Barrowmaze: Territorial Gains.

Spearmint
redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Barrowmaze: Territorial Gains.

#881 Post by redwarrior »

Isvand looks down at the thing and says Bloody tapestry! Literally! I don't like that! Tapestries are for keeping drafts out, not me in! Picking up his dropped sword, he looks around and says What next? I don't know that I can take much more until some rest and healing!

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#882 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Amos checks the halfling over for injuries he might not be able to see.

"If these rooms are clear now, let's search them over well before deciding where to go next."

Keeping an eye out for more trouble, Amos begins searching the three rooms.

d6 roll?

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#883 Post by Spearmint »

[1d8] for casual searches, vs Thieves skills for F&RT's

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#884 Post by redwarrior »

Isvand joins in the searching once his shakes die down . Search [1d8]=3

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#885 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Spearmint wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:58 pm [1d8] for casual searches, vs Thieves skills for F&RT's
Amos

Random Searching [1d8]=1
Last edited by OGRE MAGE on Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#886 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Sorry to all for my extended absence. However I did see that SM rolled quite well for SD, so maybe my return isn't so beneficial. :lol:

Sir Dewey

The Knight searches with the others. "That image that was on the tapestry, a bone pit? Do you think that is the same thing that Sven mentioned? The taint must be spreading for simple tapestries to show foul images and turn animate."

[1d8]=7

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#887 Post by Spearmint »

Pit trap tapestry. A 'cloak of danger' creature.
Attachments
Screenshot_2024-03-29-17-47-37-208~2.jpg
Screenshot_2024-03-29-17-47-37-208~2.jpg (164.37 KiB) Viewed 69 times

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#888 Post by Spearmint »

The secluded crypts are searched. The one nearest the breached wall is a twenty foot square chamber, damp and fetid. Old scrawlings mark the walls, undecipherable now, ruined by the erosion of age and decay. Stone coffers lie in broken pieces, vandalised or just collapsed from rot. The first crypt offers no promise, only despair.

The middle crypt is of similar size. It too has faded frescoes, depicting burial scenes. Three large vertical alcoves are set into the west wall, enough for an upright figure to stand. Slumped however upon the floor are three inert and rotting skeletons. They lie motionless and do not trigger any Light warning from the Paladin's shield. A search of them finds some grave goods of value; brass and steel plated gorgets which detail each wearer to be some accredited 'Sgt at arms'. Faithful, Steadfast, Loyal' inscriptions upon each.

Each skeleton has a weapon, still in good condition; a pike, a warhammer, a glaive. These appear as quality common rather than enchanted weapons and can be taken to boost group stocks.

The last crypt, from which the raging Crypt Thing exited has three coffers inside. The central one is vacant, presumably the Undead creature rested there. Either side are smaller coffers, both sealed and engraved with an image of a young boy or girl.
A broken pottery jar in the empty coffer contains a mini horde of colourful marble sized gems. Cosmo has an appraisal skill and can assess them as base ornamental stones; a mixed bag of smooth or chipped baubles that might retail for a few gold each.

Crypt Things: baubles [5d10]=17

The thick fabric tapestry, now rent into separate pieces hung upon the end of the passage wall. You can search walls for concealed niches and secrets but despite extensive investigations, you don't discover much more in this dismal area. Rogue skilled can check for traps around the coffers.

Actions in these crypts please

Attachments
Sgt-at-arms gorgets
Sgt-at-arms gorgets
Screenshot_2024-04-29-12-56-15-831~2.jpg (218.17 KiB) Viewed 68 times

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#889 Post by redwarrior »

Isvand checks the leftmost coffer. This one appears untrapped! How about the other one? Shall we see what is in it?

FaRT Target 30 [1d100]=96

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#890 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Amos checks the other coffer, but doesnt try to open it. FaRT (20%) [1d100]=31

Instead, he takes the two pieces of tapestry and lays them across the floor, pushing them together perfectly to see if they will magically transform into a real pit.

"If this doesn't work, perhaps magic could be cast upon this to Mend it?"

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#891 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Sir Dewey

"Interesting idea. We could keep it and take it back if needed." The Knight looks over the inscriptions. "This seems to confirm my thoughts. There are remains of the forces of good interred down here alongside those of malevolent intent. I pray that Gerdal has found the former."

"Let's gather the usable gear. And open those coffers." He examines the engravings of all three, trying to place the imagery.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#892 Post by ateno »

Cosmo assists as he can:

F/Rt vs. 45 [1d100]=68

Cosmo will go to one of the coffers and start searching the exterior.

Cosmo

Return to “Barrowmaze (1e)”