Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 2: The Highway and Silver Spring

#582 Post by gurusql »

Scout and stay.
Very Late on Moonday, 17th day of Planting, 597
12th day since leaving Loftwick

Siouxsie (AC 2, HP 40/48) - (Panther!)
Androgost (AC -6, HP 30/65, Armor 14/26) (Glowing Sword)
Qleceec (AC 1, HP 42/63) (Infravision about 2 hours remaining)
Nah Olos (AC 4, HP 35/53) (Slow Poison more than 5 hours)
Boff (AC 5, HP 49/61)
Hex (AC 0, HP 17/27, Armor 2/8)
Garrant (AC 3, HP 49/50, Armor 2/8)
Frannie (AC 4, HP 18/26) (Torch)
Raffi (AC 6, HP 13/21)

The earth shakes violently and even loudly. Siousxie, Qleceec, Androgost, Hex, Boff and Nah Olos all manage to keep their feet and not be hit by any falling rocks. Frannie stumbles but is not hit by any falling debris and spend this action recovering. Raffi is hit by a falling rock hard, so hard in fact his armor is dispelled. Garrant loses his footing, falls down and gets a glancing blow to his armor from rocks falling on him. The group recovers, but does not do much other than help each other and fume. There is a fair amount of dust in the tunnel connecting you to the speaking "giant"

Siousxie walks up to the 12' tall flaming man with her tail up. She stands on her rear paws, "Can you tell me about the fire dances to summon the Volcano deity? How do you dance?" and tries to dance, but falls back to all fours.

The flaming giant replies back in Hill Giant, "You have spunk girl, in whatever form you select. I will make a deal with you. I will trade you what used to be your Vambraces, for the black gem that is at the very lowest point of the water hole thing in the next room. After the trade we can talk dancing if you like big kitty."

Actions?

Rolls

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#583 Post by Rex »

Qleceec

"Is everyone all right?"

She moves to cover Siouxsie with her bow.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#584 Post by Spearmint »

Siouxsie
for the black gem that is at the very lowest point of the water hole thing in the next room. After the trade we can talk dancing if you like big kitty."
Water hole thing? Is that a well or something else. Very lowest point, how deep is that.

She wonders the value of the gem and what it actually does. Surely worth more to them than her increased armour protection.

"Show me." she meouws, figuring any more information she can get will be useful.

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#585 Post by cybersavant »

Nah Olos stands, sword in hand, and watches the proceedings, obviously confused by the transaction.
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#586 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Boff doesn't have a clue what strangeness he is witnessing.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#587 Post by Storm11 »

Hex and Raffi are also at a loss as to what is happening. Unsure of what watering hole etc the flaming giant man is on about they will follow along as quietly as possible.
Greys Campaign.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#588 Post by ravenn4544 »

Androgost scans the group for any major injuries or liabilities. "Could it be that pool of water we passed that it's referring to? Is this something we should spend precious time on - we have enemies all around us!"

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#589 Post by gurusql »

Show and tell, OK just show

Boff (AC 5, HP 49/61)
Raffi (AC 6, HP 13/21)

Everyone get a better look at the 12' flame fire-creature/fire giant

12' tall Fire creature
12FootFireMan.png
12FootFireMan.png (96.75 KiB) Viewed 97 times
The creature leads Siouxsie along the green arrow on the map. The rest of the group appears to be following along. The 12' creature says in common, "You all look confused but your kitty wanted to talk in that grunting language. Luckily, I know that one.", followed by a big smile. He drops a fire that lights up part of the room like a torch. With the various light sources you can see in all the yellow areas. The tall creature continues, "This area used to be an ocean, wait is that a river, ok large water thing - I get all those water words mixed up. Pointing down, the Dark Elves just stole all the water, did you all hear the running water before?" You all can see that the ground he is standing is lower than were the party is and the ground at his feet is very wet. In points to the west as shown by the red arrow. "At the bottom of the water which shaped like a bowl with a straw coming out of the bottom. At the deepest point of the straw is a large black gem. Get it for me I will return the vambraces I recovered from the elves. I have no desire to swim today."

The water source (whatever it is) is not yet visible with the groups lights.

You know his friend is in the room, but the room is huge, even for another giant, where he is you all do not know at this time.

Actions?

Map
OC_34.png
OC_34.png (253.98 KiB) Viewed 97 times

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#590 Post by cybersavant »

Nah Olos "Mission or not, is sounds better than tangling with those dark elves again. Besides, maybe there's something else down there that will help us? Siouxsie, what happened when you were separated from us?"
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#591 Post by ravenn4544 »

Androgost considers the tactical advantages of hiring such an ally as this fire creature. As the way is made to gem, "Can you tell us about the earthquakes? Do you know how many Drow there are? How about a wizard - we seem to keep butting heads with one?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#592 Post by Rex »

Qleceec

"Do we have access to water breathing?"

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#593 Post by Spearmint »

Panthera Siouxsie

Considers. I had at first thought assumed the fire giant to be just that, a Fire Giant but the visual gives a more Efreeti impression which seems to reinforce the 'Elemental' nature of these giants.

"The vambraces are mine by right, stolen after I was assaulted. You cannot give me what I own as a reward." she blags or growls, conceding too that in this scenario, 'possession is 9/10th's of the Law'.

"However I can bargain something else of worth to you in return for the precious gem that you seek."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#594 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Boff "Why'd tha dark elves steal tha water?" he asks wondering why everyone is focused on other things.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#595 Post by Rex »

Qleceec

"Something to do with this black gem I am sure."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#596 Post by Storm11 »

Hex and Raffi watch the rear of the group whilst negotiations are on going.
Greys Campaign.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#597 Post by gurusql »

Negotiation

Boff (AC 5, HP 49/61)
Raffi (AC 6, HP 13/21)

Qleceec asks "Do we have access to water breathing?" to which neither character with this ability answers. (Hint hint)

Boff asks "Why'd tha dark elves steal tha water?" and Qleceec replies "Something to do with this black gem I am sure." The fire creature replies "That would be a safe guess."

Nah Olos "Mission or not, is sounds better than tangling with those dark elves again. Besides, maybe there's something else down there that will help us? Siouxsie, what happened when you were separated from us?" Siouxsie does not answer him yet.

Androgost considers the tactical advantages of hiring such an ally as this fire creature. As the way is made to gem, "Can you tell us about the earthquakes? Do you know how many Drow there are? How about a wizard - we seem to keep butting heads with one?" The fire creature replies, "I see you have many questions, good . . . What are you willing to pay for the answers?"

Siouxsie growls "The vambraces are mine by right, stolen after I was assaulted. You cannot give me what I own as a reward. However I can bargain something else of worth to you in return for the precious gem that you seek." The fire creatures good will disappears in an instant. "I traded for those vambraces and if I would not have they would have been out of your reach by now. I will not be taking a loss out of the goodness of heart.", he spits, "Did you make these vambraces or kill some else for them, I bet the later. If they came back to life would be so willing to give them back?"

"Do we have a deal or should we just leave?" says the fire creature

Frannie, Garrant, Hex and Raffi have nothing to add. Raffi it still dragging Siouxsie's remaining possessions.

Rolls

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#598 Post by Spearmint »

Qleceec asks "Do we have access to water breathing?" to which neither character with this ability answers. (Hint hint)
Siouxsie cannot cast while in Panther form.
Siouxsie, what happened when you were separated from us?"
I was poisoned by the crossbow bolts. I saved vs one but the second instantly caused me to go unconscious and then I was subsequently dragged away. The drow who took me captive nabbed my stuff, restraining me. When I awoke, I turned Panther and chewed them up. That's all I know. I thought the 'fire giants', blue wizard and drow were all working together. Apparently not.
"Do we have a deal or should we just leave?" says the fire creature
"Are you making a deal just with me or them?" she points a tail to her comrades.

"You want a black gem in the water. You are not able or too afraid to fetch it yourself. Okay. I can fetch it, but its worth is more than vambraces or whatever item you traded the Drow.

So, as it costs me personally to fetch the gem, you can trade something more personally too. What else can you offer?"
Last edited by Spearmint on Sun May 05, 2024 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#599 Post by gurusql »

Fire-Creature

"While started with you the center has shifted. I will offer you the vambraces and answers to two of the knights previously asked questions of my choice. This will be my final offer today."

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#600 Post by Spearmint »

Siouxsie

Confers with her comrades. Her own opinion is to tell the Efreeti to do one and clear off if he wants.

But she waits for others to express views before answering.

Return to “Earthquakes in the Jotens (1e)”