Quest #46 "Slaying Dragon Slayers"

OGRE MAGE
kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Quest #46 "Slaying Dragon Slayers"

#101 Post by kruk »

Cresty

The fighter for once in his life has nothing to say at the moment. He scans the area for threats. He nods his head at the direction of Wes to let him know that he will follow as back up if things go astray.

Lerrick

An expression of concern shows on the clerric's face as she listens to the conversation suggesting that we may be walking into a trap. Yes ...things look a little too easy here. we must be careful.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#102 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Jernau35 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:14 am Wes

Wes raises his eyebrows. "I hadn't considered that the king may be playing us falsely".

"As for the bridge, I see two problems: firstly, it might be trapped or just in poor condition. Tlatchga and I both have gifts of magic that can Detect Snares and such. That ought to help at least".

"Second, is the problem of scouting ahead.
For that, we need the favor of Obad Hai".

"Look around you",
says Wes, waving his arm. "As bleak as this place looks, there'll be animals out there: hunter and prey. Obad Hai sees to that. I'm going to try and find one. Ask it to do a little scouting for us, across the bridge and back, at least give us an idea of what's over there".

Wes falls to his knees in the snow. "I'm going to ask the blessing of The Shalm. Those of you that wish may bow your heads for a moment."

"Obad Hai! Greatest of all Hunters. Even amid this frozen desolation , the Great Game goes on. Perhaps in its highest form. Only the most skillful prey could hide in this white land! And only the most cunning hunters could find them!"

"Bless me, Shalm! Give your faithful servant the cunning to seek and find in this bleak land".

Wes rises to his feet. "I'm going to look for any sign of animals nearby. Perhaps a couple of you should come too, in case something big finds me first".

Wes has the Hunter secondary skill.
Is this a spell of some kind or is he just looking around?

If he is trying to Locate Animals, you may need to read that spell description over again.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by Jernau35 »

Oh no, just looking around. Small animals like an artic hare or fox. Not a musk ox :lol:
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel

"Ehlenestra has given me the gift of trap detecting. I can come with you and also check the bridge. Just say the word."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

Locate animals is a useless spell.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#106 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Brave New World
Whereabouts Unknown
???/Cold

After a short discussion about how the King may not necessarily be fully on the up-and-up regarding this quest, Princess lets the others know about some past issues with the nice family of dragon slayers. Though the name Daisy might just come in handy at some point.

The bridge to the cave mouth does indeed look a bit precarious, but no signs of traps or foul play can be seen from your end so far.

Wes takes some time to search around the area for signs of wildlife, knowing that some creatures are well equipped to handle frozen tundra such as this place. Strangely, he finds nothing of the sort. No tracks, no possible habitats, nothing. It is as if all of the wildlife that could live in these conditions have vanished along with the other former inhabitants.

The freezing cold winds seem to pick up slightly as the group plans their next move, making this area even less hospitable for those on two legs, despite their current protections.

Actions?

Lerrick: (C5) AC:5 28/28 5/5 first 5/5 second 2/2 third (Light Stone)
Tlachtga (D5) AC:7 35/35 6/6 first 5/5 second 3/3 third (Light Stone)
Princess AC:6 HP 5/5
Cresty: (F3) AC:4 26/26
Elnaerel (C5) AC:3 37/37 5/5 first 5/5 second 2/2 third
Waesfaren (D6) AC:7 53/53 6/6 first 5/5 second 3/3 third 1/1 fourth

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

"Strange", says Wes. "I thought there would be some creature around here".

"It makes me think there's something around here scaring them off. I don't think the dragon is coming out here to snack on a hare or a fox. So I'm thinking there's something bigger or more threatening nearby. Possibly on the other side of the bridge. Maybe the dragon keeps it around for security."

Wes pulls his cloak tighter against the wind. "What do you think? There's something wrong with the bridge? Or there's something dangerous likely to attack us on the bridge? I think it's the second choice myself".

"I have magic for either situation".

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"The dragon is my big concern, this place feels un-natural."

She looks the bridge over once more.

"Well, I suppose we should cross."

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel

"I think we should just cross. The dragon is a menace enough for the animals in this territory to avoid this place. I wouldn't be coming if I would know what's living here."

Before crossing the bridge, Elnaerel casts Find Traps in the direction of the bridge.

Elnaerel should be currently at level 5, HP: 37, Spells: 1st 5, 2nd 5, 3rd 2.
I updated my sheet a day too late, sorry.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

"Ok, then. We cross. All at once, or is someone volunteering to go first?"

OM, how wide is the stone bridge?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#111 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Brave New World
Whereabouts Unknown
???/Cold

The ten foot wide stone bridge is ice covered and likely quite slippery. With no sign of life outside the cave, the group readies to cross into the cave mouth beyond.

Elnaerel casts a spell that will allow her to detect any traps placed in the groups way. When she looks out over the bridge and concentrates on her magic, she doesnt spot any dangers.

Cresty remains quiet. Uncomfortably quiet for some. He is usually shouting about something by this point.

Actions?

Elnaerel (C5) AC:3 37/37 5/5 first 4/5 second 2/2 third FT:30

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

Tlachtga will sling her shield on her back and ready her dagger in hand in case she needs to use it as an ice pick. "It will take longer, but crawling will be safer on the ice." She will take up her spot in the order and start crawling across the bridge with dagger in hand.

Is Manalishi usable again? I last used him in the battle with the dragon and I think we have rested 2 nights since then.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel will advance with her shield and morningstar ready.

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#114 Post by kruk »

Lerrick

The cleric finds a spot behind the druid keeping low as well She equips her mace and whispers something under her breath as she always does when adventuring into a potential hazardous situation.

Cresty

The "silent" dragon slayer takes a spot behind Elnaerel with his powerful weapon equipped in his right hand. if he starts to slip he will stick the tip of the blade into the icy ground in order to steady himself. The fighter, although calm on the outside, is a raging torrent in the inside. It''s only a matter of time before his true colors will show.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

"We should get a rope out and have everyone hold on as we cross, I'm concerned about crosswinds."

She looks for a rope in her pack, but comes up empty. "Anyone have a rope?"

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

"Here." Wes uncoils his rope and begins to pass it forward. He stays at the rear to belay the others

Wes doesn't step onto the icy bridge. He braces himself against the end of the bridge wall, getting ready to jam his feet against it if folks start to slide.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#117 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Dragons Lair
Whereabouts Unknown
???/Cold

Using enough normal precautions, the group is able to traverse the icy bridge without incident.

Once across, they stand in front of a massive cave opening that has been carved out to resemble the face of a human skull.

If that weren't bad enough, as you look over the surroundings, you feel a slight breeze coming from the entrance that actually feels colder than the ambient air temperatures you already feel.

There is no sound or light coming from within, and there are no indications that anyone has been here in a very long time.

Elnaerel spots nothing dangerous while looking around with her enhanced magical vision.

Actions?

Elnaerel (C5) AC:3 37/37 5/5 first 4/5 second 2/2 third FT:25

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

Tlachtga will look around and try to determine if a dragon has come this way recently. Thinking flying would move loose debris or act like a wind and cause drifts etc.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Wes peers into the dark cave mouth. With his superior half-elven vision, he looks for any patches of heat that might give away the location of a lurking beast.

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#120 Post by kruk »

Cresty the Self Proclaimed Dragon Slayer

The fighter moves up to the mouth of the cave as well with the power artifact sword clutch in his right hand.

Lerrick

The half-elf moves to one side of the cave entrance and takes a peek as well.

Return to “Big Shiny Island (1E Sandbox, with real sand)”