Gull's Landing

Revenant
tristenc
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Gull's Landing

#441 Post by tristenc »

We may be able to help, Nis tells Mave.

Asking around camp she tries to find someone with mortar and pestle, and someone who will allow them a few drops of honey. (I would hope/presume both not uncommon in such a group)

===
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4chrDoqznOc

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#442 Post by Revenant »

"That motley drama—oh, be sure
It shall not be forgot!
With its Phantom chased for evermore
By a crowd that seize it not,
Through a circle that ever returneth in
To the self-same spot,
And much of Madness, and more of Sin,
And Horror the soul of the plot." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

In the darkness, Thena heard the words, "We may be able to help," though they were distant and still she felt the magician's fingers wiggling like worms within the holes where her eyes were once. The fingers burrowed into her mind and slowly the darkness fell away like water falling away from her face when rising from a baptism. She sat up from her bed of ashes to see the flames again. Impaled on stakes before her are the head of her siblings and beside the burned husk of what was once her mother, the head of her father still upon the stake looked down and said, "He knows you are coming." The magician stepped from the flames, unharmed by their fury and grabbed Thena by her hair, his fingers as long and sharp as the prongs of a pitchfork. He jams those fingers into her throat and whispers, "Soon dear this will all be yours. Soon, but not yet unfortunately."

Thena blinks and now looks up into the face of her friends, as Niserie is pouring a liquid into her mouth, a foul concoction burning her throat as it goes down and scratching her throat almost as much as the pitchfork she just felt. She manages to swallow the repellent mixture and feels the fever start to break. "Will she recover?," Liviel asks obviously concerned.

Torvik, Bryne, Athan and Kade see that the camp too was attacked by one of those beasts, as Cosima and her guards tie the remains to a wagon.

"No sign of her anywhere," Morwen says emerging from the woods, "I can't find Wilwarin and never will in this darkness."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#443 Post by Rex »

Bryne

"We need to get someone to take control of this beast and then I can see if I can locate her trail. Although in this chaos I am not so confidant it will be easy to find."

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#444 Post by spanningtree »

Thena

Sitting up, bewildered at first but then starting to focus. My deepest thanks Niserie... something had a hold on me. Someone was in my mind I think... dwelling on my fears and letting me know that "he" is expecting me or us, I don't know. Getting up, while leaning on Liviel for support.

I do know that we need to gather, restore our ranks, and be off to the tournament. Our chosen path seems to be the right one, for the moment.

She'll look around, taking inventory of her comrades... Where is Wilwarin?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

tristenc
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#445 Post by tristenc »

Nis seems relieved at her friend's recovery. We cannot find Wilwayaisawen... she seems to have a habit of wandering off doesn't she? At least this time she was with someone... what visions... what did you see? She asks with concern

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#446 Post by Edeldhur »

Athanasius
Rex wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:21 am Bryne

"We need to get someone to take control of this beast and then I can see if I can locate her trail. Although in this chaos I am not so confidant it will be easy to find."
”I have got a hold of the creature, sister” - Athan nodded at Bryne, then turned to Morwen - ”Are you unhurt?”

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#447 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Torvik sets down the saddle bags he found and offers to help track the magician down. "I can help track tha magician down."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#448 Post by Darithe »

Mave

As much as she was reluctant to leave her family in its current state, Mave had to agree with Thena that arrival at the tournament was a priority. She glances to Torvik at his mention of tracking the magician, "Better to try and track Wilwarin so we know she is safe," thinking she'd prefer not to see the foul sorcerer again.

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#449 Post by Revenant »

"So little time to figure it all out
So many distractions to prevent success
I’m in a dark forest with no path or route
But this internal fire knows no rest.” ~ Justin Wetch

And in a dark forest is where you find yourselves. One companion missing, another the intended victim of a murderous assault and yet another poisoned in both mind and body with internal fire and healed by friends.

Bryne sets off to track the lost friend, leaving the young displacer beast with Athan while he inquires after Morwen, the knight of eternal order's health. She replies that she is well save for worrying over Wilwarin's fate. His half-sister and Morwen go off following what Bryne hopes to be the tracks of Wilwarin and the man she spoke with. They follow the tracks into the forest and on to the river where they end. Bryne finds sight of a boat having been tethered there but no further signs of the two or indication of which direction they sailed off to.

Torvik, steadfast Ranger of the Horn searches for the murderous magician and unable to track him into the skies in which he disappeared consoles himself with searching the sorcerer's wagon. The findings are surprisingly sparse, a few changes of clothing, meager supplies of food and wine, and several books. Most are mundane but one entitled The Mysteries of Ebon Manifestations contains two pieces of parchments, one a detailed map of the camp and the city of Gull's Landing. The other merely a list of names: De'Athyra Montressor, Niserie Silverwreath, Bryne Valshire, Athanasius Brownstone, Mave Gallowhawk, Wilwarin (?), Torvik Shadowhood (...and the three), Zaella Elaemyre (kin?), Thena Krillovna, Liviel Ambergyle, Morwen Lamonte, Reggie (?) and far below those names Tallow (?). Finding nothing else useful the ranger returns to the open air to see Kade now carrying the saddlebags.

The night soon will be fading into the wee hours of the next day, so the Captain of the Royal Guard implores you to return to the carriages and the safety of the city. He offers you quarters in the Gallowhawk compound or you may return to the inn which lies across the street from it. Bryne remembers she left the one called Huerta waiting there for the Finla. The captain also orders his guard to take possession of the small beast and tie it inside one of the carriages to be held in the compound's gaol until its fate can be decided. The captain also reminds you that you are to meet with Lord Gallowhawk to break your fast in the morning where he will make his decision about his daughter's actions as well as meet with Malaguerre regarding the items you have found.

Actions please?

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#450 Post by Darithe »

Mave

She waits for the others to search, their skills known to her whilst she stands guard awaiting to depart. Mave keeps an eye on Thena, hopeful the worst has passed.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#451 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Torvik brings the list to the others to show them what he found "Kinda looks like someone's trackin us, er huntin us."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#452 Post by Rex »

Bryne

"I lost the trail when they took a boat onto the river. Could be a ways down stream already if using the current."

tristenc
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#453 Post by tristenc »

Would Nis be able to try to befriend the little displacer beast? And would supernatural lore help at all?

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#454 Post by Revenant »

Supernatural lore would be an apt way to calm it and start on the path to trusting you. Roll vs. Supernatural Lore but at a +1 penalty.

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#455 Post by Edeldhur »

(Aaaaaw, after all the work Athan had to keep it alive? I wanted to tame it :P)

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#456 Post by Revenant »

Edeldhur wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:06 pm (Aaaaaw, after all the work Athan had to keep it alive? I wanted to tame it :P)

If (and that is a big IF) that should happen it will be a long process and require all the characters working together. So you may yet have that wish granted assuming it doesn't eat you first.

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#457 Post by Edeldhur »

Revenant wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:47 pm
Edeldhur wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:06 pm (Aaaaaw, after all the work Athan had to keep it alive? I wanted to tame it :P)

If (and that is a big IF) that should happen it will be a long process and require all the characters working together. So you may yet have that wish granted assuming it doesn't eat you first.
(Wohooo!)

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#458 Post by spanningtree »

Thena

Relates her dreams/nightmare(s) to her comrades in response to Nis's request.

Looking at Torvik's findings: Indeed, someone has gone through great trouble to keep tabs on us...

I think I must make my way back to town, visit my temple for review of what came over me.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#459 Post by Rex »

Bryne

"We have lost Wilwarin's trail on the river. Best we sty together from here on out. We are clearly being watched, what their next step is we don't know."

tristenc
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#460 Post by tristenc »

Edeldhur wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:52 pm
Revenant wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:47 pm

(Wohooo!)
team mascot! ^_^

====

Supernatural lore (17) [1d20+1]=1+1=2

Oooh! Perfect pass!
And I shall name him 'mittens' :lol:

Ducky may be quite jealous

Return to “Nocturne (2e)”