New Game Request

This forum is for users to make requests of the admins. This includes starting new campaigns, archiving old campaigns, adding player sub-forums to existing campaigns, and anything else that the user cannot do and must be completed by admins.
Eric.D
Strider
Strider

New Game Request

#1 Post by Eric.D »

I am new, and not sure of the format around here, but the player who encouraged us to use Unseen Servant mentioned as GM I would need to ask for a forum to be created. We are starting up a Burning Wheel Gold Revised game we'd like to start under the name "A Small Time Job."

We have five players ready to go, and while most of us are new, some are already users, so we should be able to get going quickly.

Thank you in advance, and please let me know if you need anything more from me!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: New Game Request

#2 Post by rredmond »

I was wondering why the slew of new members! :)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by rredmond »

Who are the players and do you need private forums for them?
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

VVhite-Crow
Strider
Strider

#4 Post by VVhite-Crow »

Hay, :D
I'm one of the five!

Xilef1110
Squire
Squire

#5 Post by Xilef1110 »

Hi,
I'm also one of the players

hidetzugu
Runner
Runner

#6 Post by hidetzugu »

VVhite-Crow wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:25 pm Hay, :D
I'm one of the five!
and another

Eric.D
Strider
Strider

#7 Post by Eric.D »

rredmond wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:12 pm Who are the players and do you need private forums for them?
I actually don't know everybody's username yet! :lol:

At the risk of showing my utter ignorance, what is a private forum used for?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Rex »

A private forum is one that just the admins, DM, and single (or more) player can see. It isn't public so anyone just reading along can not see it. Most of them are just the DM only (for notes etc) or the DM and a single player (for actions the other players wouldn't see). Hopefully this makes sense but if not Dave will come along and explain it better than me.

Eric.D
Strider
Strider

#9 Post by Eric.D »

Cool, that’s what I thought it would be, based on the name. Burning Wheel requires the players to accept dramatic irony; it basically just doesn’t do hidden information at all, so there should be no need!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#10 Post by dmw71 »

Eric.D wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:19 pm Burning Wheel requires the players to accept dramatic irony; it basically just doesn’t do hidden information at all, so there should be no need!
If you decide you want one (maybe for yourself?), just let us know.

Eric.D wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:55 pmWe are starting up a Burning Wheel Gold Revised game we'd like to start under the name "A Small Time Job."
A new forum -- A Small Time Job (Burning Wheel Gold Revised) -- has been set up and placed beneath your existing campaign.

You have been set as the moderator for your forum, and you should also be able to make 'sticky' posts. To add users to your group so that they can post in your forum, follow the instructions outlined here: How to add players to your campaign.

Please consult the 'How to make and find your campaign ID' if you're unfamiliar with the Unseen Servant dice roller.

Feel free to reply if you have any questions or issues and an admin will be able to assist.

Good luck with your campaign, and have fun!

Thanks,
Dave
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Eric.D
Strider
Strider

#11 Post by Eric.D »