0003 Pickup in the Sticks!

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 0003 Pickup in the Sticks!

#321 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:20 pm
Zaki, goes to the notes and reads:
Danger! Detain subject in an unconscious state using <some drug that is in stock, but is only used to induce a medical coma> and contact Imperial Security Service Section P at your earliest opportunity using the encrypted code, "C/49DDO3 Prime -- Hot Cookies are under water." Further instructions will be given you at that time.

Zaki has never actually seen this before, but it's real and from popular fiction she knows what ImpSecP is all about. More colloquially, in vids and such, the Psi Corps with Psi Cops doing Level 12 Investigations. Zhodani infiltrators, rogue serial mind raping killers! On one hand heroes that protect the Citizens of the Imperium against evil Zhodani. On the other, once they get their hands on somebody they are never heard of again...but that's only in the vids, right? She *knows* Karcsi, he's not Zhodani. She knows everyone here, well except the one called Sigrun...and these aren't *her* readings.
Zaki shakes her head and starts the shutdown procedure to release Karcsi from the autodoc.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#322 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 pm
Sigrun speaks softly "Afsaka* Zaki, here's your pistol back. I thought you might want it quickly and you are busy healing your warrior - so I cleaned it for you. Þakka fyrir".

Glancing at Karcsi she observes "Your man looks fully healed - well done! I can wait on my hand but I wouldn't mind at all if the autodoc fixed my ribs".
Zaki glances at Sigrun as she works with the autodoc. "Set it down there," she points to a nearby table. "What do you know about psionics and the Zhodani?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

helvorn
Scout
Scout

#323 Post by helvorn »

Donovan watches Flighty work the controls with approval at his skill. He runs the numbers quickly himself it comes out close enough to feel safe. Primarily he keeps an eye on the sensors and the turret controls slaved to his station just in case. "Glad to shake the dust of that place off my boots."
Donovan Argushiig, 697CB6, Merchant (3rd Officer), 3 terms, 30
Gun Cbt-1, Melee Cbt-0, Zero G-0, Steward-1, Pilot-1, Streetwise-1, Gunnery-2, Jack o’Trades-2, Trader-3, Carousing-1, Liaison-1, Engineering-1, Comms-1

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#324 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:58 am Zaki glances at Sigrun as she works with the autodoc. "Set it down there," she points to a nearby table. "What do you know about psionics and the Zhodani?"
Sigrún moves to do as she is bidden but stumbles dropping the holstered pistol onto the table top as she seizes the table edges in a white knuckled grip and exhales through gritted teeth. Bowed over the table top her muscles tense under her coveralls as she growls gutterally "Nú get ég séð það... Þar sem ég geng er krákuveisla og þeir nefna mig...".

In only a moment the spasm passes and Sigrún pushes herself upright as she states "I'm good - I think I just slipped..." She gingerly touches her temple and then replies "You asked about psionics ja? Some people have rare gifts that seem to work like magic but in the Sword Worlds we're not scared of them like you Imperials are. I suppose if you acknowledge gods then magic's not too uncomfortable an idea".

(OOC: Trans "Now I can see it... Where I walk is a crow's feast and they name me...").
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#325 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:54 am
Zaki shakes her head and starts the shutdown procedure to release Karcsi from the autodoc.
Karcsi dreams, the sand is warm under him as he sits and watches the red sun slowly sink into the blue green waters off the island. With a sigh he stands and stretches his arms up over his head. Lately, that arm hurt, but now it doesn't. He feels good! Rested! It's time to wake up...

Zaki flips a switch turning off the warning and starts Karcsi's awakening. She notes the changes taking place as Karcsi begins to regain consciousness, all normal. At the upper end of normal, in fact. He's coming out of it quickly and without any problems.

She can open the lid and let him come on out on his own. In a minute, or two, he'll be fully awake, and from the physical readings fully recovered. The brain chemistry, though, continues to be...off...

She turns to Sigrun and they begin their conversation...
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#326 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:18 am
joertexas wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:54 am
Karcsi dreams, the sand is warm under him as he sits and watches the red sun slowly sink into the blue green waters off the island. With a sigh he stands and stretches his arms up over his head. Lately, that arm hurt, but now it doesn't. He feels good! Rested! It's time to wake up...

Zaki flips a switch turning off the warning and starts Karcsi's awakening. She notes the changes taking place as Karcsi begins to regain consciousness, all normal. At the upper end of normal, in fact. He's coming out of it quickly and without any problems.

She can open the lid and let him come on out on his own. In a minute, or two, he'll be fully awake, and from the physical readings fully recovered. The brain chemistry, though, continues to be...off...

She turns to Sigrun and they begin their conversation...
"I don't know that scared is the right term," Zaki begins, still focused on waking up Karcsi. "No, you're right, it is fear. I'm not comfortable with the idea of mind control, myself."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#327 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:29 pm "I don't know that scared is the right term," Zaki begins, still focused on waking up Karcsi. "No, you're right, it is fear. I'm not comfortable with the idea of mind control, myself."
"Mind control..." Sigrún seems to unfocus and momentarily lose her train of thought. Then she rallies and grins "Mind control? Like stealing your girlfriend in those Imperial holos? People with gifts in the Sword Worlds can do wonderful things - interpret signs and portents or call on the strength of a mighty bear in combat but I don't think they do much of the... girlfriend witchcraft. There's no honour in doing that and as a minimum you'd get punched! Maybe you Imperials press your own reflection onto other people, já?"

She flicks her odd gaze at Zaki and calculates "You start odd conversations, healer. So, has your machine found some magic it can't explain? You... me... or... him?"

She then moves over to the autodoc taking the side opposite Zaki (and out of her way) and peers inside at Karcsi "He's not waking up very quickly. You should wave some mead under his nose - that works".

Sigrún helpfully prods the patient and gives him a none too gentle shake shouting "Góðan morgin, warrior - wake up!" She leans over him and says "Sæll, hvat segir þú? I am named Sigrún but I didn't snatch you from the battle to feast in the All Father's hall. So there's still more life for you - and still a better death! Wake up!"

(OOC: Swordie Trans Service: Good morning! (phrased to match his awakening - I believe we're entering planetary night) and an informal "Hi (or maybe Cheers), how you doin'?"

...aanndd Nurse Sigrun is on the ward round... ;) :roll:

PS Being late to the party (in every sense) I have a reduced visualization of the PCs so a brief description of Karcsi on introduction would help no end! Thanks in advance :) ).

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#328 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:02 pm
joertexas wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:29 pm "I don't know that scared is the right term," Zaki begins, still focused on waking up Karcsi. "No, you're right, it is fear. I'm not comfortable with the idea of mind control, myself."
"Mind control..." Sigrún seems to unfocus and momentarily lose her train of thought. Then she rallies and grins "Mind control? Like stealing your girlfriend in those Imperial holos? People with gifts in the Sword Worlds can do wonderful things - interpret signs and portents or call on the strength of a mighty bear in combat but I don't think they do much of the... girlfriend witchcraft. There's no honour in doing that and as a minimum you'd get punched! Maybe you Imperials press your own reflection onto other people, já?"

She flicks her odd gaze at Zaki and calculates "You start odd conversations, healer. So, has your machine found some magic it can't explain? You... me... or... him?"

She then moves over to the autodoc taking the side opposite Zaki (and out of her way) and peers inside at Karcsi "He's not waking up very quickly. You should wave some mead under his nose - that works".

Sigrún helpfully prods the patient and gives him a none too gentle shake shouting "Góðan morgin, warrior - wake up!" She leans over him and says "Sæll, hvat segir þú? I am named Sigrún but I didn't snatch you from the battle to feast in the All Father's hall. So there's still more life for you - and still a better death! Wake up!"

(OOC: Swordie Trans Service: Good morning! (phrased to match his awakening - I believe we're entering planetary night) and an informal "Hi (or maybe Cheers), how you doin'?"

...aanndd Nurse Sigrun is on the ward round... ;) :roll:

PS Being late to the party (in every sense) I have a reduced visualization of the PCs so a brief description of Karcsi on introduction would help no end! Thanks in advance :) ).
I've posted pics of Zaki...

Zaki sighs. "Give him a minute. The autodoc is still bringing him around. And I don't have a girlfriend, and I'm not pushing my own ideas onto anyone."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#329 Post by Eris »

Karcsi hears some woman shouting gibberish in his ear and cracks an eyelid open to see who it is, she doesn't look familiar. That's strange, when did we pick up a stranger?

He feels remarkably rested. Ah, yes, he was in the AutoDoc so he did get a rest. If there's a stranger shouting gibberish at him, maybe he was in the AutoDoc a lot longer than he should have been. Should he open his eyes and ask what's going on, or keep them closed and hear what he hears?
Zaki sighs. "Give him a minute. The autodoc is still bringing him around. And I don't have a girlfriend, and I'm not pushing my own ideas onto anyone."
Ah, that's Zaki, so he is still among his crew anyway! thinks Karsci.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#330 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:16 pm Zaki sighs. "Give him a minute. The autodoc is still bringing him around. And I don't have a girlfriend, and I'm not pushing my own ideas onto anyone."
"Vaknaðu!" Sigrún continues to robustly shake Karcsi and grunts an acknowledgement absently responding to Zaki "Já, it is probably the fierceness that scares people away...". Then, struck by a sudden and tangental realization, she states "We are in a proper medbay - there is always drink! If you pour him a glass he will revive but..." she cautions sagely "...you have to put some water in it!"

[Recap of Sigrún's physical description for reference: She is tall for a female (as tall as a human male) with an athletic build and toned physique. Her blond locks are combed back to fall loosely past her shoulders but are tightly braided at her temples with occasional beads as decoration. She would certainly be described as attractive and, as the eye takes in those minor scars worn across her confidently poised body as badges of vivacity, intriguing even, but it is her eyes that amend her description to striking. One is the blue of high atmosphere and the other the green of deep ocean].

(OOC: Trans: "Wake up!" Her bedside manner is appalling... :roll: :P )
Last edited by Tiglath on Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#331 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:48 pm Karcsi hears some woman shouting gibberish in his ear and cracks an eyelid open to see who it is, she doesn't look familiar. That's strange, when did we pick up a stranger?

He feels remarkably rested. Ah, yes, he was in the AutoDoc so he did get a rest. If there's a stranger shouting gibberish at him, maybe he was in the AutoDoc a lot longer than he should have been. Should he open his eyes and ask what's going on, or keep them closed and hear what he hears?
Zaki looks down at him. "Karcsi, can you hear me? Break time is over, and Sigrun here is the next customer."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#332 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:07 pm
Eris wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:48 pm Karcsi hears some woman shouting gibberish in his ear and cracks an eyelid open to see who it is, she doesn't look familiar. That's strange, when did we pick up a stranger?

Zaki looks down at him. "Karcsi, can you hear me? Break time is over, and Sigrun here is the next customer."
Karcsi opens his eyes. He recognizes Zaki, but not the big blonde woman standing behind her staring at him. He feels good, well rested.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#333 Post by Eris »

helvorn wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:50 am Donovan watches Flighty work the controls with approval at his skill. He runs the numbers quickly himself it comes out close enough to feel safe. Primarily he keeps an eye on the sensors and the turret controls slaved to his station just in case. "Glad to shake the dust of that place off my boots."
The run out to the jump point goes off without a hitch...surprisingly...:)...and the ship translates into Jump Space with a smooth whoosh.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#334 Post by ateno »

"Hello, ah. Am i ok?"

Karcsi rotates his injured shoulder.

"Someone from the sleepers?"

He looks around.

"Is everyone ok?

Karcsi

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#335 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:35 pm
helvorn wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:50 am Donovan watches Flighty work the controls with approval at his skill. He runs the numbers quickly himself it comes out close enough to feel safe. Primarily he keeps an eye on the sensors and the turret controls slaved to his station just in case. "Glad to shake the dust of that place off my boots."
The run out to the jump point goes off without a hitch...surprisingly...:)...and the ship translates into Jump Space with a smooth whoosh.
Flighty will let out a sigh of relief and lock the controls down for the jump. He hasn’t left the bridge on the run out, so he’ll go back and make sure all the salvaged cargo and equipment has been dealt with.

The description of the ship says we have cold sleep pods but the deck plans show 20 (if I remember correctly). Which is right?

Flighty
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Into the Marches: Emily Green, 566997, 34, LCDR Imperial Navy, 4 terms.
Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Akus Moby: Lily Stone, 897CB3, 42, Marine Gunnery Sergeant, 6 terms.
Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1
14,000 cr, 1 High Passage

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#336 Post by Tiglath »

ateno wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:46 pm "Someone from the sleepers?"

He looks around.

"Is everyone ok?
Karcsi can't miss the tall blond who shook him awake as she's standing by the side of the autodoc. She looks like she needs its services as she seems injured all over. He notes she has distinctively mismatched eye colours and a Sword Worlds accent.

She extends her hand in an emphatic hand grip and in apparent answer to his query replies "Já. I am Sigrún... my head was broken - but hopefully Zaki will mend it just as well as she mended you. You were bitten by Jörmungandr, or at least one of his kin, and you survived". She adds ruefully "I just had him move into my dreams while I slept!"

As she talks she painfully removes bracing from her ribs and then unconcernedly strips down to her borrowed T shirt ready to enter the autodoc and smiles "You will have a good tale to tell!" She continues her own recounting "No one else was hurt after you but then yet another great snake attacked. I slew it on my own but I saw it strike wide as if at glamours and seemings. Was that your doing shaman? If so you have my thanks".
Last edited by Tiglath on Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#337 Post by terrymixon »

For those that might not have seen the notice, there is a new thread up for us after we wrap up here. Go make sure you are subscribed to it.

Terry
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Into the Marches: Emily Green, 566997, 34, LCDR Imperial Navy, 4 terms.
Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Akus Moby: Lily Stone, 897CB3, 42, Marine Gunnery Sergeant, 6 terms.
Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1
14,000 cr, 1 High Passage

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#338 Post by Tiglath »

terrymixon wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:21 am For those that might not have seen the notice, there is a new thread up for us after we wrap up here. Go make sure you are subscribed to it.

Terry
Thanks Terry - I had caught it and so I'm in that one too.

I just thought that in our first player interaction I'd better reply to ateno rather than just leave him hanging! ;) :oops: :)

Eris please feel free to move my post over to wherever it needs to be! :D 8-)

Here's a link to the new action thread:viewtopic.php?t=13464

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#339 Post by joertexas »

ateno wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:46 pm "Hello, ah. Am i ok?"

Karcsi rotates his injured shoulder.

"Someone from the sleepers?"

He looks around.

"Is everyone ok?

Karcsi

"You're doing fine," Zaki says. "Sigrun, the one sleeper we were able to awaken, is next in the body shop."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#340 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:41 am Zaki says. "Sigrun, the one sleeper we were able to awaken, is next in the body shop."
Sigrún pauses in her preparations and eyes the autodoc warily "Zaki, do I have to sleep again so soon? I think I'd prefer to stay awake... my dreams are dangerous places".

Return to “Adventure 1: A Simple Pickup”