Eric.D
Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Chapter 1: The Black City

#81 Post by Enoch »

Eric.D wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:20 am
Suen-Magir:

As the revelry continues around the fire, Sabit, sitting next to Suen-Magir, looks around. "You should conjure some of those magic whistles, little brother. They will like it, and you need to practice."

She strokes your neck, gently but firmly, "Your magic is very important to us. And you haven't found out who would benefit the church most when subjected to your particular gift, so this is at least a small thing you could do?"

She frames it as a question, but it is a familiar wheedling. If she doesn't get her way, she will be cold and callous for days. She might even have the other members of the Black Citadel express her displeasure on her behalf. They're usually afraid to do much, but their fists can hurt. You know.
Suen swallows hard, hesitating, but eventually he nods. "I'll see what I can do."

I'm going to use Sorcery to try to grant myself the Hideous! trait. It's Ob 3 (1 plus trait cost (2) for a beneficial effect, no increase for Self or for One test).
Sorcery: [1d6]=5, [1d6]=3, [1d6]=3, [1d6]=6
2 successes so far. Sorcery is already open-ended, so I'll reroll that 6:
Sorcery: [1d6]=3
I'll use my Fate to re-roll that traitor:
Sorcery: [1d6]=4

Suen clears his throat as he rises from his seat at the fireside, his legs shaking slightly. "I said before that we all brought something useful. For me...that's the blood of demons." His face scrunches up in concentration as his visage slowly transforms, from a rather plain-faced boy to the hideous visage of the deepest spawn of hell.
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust

Eric.D
Scout
Scout

#82 Post by Eric.D »

Marullus wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:22 pm I still need to know what we need to do to prepare. Maybe its Eldritch Horror-wise or Horrifying Evil-wise with helping dice from Ku-Aya? I'll take it to the group so they can throw in Help... let me know what the test would be? Does flying around and looking at it provide any insight? Even if we get an inkling, do we have any mechanism to further prepare at this point? ...maybe this allows an objective location seen from the sky where Nutesh things he'll acquire the sorcerous power to face the creature? (Belief #3)[/ooc][/spoiler]

Nutesh sits for a long time on her words, unsettled. "If it is beyond your experience, my love, what can we know?" He decides that ruminating on his own hands and navel avail him nothing and looks again through Carrock. He ponders the creature she describes as his eyes scan the sites below.

Nutesh walks again into the firelight with the others, the empheral outline of Ku-Aya visible behind him where the firelight fails. He looks to Mekertu, then the others. "I am certain something lives in the dead city... it is attentive, even to the unseen, and will not miss our coming. What do we know of that-which-lives-within? What do your elders pass down? What do those in the outskirts say they find when it emerges and communities disappear?"
"I do not know everything," her voice rises like a breeze rattling leaves in trees in fall, a sound foreign to this land, "And much has come to pass since I left your world."

I can't say that there are no mechanisms to prepare further—the game is too flexible and player-driven for me to say that. I will say that no matter what you see, it will be difficult to prepare further, as you are in the middle of nowhere and limited in resources. That being said, please roll Perception for Carrock again—the day has passed, so Let it Ride does not apply. Graduated test at +1 Ob because it is now dark and ravens do not have good night vision.

This test will take about 40 minutes, as Carrock must fly back to Telkomel. You can of course work Carefully to get another die, but in that case, the rest of the group will be asleep when you are done and you will need to wait till morning to speak to them. That may well be worth the risk, as he only has 3 dice and your minimum Ob is 2. If he sees something, I may call for another roll to see if there is more you can make of the situation.

And I will follow up on the rest of your post when you've completed this test.

Eric.D
Scout
Scout

#83 Post by Eric.D »

Enoch wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:15 pm Suen clears his throat as he rises from his seat at the fireside, his legs shaking slightly. "I said before that we all brought something useful. For me...that's the blood of demons." His face scrunches up in concentration as his visage slowly transforms, from a rather plain-faced boy to the hideous visage of the deepest spawn of hell.
As the transformation takes hold a shout breaks out as the men, shocked, stumble back and reach for their weapons.
"By the flames of Sholath!"
"What have you brough upon us, Farouk?!"
"I thought he was just a boy,"
exclaims one man.
"With eyes like that?!" replies another.

Sabit laughs, delighted.

Akhom, spear leveled, spits on the ground, "To me! She Who Understands the Signs say to drive all demons into the desert. We will do this."

His men begin to form around him, but another man, who Lilly and Finnithir recognize as Herzebuh from earlier, stands in front of him, unmoving.

"Akhom, please, they are our guests, we have fed them. The law is clear. Even an enemy must be given hospitality. And all of us carry secrets."

His gaze wanders over toward Urkazzar, who seems unphased by Suen-Magir's transformation. He is still happily smiling at something he had been saying to Finnithir.

"He isn't your enemy," declares Sabit, stentorian, her voice lilting in amusement, but tinged with authority. "The Church of the Black Citadel are your allies against whatever else is out there! Is it not better to have a demon fighting with you than coming among you unknown?"

There is an uneasy shuffling as Akhom mutters under his breath, then he speaks aloud to Herzebuh while keeping his eyes on Sabit.

"The law is clear, Herzebuh, but so are She Who Understands the Signs. What can a man do when the law and the word of the ancestors are in conflict?"

"We must follow the law first. If She Who Understands the Signs overrule the law, then we follow the word."

"I do not like this," his eyes dart to Suen-Magir, disgust tinged with fear plays across his face, "Demon! Why should we not drive you away?"

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Marullus »

...definitely am working carefully! Unfortunately that obviates other help and makes him oblivious to Suen's altercation. That's 4D, +1 for Help from Great Wizard-wise...

Nutesh / Carrock Perception (G5, Ob2) [1d6]=1[1d6]=5[1d6]=5[1d6]=4[1d6]=6
Nutesh meditates in his warding circles, missing Suen's altercation...

Eric.D
Scout
Scout

#85 Post by Eric.D »

Marullus wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:07 pm
...definitely am working carefully! Unfortunately that obviates other help and makes him oblivious to Suen's altercation. That's 4D, +1 for Help from Great Wizard-wise...

Nutesh / Carrock Perception (G5, Ob2) [1d6]=1[1d6]=5[1d6]=5[1d6]=4[1d6]=6
Nutesh meditates in his warding circles, missing Suen's altercation...
Carrock takes wing on the cold desert wind, the form he has taken knowing innately where the Black City is. Even in the dimness of night, the city is visible, a black crag in the valley, reaching a hand out to the pass, an ancient formation carved by the Sipe before it changed course millennia ago.

As he nears, he ascends, to look down on the city from far above, circling and bringing his left eye to bear as he always does when searching. From this height, the layout of the city is plain: the roads and structures radiate from the grand building in the center, topped by its gilded statue. The city is still, Carrock spots no movement.

He descends, inspecting the center building from all angles; the interior is dark and barely visible, the gilded statue the only thing easy to make out, bright even in the moonlight, sitting on the dome, her hands clasped below her chin...

...the statue has moved.

Startled, you look closer. Through your connection with the spirit, you feel a growing sense of uncertainty and unease. The face is the same, dressed the same, but she sits demurely, as if waiting patiently for something, beams no longer radiating from the sphere. Carrock circles, watching for movement, but nothing comes. A sound, stones falling, rings out below, and Carrock ascends higher to survey, but sees no movement. A small pile of stones near the building seems to have been disturbed, a few of them have tumbled onto the sandy, paved road below.

Peering around, his right eye watching for attack from above, Carrock waits, watching for sign of threat. When none comes, he alights across the way from the disturbed stones, peering into the building, past the pillars, looking for sign of something moving, but sees nothing. You can barely make out carvings on the inner walls, with some paint on them, perhaps, though you cannot tell what they are of. People, scenes of war or victory, perhaps? Glyphs, a dead language, almost certainly.

Thinking this is perhaps the information you need, to know more about these people and what they were, you urge Carrock in, and he takes wing once again into the building, choosing to land on top of one of the interior walls, below the high ceiling and between pillars, in a gap probably intended to let light and air through.

Peering over, Carrock glimpses into the room. A strange sight.

A square room, the walls are carved in the same fashion as the ones you saw outside, but even up close you cannot make them out, shadow stone on a shadowed night. The circumference of the room is a platform a step below the outside floor. The center, though, is a pit, barely visible, disappearing into ebon blackness. A stair clings to the side of the pit, descending until it is just an invisible shadow.

Carrock cocks his head, listening carefully, his left eye studying the pit and the right continuing his vigil. It seems silent for a long moment, then... emanating from the pit, a distant rasp, of cloth or flesh on stone. It continues for a moment, then stops without warning. A small eternity passes, listening.

Then, another sound, from outside the temple this time. Carrock's head shoots up, his right eye scanning the room until it settles on... something. Something terrifying and unearthly. A... creature, about the size of a man, of a color impossible to make out in the dark, folding upon itself like clay in the hands of a potter, reforming in different shapes, and each time it places four limbs on the ground to hold itself steady. It's flesh wriggles and slithers, worms squealing against each other, attempting to tear themselves away from the body.

Carrock freezes.

The creatures writhes through the pillars, coming toward the room where Carrock watches, into the room, to the stairs, positioning itself at the head of the stairs, where it stops. A long eternity passes, watching.

Suddenly, the body of the creature... stands, perhaps? Reshapes itself, two of its limbs move up from the floor until it has an almost human shape. Without warning, it turns towards Carrock, its flesh twitching and writhing with excitement.

Faster than even thought, Carrock takes off in abject terror. He is out, past the pillars, into the night, his left eye watching his path and his right frenetically scanning for danger following, ascending for all he is worth, a speed so inhuman you find yourself instantly nauseous. Past the building, the pillars, the walls, the statue on her gilded dome, her hands now curled around her knees and head moping on them. Into the night, a bird of spirit and smoke, flying away from the cursed city with only the intent of getting away, no longer responsive to your thoughts. He flies, flies further, flies faster, until the shape he has taken quivers with exhaustion, and then he circles to look behind.

Seeing nothing, he flies back toward the camp.
This is a development, and it is possible it awakens a memory in Nutesh. You may make a Great Wizards-wise roll. The obstacle is 3. The information will be very limited no matter how well you roll.

VVhite-Crow
Scout
Scout

#86 Post by VVhite-Crow »

His face scrunches up in concentration as his visage slowly transforms, from a rather plain-faced boy to the hideous visage of the deepest spawn of hell.
Whoa! So much for "unsubstantiated doubts". ^^ I LOVE IT!!!
Farouk awkwardly jumps to his feet when he notices what Suen is doing.
I assume Suen doesn't show of his skills on a daily basis so THIS is new to Farouk.
He is shocked like most of the other men but positions himself at Herzebuhs side between Suen and Akhom, his attention alternating from one man to the other. His hands are trembling and raised to both sides. With a noticeable trace of anger and a pitch higher than usual he sais to Suen, "That is definitely NOT what I had in mind when I told you to stay away from these men! What ever you're doing. MAKE IT STOP!" and with pleading expression to Akhom, "Excuse the alghuraba. They are right: He is NOT your enemy. This is just a horrible misunderstanding!"
How obvious is the influence Sabit has over Suen?
When Farouk is aware of the conversation that lead to this situation he gives an angry look and makes a sign to "curse" Sabit who apparently enjoys the commotion.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Marullus »

That... is so AWESOME. Amazing description and worth typing twice. :) Since I miss the other ongoingaction, i will wait to post until it resolves and we reach morning...

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#88 Post by Enoch »

Startled at the outcry, Suen drops his concentration, and his face melts back into his own rather plain, unassuming face. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle anyone. It's just a trick.
I could make any of your faces look the same. It's just a little harder."

Eric.D
Scout
Scout

#89 Post by Eric.D »

Akhom looks between Farouk and Suen, suspicion deep in his face. Settling on Suen, he menaces, "You did not startle us. We are ever ready for demons"—clearly a lie—"This does not answer my question. Why should we not drive you out?"

You have two choices here:
  • You can try to plead your case in a single roll. This would be a Persuasion test. Akhom has decent, but not incredible, Will, and your Ob for that is 4. Sabit will Help, of course. Success allows you to dictate the terms. Failure allows Akhom to dictate them.
  • You can engage in a DoW. This is safer, as there is almost always a Compromise, but more complex, and probably rules out total victory due to the Compromise.

I would encourage a DoW, as Suen's Beliefs strongly indicate to me that he is trying to come to terms with his magic and nature. Convincing these people, proving his humanity, should be important to him.

Eric.D
Scout
Scout

#90 Post by Eric.D »

Marullus wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:52 pm That... is so AWESOME. Amazing description and worth typing twice. :) Since I miss the other ongoingaction, i will wait to post until it resolves and we reach morning...
Excellent! Glad it was worth the effort! One thing to note: I have offered a Test, but if you feel any others might be appropriate, you can ask for a different one.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Marullus »

Eric.D wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:38 pm Excellent! Glad it was worth the effort! One thing to note: I have offered a Test, but if you feel any others might be appropriate, you can ask for a different one.
This is a development, and it is possible it awakens a memory in Nutesh. You may make a Great Wizards-wise roll. The obstacle is 3. The information will be very limited no matter how well you roll.
Thanks for prompting! I missed the spoiler with the trst prompt. Checking dice before I roll it... not sure what we are discovering:.
Great Wizard -Wise B2
2D help from Ku-Aya Obscure History?
FoRK for...
Symbology/Circination for the engravings all over the temple and around the pit
Philosophy for Divining the original meaning, or the nature of good, evil, death, or whatever is in that pit
Bone-Wise (as this creature aparently locomotive without having any!)

(He opened all these for a reason! Actually, is it a lower Ob as a Philosophy test? That skill seems so flavorful.)

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#92 Post by Enoch »

This definitely seems like DoW territory to me. As far as Stakes are concerned, is "The bandits will accept and accompany us" too grand?

hidetzugu
Scout
Scout

#93 Post by hidetzugu »

Catching up to the timeline:
Eric.D wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:45 pm
hidetzugu wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:17 pm Intent: I'd like to know what it is, if it is special in any way... Stuff-Wise maybe or something like Unskilled Gem-Wise or Stone-Wise or Mineral-Wise if having a more specific Wise can sufficiently lower the Ob
There isn't a default wise, we could of course make one, e.g. Gemstone-wise. In that case, I would offer a graduated Test—you will know what definitely it isn't at Ob 1, what it is at Ob 2, and more at Ob 3. Alternatively, I would rule that it would be an Ob 1 Gem Artifice Test, which would tell you exactly what it is.

So the question becomes if you want to chance getting more information, or to start opening a skill that is more broadly useful to your Beliefs in the future. ;)

hidetzugu wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:17 pm Intent: Ideally, if he knows where to find more, I'd like to get some information from him (Interrogation perhaps?)
Interrogation is only necessary when the target is unwilling, and he'll happily just converse with you, so no need for a Test.
"Yes, my brother Essam brought it from the city when I was little. So I know it's from there. I don't know about the city, I've never been there," Urkazzar looks sideways, head bobbing still, a small smile on his face, "I'd like to go see it, I'm not afraid. I can help you find more! I like shiny rocks. And Farouk will take Bassam. I like camels."
Lilly smiles at him. "All great dwarven tales are about heros reclaiming the long lost holds of their forefathers from dragons and orcs and..." - she looks guiltily at Finnithir - "...elves..."

She pauses, makes an apologetic gesture at the elf, and continues: "Perhaps you've got what it takes to reclaim Telkomel, and the old stars have put Finnithir and me here to aid you in your quest!"
She looks him up and down, appraisingly: "Can you fight? shoot a bow? We hear there terrible things left in there, shadowy creatures and demon...." - At this point Suen's altercation starts...
1) If he really wants to go with us I'm mostly validating his intent so I don't think there is a social roll here.
2) I do want to evaluate his usefulness, doesn't he look like he can fight? or will be a liability?
3) I'm tempted to gas in up regardless due to the Adventurer trait. I think Lilly ran away from home to seek fortune, and often pushes others to do the same (she hasn't seen anything too horrific befall them yet).

As Suen turn Hideous! and everything goes pear-shaped:

"Wow there Suen! that's what I wanna see! How is that spell called? Bassam's visage? If you can do that for all of us none of the creatures inside will even notice us!"
OOC: Remember to name your spells Suen. Gives you +1D (Codex p. 287) and slowly Weaves them into your being (Codex p. 289)

She notices the tension in the camp, pauses, shrugs - "Even Farouk's can't tell the difference."
An evil grin forms on her lips - "Then again, they've been here for decades and still react like this to a little show... no wonder demons still roam the city."
"We'll take Urkazzar, bravest amongst his tribe. He will guide us through the city! The rest of you can wallow in your dying desert until your eyes become some vultures dessert."
OOC: DoW seems appropriate, but Lilly is definitely antagonist towards it, doesn't trust they'll be useful enough and doesn't want to split the reward. AND I do have a Belief about going in and out fast, which would probably be easier with a small group.
Last edited by hidetzugu on Thu May 02, 2024 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eric.D
Scout
Scout

#94 Post by Eric.D »

Enoch wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:25 am This definitely seems like DoW territory to me. As far as Stakes are concerned, is "The bandits will accept and accompany us" too grand?
Absolutely not too grand! I once had a DoW where the Grand Vizier of an entire country was forced to abdicate his position when he lost.

Akhom's Statement of Purpose would be:

"I do not trust demons, nor anybody—or anything—associated with them. I will drive this man out and we will forget about these people as soon as they have left."

Do we have terms?

Remember, Lilly will be actively working against you. Sabit of course wants followers, so she will work with you.

Eric.D
Scout
Scout

#95 Post by Eric.D »

Marullus wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:38 am
Eric.D wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:38 pm Excellent! Glad it was worth the effort! One thing to note: I have offered a Test, but if you feel any others might be appropriate, you can ask for a different one.
Thanks for prompting! I missed the spoiler with the trst prompt. Checking dice before I roll it... not sure what we are discovering:.
Great Wizard -Wise B2
FoRK for...
Philosophy for Divining the original meaning, or the nature of good, evil, death, or whatever is in that pit

(He opened all these for a reason! Actually, is it a lower Ob as a Philosophy test? That skill seems so flavorful.)
So many skills! Alright, definitely you can get help from Ku-Aya on the Great Wizards-wise test. After you test, remember to mark the test on your sheet, pass or fail it still counts. If you fail, you glean no information.

I will grant a Symbology Test, but I will give you +1 Ob because it was so dark and faint, so you do not have a great idea of what they looked like. If you fail, coming during the day will change the stakes and allow you to retest. Symbology is hard, so I apologize that your Ob is 8, per the guidelines in the book. If you have an appropriate FoRK, such as Foreign Languages, don't be afraid to vie for it! On a success, you correctly interpret the writings and images on the walls. On a failure, you will misinterpret the information you have seen, much to your future detriment.

Philosophy is super cool, so it's with a sad heart that I must say I don't think it applies to the Intent. I think Ritual might apply in this case, or Ancient History. You could try opening a Wise. Perhaps Sorcery-wise. I'll let you decide how you'd like to go about it.

Bone-wise is a dope skill! Yes, I think that works in this case. Ob 3. On a success, you will be able to determine the shape of the creature under its hideous flesh. On a failure, you will come away shaken and suffer +1 Ob to Steel tests against these creatures.

Now, normally you shouldn't back out of a Test once I have given the Ob. (No Weasels, Codex, p. 112) However, I am much more lenient with a new group as we get to know each other. So if the Ob is too high and the stakes too scary, you can choose not to roll these. I'd encourage you to go with it, though. The stakes all seem interesting and dramatic. ;)

hidetzugu
Scout
Scout

#96 Post by hidetzugu »

Eric.D wrote:
hidetzugu wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:17 pm
1) If he really wants to go with us I'm mostly validating his intent so I don't think there is a social roll here.
2) I do want to evaluate his usefulness, doesn't he look like he can fight? or will be a liability?
3) I'm tempted to gas in up regardless due to the Adventurer trait. I think Lilly ran away from home to seek fortune, and often pushes others to do the same (she hasn't seen anything too horrific befall them yet).

I will address your contribution to the DoW (which I love) once we settle on terms, but in the meantime, I can answer these questions:

1. He'll happily go with you. He has taken a liking to you two.
2. He does not seem useful. He seems friendly and probably has some skills and knowledge you lack, being from this part of the desert, but he's clearly not all there and he's quite strange.
3. I think playing into this would be super fun. Burning Wheel definitively thrives on making dramatic, rather than calculatingly rational, choices. But it is completely in your hands how you handle this particular situation. :)
Last edited by hidetzugu on Thu May 02, 2024 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#97 Post by Enoch »

We have stakes. I'll use Persuasion for my BoA:
Body of Argument (Persuasion): [1d6]=3, [1d6]=6, [1d6]=2
1 Success, plus my B3 Will makes for a BoA of 4. This will likely be a short DoW.

VVhite-Crow
Scout
Scout

#98 Post by VVhite-Crow »

Enoch wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:10 pm "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle anyone. It's just a trick.
I could make any of your faces look the same. It's just a little harder."
Hearing this, something fierce in Farouk takes over and he turns to Suen. Even forgetting his #instincts and respect of the supernatural he looks Suen in the eyes and grabs him by the collar with the intent to shove him back to a sitting position on the sand. "I don't care if your intentions are beneficial to the rest of us or not. As long as you and your cult, -his head jerks to Sabit, "want to leave this desert in any point in time, I swear by the alalha above and below, you better don't work your shaytan magic on anyone else but yourself."
that sentence was a fit occasion (I hope I use this phrase right ^^) for Farouks 3rd belief. He is not threatening Suen directly but reminds him that even if they survive Telkomel, traversing the desert afterwards is a dangerous endeavour without a guide. I'm curious to see what Suen and his gaze will do to him. No matter what, he will add one thing or a nother to the DoW. :D

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by Marullus »

Eric.D wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:37 pm
Great Wizard -Wise B2
FoRK for...

So many skills! Alright, definitely you can get help from Ku-Aya on the Great Wizards-wise test. After you test, remember to mark the test on your sheet, pass or fail it still counts. If you fail, you glean no information.

I will grant a Symbology Test, but I will give you +1 Ob because it was so dark and faint, so you do not have a great idea of what they looked like. If you fail, coming during the day will change the stakes and allow you to retest. Symbology is hard, so I apologize that your Ob is 8, per the guidelines in the book. If you have an appropriate FoRK, such as Foreign Languages, don't be afraid to vie for it! On a success, you correctly interpret the writings and images on the walls. On a failure, you will misinterpret the information you have seen, much to your future detriment.

Philosophy is super cool, so it's with a sad heart that I must say I don't think it applies to the Intent. I think Ritual might apply in this case, or Ancient History. You could try opening a Wise. Perhaps Sorcery-wise. I'll let you decide how you'd like to go about it.

Bone-wise is a dope skill! Yes, I think that works in this case. Ob 3. On a success, you will be able to determine the shape of the creature under its hideous flesh. On a failure, you will come away shaken and suffer +1 Ob to Steel tests against these creatures.

Now, normally you shouldn't back out of a Test once I have given the Ob. (No Weasels, Codex, p. 112) However, I am much more lenient with a new group as we get to know each other. So if the Ob is too high and the stakes too scary, you can choose not to roll these. I'd encourage you to go with it, though. The stakes all seem interesting and dramatic. ;)
Oh, wow... sorry for the confusion. I was asking if they could FoRK into the Great Wizards-wise test that you called for. I wasn't intending to roll all of them. :oops:

I totally intend to roll Circination/Symbology eventually, but you've been very clear that I couldn't see it fully via bird and it is better for the story for me to have to go there in person. I intend to roll it (no matter the Ob) once we reach that scene.

That's a cool offer for Bone-wise. I'm willing to roll that after the Wizard-wise, if that's okay.

Eric.D
Scout
Scout

#100 Post by Eric.D »

Marullus wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:14 pm
Eric.D wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:37 pm

Great Wizard -Wise B2
FoRK for...

Oh, wow... sorry for the confusion. I was asking if they could FoRK into the Great Wizards-wise test that you called for. I wasn't intending to roll all of them. :oops:

I totally intend to roll Circination/Symbology eventually, but you've been very clear that I couldn't see it fully via bird and it is better for the story for me to have to go there in person. I intend to roll it (no matter the Ob) once we reach that scene.

That's a cool offer for Bone-wise. I'm willing to roll that after the Wizard-wise, if that's okay.
Thanks for the clarification! I do not think any of these apply as FoRKs specifically for the information I am giving out—there is a secret here that I think Nutesh might know something about, given his particular history. The Help from Ku-Aya will be useful in that test, and does apply.

The other rolls are still on the table if you want to take them, and you're welcome to roll both for the secret and the Bone-wise in the same post. :D

Return to “A Small Time Job (Burning Wheel Gold Revised)”