Along the Old North Road

Edeldhur
Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Along the Old North Road

#41 Post by Darithe »

Hreigă of Căléd

Leaving the sleeping goblins for now, Hreigă tries to assist attacking the remaining foe but she is unskilled in the battle arts and her daggerstrike fails to find its target.

Attack: [1d20]=2

donjong
Runner
Runner

#42 Post by donjong »

Cropey

Cropey swings at the goblin he is in melee with.

To hit: [1d20]=12, damage with mace: [1d6]=6

That should say 'damage with short sword', sorry!

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#43 Post by Edeldhur »

(Uthæs will delay, considering his options)

Bodkin's luck finally changes, and he manages to clobber one goblin, cracking his skull and knocking him out cold.
On the other hand, the rest of his companions are unable to land any attacks on the lone remaining goblin, who shrieks in panic, dropping his weapon and falling to his knees.

"Nie det! Nie det!" - it grovels

If anyone knows Goblin
"No kill! No kill!"

Status

Goblin (unarmed and groveling)
Bodkin Heldich hp 2/7
Cropey Oarswain hp 4/4
Hreigă of Căléd hp 6/6
Jůnger hp 2/6
Talesian hp 7/7
Uthæs hp 7/7

Heroes GO!

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Rex »

Bodkin

Bodkin will tie the goblin up. "Anyone speak Goblin or whatever it is he is speaking? Maybe if we are very lucky we can learn something from him."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by gurusql »

Jůnger

"They just sound like a dog to me."

Dicey
Tracker
Tracker

#46 Post by Dicey »

Taking out her anger, Talesian hacked at the skull of a dead goblin, again and again and again and again until it was a shattered mass of brain, flesh and bone bits.

She scooped up a handful of it and rubbed it in the captive goblin’s face while yelling “TALK! Who is your leader! Where is your lair? Who is behind the incursions in Blackmark?!”

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#47 Post by Edeldhur »

The goblin's eyes go wide with terror, and he lets out a torrent of nonsensical words (unless you understand Goblin), while crying, groveling and shaking his head.

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#48 Post by kwll »

Uthæs looks at Talesian for a while, but says nothing. Then he brings back his swords in their scabbards after cleaning them, and goes looking for his arrow. He searches the camp while doing so.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#49 Post by Darithe »

Hreigă of Căléd

Hreigă steps between Talesian and the goblin, stating, "Let me ask him in his native tongue." She looks down at the goblin and offers him a warm smile saying in goblin, "We aren't going to kill you, we merely wish you to help us. Why did you and your companions attack the dwarf? Did someone order you to do this?" She intends to keep her interrogation cordial and the questions simple for now.

I had forgotten to choose languages but would have taken Goblin anyway, so I've updated my character sheet with my choices.

donjong
Runner
Runner

#50 Post by donjong »

Cropey

Leaving the interrogation to the others, Cropey walks over to the dead dwarf by the wagon and begins looking for any clues about who he was and if he was travelling on his own.

Dicey
Tracker
Tracker

#51 Post by Dicey »

Talesian stepped back, hyperventilating and watching the others search the bodies.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Rex »

Bodkin

Once the goblin is secure he will check out the big chest the fat goblin was sitting on.

"Keep an eye on him."

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#53 Post by Edeldhur »

Darithe wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:04 pmHreigă of Căléd

Hreigă steps between Talesian and the goblin, stating, "Let me ask him in his native tongue." She looks down at the goblin and offers him a warm smile saying in goblin, "We aren't going to kill you, we merely wish you to help us. Why did you and your companions attack the dwarf? Did someone order you to do this?" She intends to keep her interrogation cordial and the questions simple for now.

I had forgotten to choose languages but would have taken Goblin anyway, so I've updated my character sheet with my choices.
The goblin calms down somewhat when hearing his own tongue.

(In Goblin)
"We's attacks because we wants the things and the horse food... Goblins strong warriors who must rule all!" - he gets somewhat excited at his own words, but then looking around at the carnage, returns to his whimpering - "Please no kill"
kwll wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:19 pm Uthæs looks at Talesian for a while, but says nothing. Then he brings back his swords in their scabbards after cleaning them, and goes looking for his arrow. He searches the camp while doing so.
Uthæs has a chance to look over the camp with more attention - the overturned cart is still smoking, and the dwarf was killed by several arrows. The mule which was probably pulling the cart has been killed, and several slabs of its meat cut out - the goblins were roasting them at the end of their spears...
donjong wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:37 pm Cropey

Leaving the interrogation to the others, Cropey walks over to the dead dwarf by the wagon and begins looking for any clues about who he was and if he was travelling on his own.
The dwarf seems to be wearing merchant clothes, but has no documents or any other clues as to whom he might have been.
Rex wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:11 am Bodkin

Once the goblin is secure he will check out the big chest the fat goblin was sitting on.

"Keep an eye on him."
Next to the chest, Bodkin finds several sacks of damp barley, and a bolt of fine silk. The chest itself is locked, but Bodkin can hear muffled cries from within!

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Rex »

Bodkin

"There is someone in this chest. Ask the goblin about it Hreigă. The dam chest is locked, can someone open it without smashing it? I don't want to hurt whoever is in there."

He will examine the lock. Is it a padlock type or built in? If a padlock type could it be pried off? How big is this chest? Big enough to hold another dwarf?

Loudly to whoever is in the chest, "Hold on in there we are working on getting you out."

donjong
Runner
Runner

#55 Post by donjong »

Cropey

"I can give it a shot", Cropey says as he pulls out his thieves' tools and attempts to pick the lock.

Open Locks: [1d100]=51 (Fail)

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by gurusql »

Jůnger

"I get one blessing a day, and today I give it to you Bodkin. I could just wait, but every problem is another problem waiting to happen."

Jůnger casts Cure Light Wounds on Bodkin.
Cure Light Wounds [1d6+1]=5+1=6

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Rex »

Bodkin

"Thanks Jůnger, much appreciated."

Bodkin will try and find something to pry the chest open with.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#58 Post by Darithe »

Hreigă of Căléd

Hreigă looks incredulous for a moment at the mention of someone hiding in the chest but quickly turns to the goblin and asks in his native tongue, "Who or what is in that chest?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Rex »

Darithe wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:03 pm Hreigă of Căléd

Hreigă looks incredulous for a moment at the mention of someone hiding in the chest but quickly turns to the goblin and asks in his native tongue, "Who or what is in that chest?"
Since the chest is locked it seems unlikely to me they were hiding in it. More likely a prisoner of the goblins, which is why I asked if a dwarf would fit since there is a dead dwarf already and I figured it might be their companion. Of course maybe I am completely wrong about the whole thing.

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#60 Post by Edeldhur »

Rex wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:16 pmBodkinHe will examine the lock. Is it a padlock type or built in? If a padlock type could it be pried off? How big is this chest? Big enough to hold another dwarf?

Loudly to whoever is in the chest, "Hold on in there we are working on getting you out."
It is a built in lock Bodkin.

From inside the chest comes a muffled voice - "T.ei. c.ie. ..s .h. key!" - just as Cropey attempts to pick it open without success.
Darithe wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:03 pm Hreigă of Căléd

"Stupid halfling in chest" - the goblin snickers, but then realizes he may be pushing his luck and stops - "We was going to eats it later"

Return to “Edeldhur's Swords & Wizardry Incursion (S&W)”