0004 Pequan to Tremous Dex

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: 0004 Pequan to Tremous Dex

#61 Post by ateno »

terrymixon wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:17 pm No worries. I'm not saying he wasn't there. I just don't know. Being as psionic as he now is, that might not work out for him as well. ;)

Karcsi knows nothing about being psionic, he just had weird dreams during time in the med bay.

We will say he is in the machine shop as before than. OK?

Karcsi

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#62 Post by terrymixon »

ateno wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:11 pm
terrymixon wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:17 pm No worries. I'm not saying he wasn't there. I just don't know. Being as psionic as he now is, that might not work out for him as well. ;)

Karcsi knows nothing about being psionic, he just had weird dreams during time in the med bay.

Karcsi
That's between you and Eris, but I'm fine with it as a fellow player.

Flighty
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Into the Marches: Emily Green, 566997, 34, LCDR Imperial Navy, 4 terms.
Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Akus Moby: Lily Stone, 897CB3, 42, Marine Gunnery Sergeant, 6 terms.
Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1
14,000 cr, 1 High Passage

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#63 Post by Eris »

ateno wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:45 pm As they run out, Katcsi headaches to the statuette and grabs it with a cloth and places it back in the 'foam' and closes the suitcase..

Karcsi
Read this and the next of my posts and take your pick as to which of the three scenerios actually happened. :)

OOC: Wrong location. We will fix this easily, though, and Eric you get to make a decision on where Karcis is located in the following sequences. So, Eric, is Karcis in Sickbay with Flighty, Zaki, and the briefcase, or is he in the Cargo hole with Donovan, Sigrun and the statuette? As you haven't posted if you were joining either group I'm happy for you to be with either...your call. IAC, if your action above holds, you would be in the Cargo hole. What follows is what happens if that is the case...

As Sigrun falls and Donovan turns toward the exposed statuette Karcsi quickly guides the foam cover back over the thing and picks it up putting it back into the large cargo container.

Karcsi piles bubble wrap like material back in and Donovan slams the lid of the metal container down and slaps the latch causing a bright flash and smoke to appear.

Karcsi's extremities actually tingle as he does all this, like he is moving through extreme cold, but it lessens then stops once the lid is firmly dropped on the container.

Donovan turns to Sigrun to check her vital signs while Karsci stares at the shipping container now with a smoking melted latch...with a hand print burned deep into it.

OOC: If, otoh, Karcsi was with Flighty and Zaki, nothing was happening here that seemed dangerous and this is what happens...

Donovan covers the statuette with the foam, and puts it back in the shipping container, piling the bubble wrap atop it and slams the metal lid down! While he is doing this his head feels like it is splitting, there is a ringing in his ears, which stops the instant he steps back from the shipping container. Blinking through eyes streaming with tears he sees the metal on the container smoking where it has been melted sealing the container closed.

Karcsi gets a feeling of danger and realizes that Zaki has felt it too! He turns and runs out of Sickbay heading for the cargo hold with Zaki right on his heels. Flighty is somewhere behind these two...

Donovan turns toward Sigrun, kneeling at her side. Steady breathing, no obvious signs of injury...then he hears feet pounding on the metal stairs and Karsci, Zaki and Flighty are here with him.

OOC: Now in either case...

Zaki and Flighty are with the others in the cargo hold. Donovan is kneeling next to Sigrun and Zaki immediately goes to take over there.

A quick check of vitals and Sigrun's look fine, she's even starting to move like she's coming back to consciousness. Zaki glances at Donovan starting to ask what happened when she sees he is bleeding from both eyes and his nose.

Flighty and Karsci are both looking at the shipping container. They see a smoking, dull red, handprint on container's latch. It looks like the metal has been melted securing the container's lid shut leaving the impression of a hand print melted deep into the metal.
Last edited by Eris on Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#64 Post by Eris »

Karcsi
Well if that's the case...:)...it seems I have a third scenario to write. :)

Karcsi suddenly feels like there is a danger and dropping what he was doing turns and sprints toward the cargo bay! He arrives just as Zaki and Flighty come bounding in from the other direction. He sees Donovan kneeling next to Sigrun.

Karsci looks at the shipping container and sees a smoking, dull red, handprint where the latch used to be. It looks like the latch has been melted securing the container closed.

OOC: Any of the three work out with every PC in the cargo hold, Sigrun slowly coming to from being unconscious, Donovan kneeling next to her, Zaki joining them and Flighty and Karsci seeing the melted metal on the latch.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#65 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:29 pm

Karcsi
Well if that's the case...:)...it seems I have a third scenario to write. :)

Karcsi suddenly feels like there is a danger and dropping what he was doing turns and sprints toward the cargo bay! He arrives just as Zaki and Flighty come bounding in from the other direction. He sees Donovan kneeling next to Sigrun.

Karsci looks at the shipping container and sees a smoking, dull red, handprint where the latch used to be. It looks like the latch has been melted securing the container closed.

OOC: Any of the three work out with every PC in the cargo hold, Sigrun slowly coming to from being unconscious, Donovan kneeling next to her, Zaki joining them and Flighty and Karsci seeing the melted metal on the latch.
"Well, that's different," Flighty says, looking at the melted handprint.

Flighty
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0

Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#66 Post by Eris »

OOC: Tiglith, when you get back this is for you...

Sigrun dreams: She opens her eyes to darkness specked with a million tiny speaks of light and thinks, "Space is dark, but filled with stars! But there is light if you look for it." and briefly she is on the bridge of The New Chance, Flighty and Donovan are laughing about something...

Behind her back she feels dim light. Floating in space, she turns toward the feeling and light floods through her face mask. A large gas giant hovers in the distance, flashes of light shoot from a point near the large planet and streak out, all converging on a small ship. Ambush!

The ambush finishes with a huge explosion and The New Chance is no more.

Sigrun thinks, "Ah, unless it doesn't fly into that ambush. But then..."

The hole is even darker, but filled with danger! Somewhere? Somewhere near, she feels electrons moving and moving as a timer cycles ever closer to zero. Bomb!

"Is that how The New Chance doesn't fly into the ambush?" Sigrun thinks sighing, "Belts and Braces!"

Sigrun awakens: Blinking her eyes, she remembers her dream and says clearly, "That doesn't seem fair?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#67 Post by ateno »

Eris wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:29 pm Karsci looks at the shipping container and sees a smoking, dull red, handprint where the latch used to be. It looks like the latch has been melted securing the container closed.
"What in the gods of life happened?"

Karcsi looks around.

Does anyone need something or do I need to be somewhere else?

Karcsi

helvorn
Scout
Scout

#68 Post by helvorn »

joertexas wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:13 am Zaki runs into the cargo bay with the scanner still in one hand, and her go bag in the other. She swears pungently in Old Vilani as she quickly takes in the scene. She glances at Donovan before kneeling next to Sigrun. "I might have known that she would open that package." She glances at Donovan. "What happened?" The medic listens while she starts scanning the unconscious woman. Or warrior, she thinks.
Donovan called back away from Sigrun as Zaki takes over the medical treatment. He immediately sits down and shakes his head as he tries remember things. "We opened the container and immediately I had strange visions in my head. Then I heard Sigrun in my head saying "I do not pass out". Then I was back out of the vision and Sigrun was collapsed. I managed to cover the statue again, sealed the shipping container and then tried to apply first-aid." At this moment he notices he is bleeding from the ears and nose. Donovan goes a bit pale. "Also I guess I had some kind of reaction when I closed the container."
Donovan Argushiig, 697CB6, Merchant (3rd Officer), 3 terms, 30
Gun Cbt-1, Melee Cbt-0, Zero G-0, Steward-1, Pilot-1, Streetwise-1, Gunnery-2, Jack o’Trades-2, Trader-3, Carousing-1, Liaison-1, Engineering-1, Comms-1

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by joertexas »

helvorn wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:45 am
Donovan called back away from Sigrun as Zaki takes over the medical treatment. He immediately sits down and shakes his head as he tries remember things. "We opened the container and immediately I had strange visions in my head. Then I heard Sigrun in my head saying "I do not pass out". Then I was back out of the vision and Sigrun was collapsed. I managed to cover the statue again and then try to apply first-aid."
Zaki takes in the scene with a long sigh. "We had a deal to keep this ship if we delivered whatever that is." She looks at Flighty. "What do we do now?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#70 Post by terrymixon »

joertexas wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:52 am
Donovan called back away from Sigrun as Zaki takes over the medical treatment. He immediately sits down and shakes his head as he tries remember things. "We opened the container and immediately I had strange visions in my head. Then I heard Sigrun in my head saying "I do not pass out". Then I was back out of the vision and Sigrun was collapsed. I managed to cover the statue again and then try to apply first-aid."
Zaki takes in the scene with a long sigh. "We had a deal to keep this ship if we delivered whatever that is." She looks at Flighty. "What do we do now?"
“Damned if I know. It seems dangerous in a lot of ways. At this point, I’m starting to wonder if they were willing to pay big because we were expendable. As in we can keep a secret if we’re all dead.”

He walked over to the container. “I have no idea what you did, Donovan, but this is very weird. Did we get any visuals on whatever it was? We need to see it. At least I do. We might be able to identify it better that way.”

He pursed his lips. “It’s messed with us, but some of us seem more at risk than others. For example, I’ve had a few vague feelings, but that’s it. Thoughts on me opening this up to get some images while everyone else is clear? Then it could go back in the wrapper. It’s too dangerous to leave out, and I don’t want to risk anyone else for my curiosity, but we need more hard data.”

He pursed his lips. “Zaki, take Sigrún back to the med bay. She and Donovan need to be examined. Karsci and I can get the scan of it and seal it back away. I might be somewhat immune, but I suppose we’ll find out. Besides, if everyone else gets to have weird psionic stuff happen to them, I don’t want to be left out.” The last was said with a smile, but he sounds serious.

Flighty

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by joertexas »

terrymixon wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:12 am
joertexas wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:52 am
“Damned if I know. It seems dangerous in a lot of ways. At this point, I’m starting to wonder if they were willing to pay big because we were expendable. As in we can keep a secret if we’re all dead.”

He walked over to the container. “I have no idea what you did, Donovan, but this is very weird. Did we get any visuals on whatever it was? We need to see it. At least I do. We might be able to identify it better that way.”

He pursed his lips. “It’s messed with us, but some of us seem more at risk than others. For example, I’ve had a few vague feelings, but that’s it. Thoughts on me opening this up to get some images while everyone else is clear? Then it could go back in the wrapper. It’s too dangerous to leave out, and I don’t want to risk anyone else for my curiosity, but we need more hard data.”

He pursed his lips. “Zaki, take Sigrún back to the med bay. She and Donovan need to be examined. Karsci and I can get the scan of it and seal it back away. I might be somewhat immune, but I suppose we’ll find out. Besides, if everyone else gets to have weird psionic stuff happen to them, I don’t want to be left out.” The last was said with a smile, but he sounds serious.

Flighty
Zaki nods and helps Donovan and Sigrun stand to their feet. "Okay, let's get back to the common area so I can scan you both again, just to be sure."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#72 Post by Eris »

Let's give Tiglith a chance to catch up and make a reply, so consider this game paused for today right here for today. Tiglith has been out of pocket this weekend and Sigrun has things she might want to say before you take her from this location...and before Flighty and Karsci do anything more with the object in the shipping container.

Zaki nods and helps Donovan and Sigrun stand to their feet. "Okay, let's get back to the common area so I can scan you both again, just to be sure."

Sigrun remembers her dream, or was it a prophetic vision? Oh, yes, it was a vision and she has been touched by galdur now, gods help her! No! No! No! I am nobody's þræll!

She also remembers the writing on the Hargvats Vayri taghandi bats’ahaytum. Um, that's Wild Talent Activator in Galanglic. Yes, she knows what that object is and how it is used!

Sigrun also just knows the writing on the object said something like Yndlaynel yev aktivats’nel vayri pizonik taghandy voch’ nakhadzerrnoghneri shrjanum. The closest she can come to a translation into Galanglic is "Enhance and Activate Wild Pisonic Talent among non-Initiates." Children are exposed to objects like this, but not "Like This!" throughout their childhood, all develop some pisonic potential and become part of Zhdantia, over time a few begin to show wild talents. Those that do are separated and given training to become Initiates along the Morality's Path...the Zhodani religion, of sorts.

A few Sword Worlders, among others, are allowed to travel into Zhadantia space to commune with the Hargvats Vayri taghandi bats’ahaytum, those that come back...which are few...are changed in many ways. Often half-mad, always touched by galdur (magic), self-professed thrall to Zhodani Masters who no longer know the Old Gods.

"Gods! I am nobody's thrall!"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:34 pm
terrymixon wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:12 am He pursed his lips. “...Besides, if everyone else gets to have weird psionic stuff happen to them, I don’t want to be left out.” The last was said with a smile, but he sounds serious.
Sigrún sways into Zaki unsteadily and warns Flighty "You don't want that galdur forced into your head! The Zhodat script on the talisman states its purpose - that's what it does! It sent me a seeming, a vision about the destruction of this ship - but wild talents are truly dangerous!" Now clearly confused she vocalizes her thoughts "I can't read Zhodat - I've never even met any Zhodani!"

Then she looks aghast, groans as if in deep pain and shouts "Tliaqrnadatl! Zhodani skítkarl! Hvaða galdra varstu með?" Then seemingly coming to a sudden realization she laughs maniacally while painfully gripping Zaki's arm for support "Álögin þín eru að bresta!"
Releasing her grip on Zaki to dab at Donovan's bloody face she draws the Algiz rune on her palm in blood and then declares with calm cold certainty "Ef ég sé þig aftur... Ek man vega þik eins ok svín!"

(OOC: Translation
"Tliaqrnadatl! You Zhodani bastard! What magic did you use?" Laughs "Your spell is breaking!"
"If I see you again... I will slay you like a pig!"
Algiz rune: like a Y with a vertical line through it.

She will share her "vision" posted here: viewtopic.php?p=699590#p699590
Last edited by Tiglath on Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#74 Post by ateno »

Karcsi will move towards Flighty, willing to help.

"What the hell is going on?"

Karcsi

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#75 Post by Eris »

The phrase and two key words everybody picks up from Sigrun's apparent rambling are 'Destruction of this ship, 'Ambush' and 'Bomb', everything else is mostly a ramble at this point. She's clearly going to need a bit to order her thoughts. However....

Karcsi, thinks about the dreams he had while in the AutoDoc. Killing one of those giant snakes with a spear. It really did seem awfully real at the time. Shaman in his tribe supposedly had visions, "big ju-ju", he never really believed them, but a lot of his tribe did...

Zaki, recalls just knowing there was danger coming more than once and how she made that maneuver in the air/raft that not only kept the snake from hitting, but also kept it in Sigrun's aim. She can't fly an air/raft like that! Well, she never could before...

Donovan and Flighty, recall feeling danger before they knew there was danger, and which direction it was coming from, but that's just coincidences right...

And Donovan doesn't even want to think about why he is bleeding from his nose and eyes and why his right hand is starting to hurt like hell! He put that thing back in the container and closed the lid...looking at it now, seeing the melted handprint on the latch...nope, nope, nope...don't want to think about it!

Zaki sees Donovan looking at his right hand. It looks awful!

He needs the AutoDoc now!
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#76 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:29 pm
joertexas wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:34 pm
terrymixon wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:12 am He pursed his lips. “...Besides, if everyone else gets to have weird psionic stuff happen to them, I don’t want to be left out.” The last was said with a smile, but he sounds serious.
Sigrún sways into Zaki unsteadily and warns Flighty "You don't want that galdur forced into your head! The Zhodat script on the talisman states its purpose - that's what it does! It sent me a seeming, a vision about the destruction of this ship - but wild talents are truly dangerous!" Now clearly confused she vocalizes her thoughts "I can't read Zhodat - I've never even met any Zhodani!"

Then she looks aghast, groans as if in deep pain and shouts "Tliaqrnadatl! Zhodani skítkarl! Hvaða galdra varstu með?" Then seemingly coming to a sudden realization she laughs maniacally while painfully gripping Zaki's arm for support "Álögin þín eru að bresta!"
Releasing her grip on Zaki to dab at Donovan's bloody face she draws the Algiz rune on her palm in blood and then declares with calm cold certainty "Ef ég sé þig aftur... Ek man vega þik eins ok svín!"

(OOC: Translation
"Tliaqrnadatl! You Zhodani bastard! What magic did you use?" Laughs "Your spell is breaking!"
"If I see you again... I will slay you like a pig!"
Algiz rune: like a Y with a vertical line through it.

She will share her "vision" posted here: viewtopic.php?p=699590#p699590
Now sure what to make of her apparent raving, Flighty will let Zaki get her charges out without directly responding.
ateno wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:54 pm Karcsi will move towards Flighty, willing to help.

"What the hell is going on?"

Karcsi
"I'm not sure. Something odd and dangerous, probably. I want to be cautious, but we need to know what we're dealing with. So far, it seems like whatever this is isn't messing with me. Not really. I'm going to take a risk and get some images of the thing in the cargo container. I don't want to put you at risk, but maybe a rope around my middle to pull me clear if there is trouble. I'll cut the lock open and pull the thing out. It's risky, but most of the crew seems affected and I'm not going to stand by if I can help decipher this, even if it's dangerous to me. You be ready to pull me clear if need be, but hopefully this will go smoothly. If not, pull me clear and use a pole to push the door closed."

Flighty will get a rope, pole, camera, heavy gloves, and cutter. Once he's got the rope tied around him, he'll cut the container lock and open the door carefully. With the gloves firmly in place, he'll open the foam container, move the wrapping out of the way, and take a picture of the object, making sure the camera strap is around his neck. Once he's seen what he can, he'll rotate the object and get pictures of it from all sides. Then he'll seal it back away, close the foam container, close the shipping container, and brace it shut.

If he feels anything mildly weird, he'll try to finish the work. If he feels moderately weird, he'll try to seal everything back up and stop there. If he feels majorly weird, he'll try to put some distance between him and the thing as fast as he can.

Terry fully expects his plans to go awry, but Flighty wouldn't avoid the risk if it might help his crewmates. Fingers crossed he gets good rolls. ;)

Flighty
Last edited by terrymixon on Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#77 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:53 pm The phrase and two key words everybody picks up from Sigrun's apparent rambling are 'Destruction of this ship, 'Ambush' and 'Bomb', everything else is mostly a ramble at this point. She's clearly going to need a bit to order her thoughts. However....

Karcsi, thinks about the dreams he had while in the AutoDoc. Killing one of those giant snakes with a spear. It really did seem awfully real at the time. Shaman in his tribe supposedly had visions, "big ju-ju", he never really believed them, but a lot of his tribe did...

Zaki, recalls just knowing there was danger coming more than once and how she made that maneuver in the air/raft that not only kept the snake from hitting, but also kept it in Sigrun's aim. She can't fly an air/raft like that! Well, she never could before...

Donovan and Flighty, recall feeling danger before they knew there was danger, and which direction it was coming from, but that's just coincidences right...

And Donovan doesn't even want to think about why he is bleeding from his nose and eyes and why his right hand is starting to hurt like hell! He put that thing back in the container and closed the lid...looking at it now, seeing the melted handprint on the latch...nope, nope, nope...don't want to think about it!

Zaki sees Donovan looking at his right hand. It looks awful!

He needs the AutoDoc now!
One more exposure and Flighty might need some time in the autodoc himself. ;) Then we can see if we can figure out what is going on and what the hell we do about it.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:53 pmZaki sees Donovan looking at his right hand. It looks awful! He needs the AutoDoc now!
"Donovan, get into the autodoc. Sigrun, he needs to go first, and then you." Zaki pushes and steers her patients around as she speaks.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#79 Post by ateno »

terrymixon wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:02 pm .... I don't want to put you at risk, but maybe a rope around my middle to pull me clear if there is trouble. I'll cut the lock open and pull the thing out. It's risky, but most of the crew seems affected and I'm not going to stand by if I can help decipher this, even if it's dangerous to me. You be ready to pull me clear if need be, but hopefully this will go smoothly. If not, pull me clear and use a pole to push the door closed."
Flighty
Karcsi will do what he's told to help out. He will think about what was said about his Shamans, thinking back all those years ago, he thinks about what he actally saw.

Karcsi

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:07 am
Eris wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:53 pmZaki sees Donovan looking at his right hand. It looks awful! He needs the AutoDoc now!
"Donovan, get into the autodoc. Sigrun, he needs to go first, and then you." Zaki pushes and steers her patients around as she speaks.
Sigrún turns to look Dononvan in the eye and grips his shoulder "Go with Zaki - that looks like an "engineering burn". Untreated wounds like that will take your arm or your life! I will help Flighty because Tyr arms him with duty and honour - and those are poor weapons against the twists and turns of magic". She dabs up blood once more and traces it vertically down the midline of her face "I will be well for I slept within a dragon's dreams and it seems he gave me the strength to still magic". Turning to Zaki she says "Help Donovan - I have seen wounds like that consume warriors from within but you will heal it. I give you my word I will come to be seen".

Sigrún's mismatched eyes seem to now burn with a dangerous and barely restrained energy as she apparently continues to ramble "I have remembered another name I once wore... I have walked the fields of dead, climbed piled corpses, waded through blood in that name... but now I have a spell to break... and a wizard to kill".

She reaches inside her coveralls, produces an autopistol and chambers a round before safeing the weapon and stuffing it into her waistband. Then she heads back to the cargo container and its arcane contents to help Flighty.

(OOC: Íss pronounced "Eess" and drawn as I. The ice rune of stillness or, in this context, perhaps depicting the "heraldry" of a goddess' face).

Lightly EDITED
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Return to “Adventure 1: A Simple Pickup”