Helix: The Brazen Strumpet

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Helix: The Brazen Strumpet

#1241 Post by Rex »

Orgoth

"We might want to consider seeing if we can hire another healer type of some sort."

qtkat
Scout
Scout

#1242 Post by qtkat »

Veronica...

looks rather concerned about the musings of her two new friends. 'Maybe this will be as dangerous and difficult as they say,' she thinks to herself while swallowing hard.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1243 Post by gurusql »

Cadeweed

"I think that is an excellent idea!"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1244 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The night after they arrive back in town, Sven treats Penelope to a nice meal where he intends to show her why she was saved from the terrifying bowels of the Abyss.

He produces the little trinkets Steban found in the pit on their very first foray into the massive dungeon. "Something tells me you have seen these items before, no?"

Finally he shows her a gold wedding ring which carries an inscription, 'love from Penelope'.

"I guess this also belongs to you, since it has your name on it. This is why I think the demon thought you were my wife, hence the reason you were pulled back from the grips of death. You were supposed to be my......reward......I guess."

"I know this is probably a lot for you to handle, but I have been holding on to these things for a long time now, and despite the weirdness of the situation, I am glad to get them back to their rightful owner. I think Steban would have been grateful for this as well."

He sits back and waits for either tears, slaps, hugs, or xp. :lol:

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1245 Post by Spearmint »

He sits back and waits for either tears, slaps, hugs, or xp.
I think I promised Steban xp should he ever repatriate the gilded purse mirror / locket that he took from her body in the pit.
"I know this is probably a lot for you to handle, but I have been holding on to these things for a long time now, and despite the weirdness of the situation, I am glad to get them back to their rightful owner.
Probably cues tears and emotional trauma. Having some recently in RL, I won't narrate to much save to say Penelope is grateful and grieved at the same time. To have died then come back resurrected from a hellish purgatory, knowing her husband was slain (as a ghoul too in the Windy Corridor area) and that decades have passed between now and then so all who onew her once are also long passed.

It takes a while, but on the positive, she has a new lease of life and a second chance to make good where before she may have been led by more worldy desires.

On a practical level, she is not keen on delving straight back into the Barrowmaze. Understandable, but she remains in your (Sven, Orgoth & Yardie's) debt and promises to repay that in some way.

For now she will retreat to NPC status, go explore the Duchy and consider her future. On a practical level, she can assist Deucalion at least in the short term with exporting Guild trove to Ironguard.

+100xp for the locket and ring value being given back.

July 15th

While breakfasting ahead of departure, the group are met by Brother Gamdar who unusually cuts short the morning vespers. By his side is a broad shouldered youth, not quite a veteran adventurer or Templar but arrayed in novice red-crossed garb, the cleric is introduced.

"My nephew. A recent graduate of the Provost Courts, a righteous young man with a strong verve and passion for St Ygg to match his bulwarked frame.

By the Fates, an answer to prayer. If you will, he has courage to tread where angels may falter and carries the blessings of Ygg and his families honour."

The militant priest presents a younger version of himself, a half-orc cleric, garbed in Crusader style and keen to be accepted into the Guild group on behalf of the Chapel.

ooc: this is Edeldhur's new character.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1246 Post by Rex »

Orgoth

"Welcome, I am Orgoth, warrior cleric of Cromm. What may I call you?"

Orgoth is a large powerfully built half-orc, although he takes after his human parent. His silver spear shines in the sun.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1247 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sven can appreciate the gravity of Penny's plight, so he tries to assure her she isn't alone in the world, as the Guild will always be available to her.

"You take all the time you need. I know it was a weird situation, so don't feel like you are under any obligation to reciprocate. We all understand, trust me."

When Brother Gamder enters offering up his own kin to help the group, Sven is honored.

"I knew you agreed that the work we are doing out there is important, but I never expected this."

He thanks the good Brother before addressing the newcomer.

"Hello friend. You are welcome among us. I am called Sven, this is Yardie, Berric, Crip, and all the others."

"I trust your uncle has warned you about the dangers of the maze? Trust me, we will find no angels in there."

Welcome Edeldhur!

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1248 Post by Spearmint »

I have advanced the expedition in this thread here to include Grymaldi.

viewtopic.php?p=693179#p693179

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1249 Post by Spearmint »

The Brazen Strumpet Tavern

July 16th 1066.

With a long, measured exhale, the Templar headed inside.
Sister Bellatrix, novitiate acolyte of a Templar chapter of 'warrior nuns', enters the tavern, shaking the midday's dust from her sigiled cloak.

A little behind her comes a rougher looking wildling, bow in one hand, scrappy note in the other. Elbart & Bellatrix can approach the bar and mingle together.

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#1250 Post by subaltari »

Elbart

The man is a bit taller and lighter armoured than the warrior nun, yet slightly winded from trying to catch up with her. "The Vicar of St. Ygg gave me this scrip to cover both your inn stay and mine. It seems he's engaged each of us on some errand. My name is Elbart, by the way." Looking about the place he adds, "I was put off by the tavern's name too, but if it's okay with a Vicar then who am I to question it..."

Finding the Landlord he hands over the scrawled note. "What will this get us? But separate rooms, of course."

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1251 Post by Spearmint »

Bollo the landlord takes the scrawled note, eyeing up the two patrons. "What does it get you? Let us see what the Vicar's discretion is?" He takes the gold piece coin and pours two ale glasses, one for each of Elbart & Bellatrix.

"Take a table, Ygritte will bring along your luncheon shortly. Local cheeses, ham slices from off the hock, seasonal salads and crusty bread from the hearth. She can take your baggage to the Ensuite my lady. As to young Sir. You get the Common bunks, outside latrine and cold water showers."

Accommodation for this night sorted and a meal, everything else such as extra ales or finer banqueting fayre is paid for, see 1st page post of thread for prices.

You can take a table and greet each other more informally.

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#1252 Post by subaltari »

Elbart

The dun-clad 'wildling' nods at the polite words of the burly Bollo. "That should serve Landlord, I am no stranger to modest accommodations" ‒ most recently the austere militia barracks at Ironguard Motte, and before that the woods, wolds, banks, braes, and open air of the western country.

Elbart drops his pack next to the table and takes a seat on the bench, perhaps shared with a third party? The half-elven Bellatrix being an interesting, though not very talkative companion since he'd first seen her around the Motte in recent days. After getting busy with his Ploughman's Luncheon, he takes a long pull at his tankard and raises it in the blonde Templar's direction. "To a new start in Helix." If the ale proves tasty, he might even order a second pint on his own silver. All told this looks like a pleasant local, not as seedy as the place down the road, and with any luck the Common Room is dry and relatively quiet at night.

If no conversation begins around the lanky man, he eventually pushes his plate aside and digs out a battered, but serviceable briarwood pipe which he then packs with a cheap but aromatic leaf and lights up. Next to appear are a scrap of parchment and a nub of charcoal, with which he begins to scrawl characters that may seem strange to a nosy onlooker. Elbart is practicing his Lizardman writing, and is a bit rusty at the moment.
Elbarts pipe.JPG
Elbarts pipe.JPG (8.25 KiB) Viewed 48 times

-5 sp at the Chapel's expense so far (-4 or so more if dinner is to be included),
and -1 sp from Elbart's sheet.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1253 Post by Spearmint »

If no conversation begins around the lanky man, he eventually pushes his plate aside and digs out a battered, but serviceable briarwood pipe which he then packs with a cheap but aromatic leaf and lights up. Next to appear are a scrap of parchment and a nub of charcoal, with which he begins to scrawl characters that may seem strange to a nosy onlooker. Elbart is practicing his Lizardman writing, and is a bit rusty at the moment.
Bellatrix sits quietly, tired from the long journey and eventually retires to her more luxury suite. I have pinged a message to grokkng, hoping they can respond shortly.

Meanwhile, Elbart dusts up on his Lizardman alphabet, unfurling a skin parchment (thankfully not human skin though such fabrics have been known) and begins to trace over scrawled runes and sigils, noting the jots and iotas that indicate various tenses of grammar.

https://learnnavi.org/navi-vocabulary/#content

He practises speaking a few words, trying to get the reptilian lilt and accent correct, anticipating in hope that the local clergy might engage his proficiency for a profitable endeavour.

Brazen Strumpet: dwarven reaction to hearing Sauron [1d100]=93

His whispered pronunciations do not go unheard and a few dwarves raise eyebrows to his language practise, perhaps recognising the tongue whilst not fully understanding themselves. Knowing that the dwarves and Lizardmen have a longstanding antipathy, the ranger might think he has stirred up an unwanted confrontation, especially as one brutally scarred dwarf, a broad ox-shouldered grappler rises to greet him.

Thankfully the attention he has provoked is favourable and the dwarf sits to express an interest in his practice.

I will use this as the entry for Berrgon once the character is complete and ready for joining the campaign.

Return to “Settlement: Helix”