IC I

thirdkingdom
sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: IC I

#801 Post by sulldawga »

I guess Atticus woke up and chose violence today!

Themon snaps his head around in alarm when he hears Atticus' bowstring twang. Forced into action, he fires his crossbow at the closest one.

I am reading Themon as no more than 60' away from them, so short range and +1 to hit. Not adding any surprise bonuses.

Attack roll of 19, 3 damage

Dicey
Tracker
Tracker

#802 Post by Dicey »

Dirk reluctantly joined in the attack. Having no missile weapon other than the fist-sized rocks he had picked up earlier, the dervish hurled one.

If there appears to be a wizard or cleric, he aims for the former first. If indeterminate, than at whoever has the least amount of armor.

Rock throw: 1d20 12 If a hit, what is damage for a rock?

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#803 Post by thirdkingdom »

Surprise Round

There's a twang of bowstrings and one of the figure cries out, clutching their shoulder with an arrow sprouting from it. Another figure stumbles forward as a rock impacts their leg. There are cries of surprise intermixed with loud cursing.

Several things happen at once. Those clustered around the alcove wheel around, lights swaying and casting grotesque shadows on the wall. At exactly the same time, there's a loud, sharp "click" that echoes across the chamber, and a block of stone descends with sickening speed from the ceiling in the alcove. The grinding of gears and scraping of stone on stone is intermixed with a mercifully short cry of pain as the figure that had been crouched at the door is crushed by the descending stone.

Can I get someone to roll for initiative, please?

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#804 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Brooku

Unfortunately his day job is interfering with his hobby time...Given his lack of depth perception and could he use the surprise round to charge at the other group and use his size and demeanor to attempt to scare them into submission before too much blood get shed or is it too late for that?

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#805 Post by thirdkingdom »

BaltoBruiser wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:36 pm Brooku

Unfortunately his day job is interfering with his hobby time...Given his lack of depth perception and could he use the surprise round to charge at the other group and use his size and demeanor to attempt to scare them into submission before too much blood get shed or is it too late for that?
Not with the missile fire, unfortunately, based on how movement, missile fire, and melee interact in OSE.

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#806 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Brooku

Honor system sand box roll = 4

https://www.unseenservant.com/index.php ... &what=sand

Regardless of whether he wins initiative or not, He charges at the other group roaring: Lay down your arms before I remove your heads from your necks!

If there is any act of aggression toward his party or no sign of compliance, he will follow through and attack the first member of the other party he reaches.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#807 Post by thirdkingdom »

Round One

The figures whip around and, as one, draw blades and charge forward. They are all human, dirty and disheveled, wearing leather armor. All have blue and green kerchiefs tied around their necks, which tickles the memories of all of the adventurers except for Dirk, but by then their foes are upon them, and all thoughts except surviving the battle leave their minds. Four of the humans thrust and parry awkwardly, and the companions easily avoid the blows, but the fifth, a plump young woman with a twinkle in her eye, brings her sword up and out and skewers Themon through the heart.

Roaring in anger, Brooku swings with all his strength, but the blow passes harmlessly over the heads of their enemies.
Actions from everyone else, please. Themon is dead, and there is room for more adventurers to move forward.
First thing I'm going to do is roll morale: they've been taken by surprise, one of their number has just activated, and been crushed by, a trap they were trying to bypass: : 2d6 7
And that's a pass.
Initiative: : 1d6 6

They get a six.

There are currently five of the figures visible, and three adventurers have moved forward: Atticus, Brooku, and Themon. They're going to draw weapons and move into melee:

: 4#1d20 11 5 6 4 4#1d6 1 1 6 4 4#1d3 2...

First four rolls are shit, fifth is a 16 and that is enough to hit, and slay, Themon.
Brooku attacks: : 1d20+1 2 1d8+1 9

Dicey
Tracker
Tracker

#808 Post by Dicey »

Dirk the dervish draws his saber and whirlwinds into the fray. His steel sings a song of death, accompanied by a dervish war yodel.

Round Two sword: 1d20+1 19
Round Two Sword Damage: 1d8+2 5
Should be +1 on dam., so 4
Round Two Sword #2 whilrlwind: 1d20+1 9
Round Two Sword #2 Whirlwind damage: 1d8+2 5
Should be +1 on dam., so 4

I’m not sure on Cleave ability. If an enemy is killed, Dirk gets another attack?

Whirlwind. Once per day the dervish may make a second melee attack during a round. If their opponent is slain with the second attack they may Cleave through their opponents, but they may only Cleave once per round, even if both primary attacks kill. They can do this twice per day at level 7 and thrice per day at level 13. This can only be selected once.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#809 Post by kalstone »

Can Tiarsus use his precognition to change the attack roll on Themon to a 7?

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#810 Post by thirdkingdom »

kalstone wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:42 pm Can Tiarsus use his precognition to change the attack roll on Themon to a 7?
Yes, he certainly can!

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#811 Post by thirdkingdom »

Themon shakes his head, clearing from his mind a vision of his own death. Perhaps one of the figures before him is capable of influencing the minds of others. Regardless, he finds himself unharmed.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#812 Post by sulldawga »

Themon has a moment where he doesn't quite know what happened but then he's back in the midst of battle with no time to think it over.

He shoots his crossbow again at the same target he injured previously. The bolt flies wide.

Crossbow vs lock pickers rd. 2: 1d20+2 5 1d6 5

If he can also use an Invocation this round, he activates Stoneskin.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#813 Post by shaidar »

Atticus switches to his long sword and strikes at the nearest foe:

Long Sword: [1d20]=2;[1d8]=3

:roll:

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#814 Post by VonAlric »

Beykoyun

Beykoyun pulls out his sword and move forward to swing at the closest common enemy.

Sword: Hit [1d20]=16; Damage [1d8]=7
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#815 Post by thirdkingdom »

Round One, cont.

Dirk and Beykoyun both succeed in dropping a foe, leaving only three of their enemies standing against the combined might of the party.

Intentions for Round Two? Someone feel free to roll for initiative for the PCs.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#816 Post by kalstone »

Tiarsus

Tiarsus fires his crossbow at any enemy with a clear shot.

Crossbow To hit: [1d20+1]=14+1=15, Damage: [1d6]=5

Mogor will also fire his crossbow.

Mogor crossbow To hit: [1d20+1]=14+1=15, Damage: [1d6]=3

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#817 Post by VonAlric »

Beykoyun

Initiative: [1d6]=4

Beykoyun will hack at another enemy.

Sword: Hit [1d20]=3; Damage [1d8]=6
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#818 Post by sulldawga »

Themon looks over at Megshag and hisses, Your charms! Use them!

He then launches another bolt, which lands true!

Megshag conjures a Charm Person spell at whichever enemy is furthest back.

Crossbow vs lock pickers rd. 3: 1d20+2 17 1d6 5

Dicey
Tracker
Tracker

#819 Post by Dicey »

Can someone explain the Cleave ability of a fighter? I couldn’t find it in OSE or the House Rules thread.

I realize my previous post with rolls labeled Round Two should have been Round One, given it followed the Surprise Round.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#820 Post by shaidar »

Atticus presses the attack:

Long Sword: [1d20]=17;[1d8]=8

Return to “The Redoubt of the Crocodile Kings (BX/OSE)”