB) Viewed 146 times
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by shaidar »

Arram

"I was simply doing what the Sun Lord teaches. Perhaps you would consider repaying the favour by doing a good deed for someone else."

When Hellebore passes him a drink and nods toward a chair...

"Let me get my things..."

He recovers his equipment from the other table and sits.

"I'm not the kind of priest that just stands in a church and preaches. I'm interested in what happened to you, if you want to share."
Last edited by shaidar on Sun May 05, 2024 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Rex »

Zennys

Zennys perks up as Arram talks, liking a good story as much as any other halfling. Maybe they will need a hammer.
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by joertexas »

Carsta leans back in her chair, tired to her bones. She takes a drink of whatever is offered to her without registering what it is. The healing and a chance to sit still clears her thoughts, and she looks at the newcomers in turn. "You know our story," the young healer indicates her battered companions with a wave of her hand, ""but what brings you here?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by shaidar »

Arram

I was a solder, but grew tired of the senseless killing." some dark emotion briefly flits across his face "Luckily, I heard the Sun Father's call. I'm here because places like this, on the edge, need the help of Pelor's light to push back the darkness. That, and I'm too rough and direct to be preaching sermons to fat merchants in a city somewhere."
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Marullus »

shaidar wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:21 am "I'm not the kind of priest that just stands in a church and preaches. I'm interested in what happened to you, if you want to share."
"I respect a man of action," she replies, smiling to him. She points to his tankard of ale and it frosts up, the beverage now pleasantly cold.
joertexas wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 5:20 pm ... she looks at the newcomers in turn. "You know our story," the young healer indicates her battered companions with a wave of her hand, ""but what brings you here?"
"Because the ruins provide an opportunity not found in Fallcrest," says Hellebore as she sniffs her wine. She rubs her fingers together above it and the strong smell of clove wafts up with its steam to the table. She looks satisfied as she takes another sip, and continues. "Sage and explorer of lost knowledge, as I said. I have read basically every Tome currently in Fallcrest, and likely Lakeside for that matter, and the collected works of those who currently live are woefully lacking compared to what was known and lost before." She watches Travok approach and leave Zennys behind, so she slides another mug to an empty chair before she continues again. "There's good rewards for specific items from the archive and fallen tower, but that leaves far more lore that someone of discernment must review, and I intend to go there." She smiles broadly and nods once, with confidence.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Rex »

Zennys

"Anything other than lore in this fallen tower? I might be interested in going there. I am also an explorer of sort, although not much interested in scrolls and tablets."
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by shaidar »

Arram

"The ruins seem to have everyone's attention around here. I see the church wants some items recovered."

He takes a deep drink of his ale and his eyebrows raise "This is much better cold" he says as he looks at Hellebore
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by ateno »

We four have a commission to recover something from the tower for the local wizard and some other stuff.

de Francisco smiles slightly at the meal arrives for his crew and takes a spoon of stew and swallows it.

"I believe none of us are willing to be pumped for information right now. We need a meal and a pitcher of water and a long sleep and a bath, we can meet here at lunch time tomorrow?"

de Francisco
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by shaidar »

Arram

Arram drains the remainder of his ale and stands.

"That's not what I was doing. I must arrange a bilet for the night and I need to report to Prelate Jocaster at the temple. Excuse me."

He grabs his gear and goes looking for the innkeeper to arrange a room for the night.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Rex »

Zennys

Zennys will let the seemingly annoyed de Francisco cool down and look the inn over for someone else who might want to purchase some of her adventuring gear.
Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#32 Post by Darithe »

Vesper grins at Harry, "So I look bad you say? Well you should see the other guy! Now what's a gal got to do to get some drink and a bowl of soup? I'll give you a little song in payment or would you prefer the coin of the realm?" The thin half-elf bears numerous piercings in her nose and ears and possibly some unseen. She has a ready grin that belies the two scars on her face looking to the strangers who seemingly know of their tales, "I am Vesper Grae, humble (on occasion) troubadour and adventuress. I am glad to make each of your acquaintance."
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Marullus »

Hellebore motions Vesper to the large cup of hot wine already in front of her, then to the last mug of ale still on the tray. "That's already bought and paid for, so you've nothing more to do to get a drink. Though, you're welcome to tell tale or song." She smiles.

She then responds to de Francisco, her tone curious. "You're welcome to return for lunch tomorrow. That's twice, though, that you've spoken for all your companions and they do not appear to agree with you. I am answering Miss Carsta, because she asked a question. Miss Vesper has offered a song. Mister Linder has appologized for you once already."
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#34 Post by ateno »

"Perhaps I am a bit surly, I have been watching their lives and protecting them, if I made any offense..."

de Francisco stands and hold his hat in the crook of his arm and fluffs out is cape and bows low.

"I am truly sorry m'lady."

de Francisco
terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#35 Post by terrymixon »

Marullus wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:16 pm Hellebore motions Vesper to the large cup of hot wine already in front of her, then to the last mug of ale still on the tray. "That's already bought and paid for, so you've nothing more to do to get a drink. Though, you're welcome to tell tale or song." She smiles.

She then responds to de Francisco, her tone curious. "You're welcome to return for lunch tomorrow. That's twice, though, that you've spoken for all your companions and they do not appear to agree with you. I am answering Miss Carsta, because she asked a question. Miss Vesper has offered a song. Mister Linder has appologized for you once already."
“Just Linder. I’ll stay for a bit.”

Linder
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Gunnery-0, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 900 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#36 Post by Eris »

ateno wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:34 pm We four have a commission to recover something from the tower for the local wizard and some other stuff.

de Francisco smiles slightly at the meal arrives for his crew and takes a spoon of stew and swallows it.

"I believe none of us are willing to be pumped for information right now. We need a meal and a pitcher of water and a long sleep and a bath, we can meet here at lunch time tomorrow?"

de Francisco
"Hello!" says the young man who brings the platter with big bowls of stew on it, "I want to thank you again for what you did for us, for the orphans. The Reverend is in jail, Helga has disappeared and Mary is looking after the kids with the Priests from the Temple keeping an eye on her."

It's Willie, he grins as he sets the platter down, "Mr. Sill gave me a job here. I'm learning how to cook."

Willie looks around the table frowning, "Where's Malc and Dunc...and Salma? Where's Salma?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#37 Post by Eris »

Darithe wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:54 pm Vesper grins at Harry, "So I look bad you say? Well you should see the other guy! Now what's a gal got to do to get some drink and a bowl of soup? I'll give you a little song in payment or would you prefer the coin of the realm?" The thin half-elf bears numerous piercings in her nose and ears and possibly some unseen. She has a ready grin that belies the two scars on her face looking to the strangers who seemingly know of their tales, "I am Vesper Grae, humble (on occasion) troubadour and adventuress. I am glad to make each of your acquaintance."
Harry says with a chuckle, "You don't have to sing for your dinner tonight. Tomorrow will be soon enough."

"Willie, get few loaves of bread to go with that stew." says Harry to the young man who has just arrived with the food.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun
terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#38 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:24 am
ateno wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:34 pm We four have a commission to recover something from the tower for the local wizard and some other stuff.

de Francisco
"Hello!" says the young man who brings the platter with big bowls of stew on it, "I want to thank you again for what you did for us, for the orphans. The Reverend is in jail, Helga has disappeared and Mary is looking after the kids with the Priests from the Temple keeping an eye on her."

It's Willie, he grins as he sets the platter down, "Mr. Sill gave me a job here. I'm learning how to cook."

Willie looks around the table frowning, "Where's Malc and Dunc...and Salma? Where's Salma?"
Linder gave him a sad face. “I’m afraid they didn’t make it. I’m sorry.”

Linder
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Gunnery-0, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 900 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#39 Post by ateno »

"Willie, in battle, people die or are hurt too much to live or lose parts of them. Things got really bad, I am so sorry they are not here to wish you well on your new job, try to gain solace in the fact you knew them and they knew you. Remember them, and they won't truly die."

de Francisco will do something from putting his hand on his shoulder to give him a hug, depending on his reaction.

de Francisco
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Rex »

Zennys

Zennys watches the emotional display with sadness, losing someone is always tough. She then takes advantage of the distraction to involve herself with the stew and bread.

Return to “The Silver Vale (5e)”