Gull's Landing

Revenant
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Gull's Landing

#381 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Torvik "Hate ta say it but I think we're gonna have ta kill em both. But I'm wonderin' if that's tha ma where's tha pa?" he says switching from ranged to his sword and moving in to help in melee.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#382 Post by spanningtree »

Thena

Makes her way towards Mave et al., trying to keep her balance in check.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

tristenc
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#383 Post by tristenc »

Niserie's smile is a mix of joy and held back emotion beneath eyes glistening with tears as her friend is healed, and young De'Ath displaying power. She clutches both desperately, kissing each on the forehead. That was very foolish of you, sweet one. she whispers to Mediphera, And i could not be more proud of you and thankful... Seeing Mediphera restored and the magician gone, Nis finally notices the beast fighting her allies... the poor beast was probably just trying to live its life... but it had been killing people rather than other animals... in the wild the circle of life was simple... but near civilization, the waters always grew muddy...

With a heavy heart she drew her bow, whispering a quiet prayer of forgiveness for what she must do...

====
Nis fires longbow at the adult displacer beast
Thac0 20 (-3 dex, -1 elf) => LB Thac0 16

Nis LB vs Displacer shot1, shot2 [1d20]=18,[1d8]=8, [1d20]=15,[1d8]=6

If no other combat modifiers
Shot 1: Hits AC -2 for 8
Shot 2: Hits AC 1 for 6

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#384 Post by Rex »

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#385 Post by Edeldhur »

Athanasius

Athan found himself wondering if these creatures were born evil, or if they are evil at all in the first place - resigned, he told himself it was no different from a pack of wild animals threatening a settlement. They had to be put down, unfortunately.

Zenith Attack (THAC015): [1d20]=14, Damage [1d8+6]=3+6=9

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#386 Post by Darithe »

Mave

Mave still unaware of what has occurred behind her, readies her blade for another attack. Her heart leaps at the sight of her bloodied mother's form but is relieved to see her carried away from the beast. Seeing her opening she strikes with deadly precision.

Attack: [1d20]=20 Damage: [1d8]=6

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#387 Post by Revenant »

"The difference between humans and wild animals is that humans pray before they commit murder." ~ Friedrich Durrenmatt

The beast caught two more arrows from Bryne's trusty bow and she seemed to detect a shiver in the creature's attacks as it struck missing both Athan and Kade. Torvik changes weapons pulling Durvan's Sword and moves in for a melee attack. The two warriors facing the beast strike again but neither hit where the beast actually is. The smaller beast moves towards Athan and strikes out with both tentacles. One hits piercing his armor, while the other misses.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The people at the fair scatter away from the beast and the stage where the magician was, seeking shelter at the wagons far from the fray. Mave sees her opening and delivers a critical thrust of Talon into the beast's neck. While Niserie pelts the thing with arrows, both hitting.

Cosima, the Vagary guard captain, delivers a staggering blow to the thing with her curved sword, while the others attacking miss the beast entirely due to its magical displacement. Morwen and Liviel reach the beast and the paladin hits the beast just as Liviel reaches out a slim hand and touches it. At Liviel's touch the beast seems to shudder and then collapses, unmoving.

Allies Injured: Athan (-6), Kade (-8), Mave (-2), Mediphera (now fully healed)
Enemies Injured: Forest Beast (Severely Injured), Smaller Beast (Uninjured), Fair Beast (Dead).

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#388 Post by Rex »

GreyWolfVT

#389 Post by GreyWolfVT »

“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#390 Post by spanningtree »

Thena

Makes her way to Mave and looks at the downed beast then looks about for new issues. The magician was just that... some kind of nefarious mage.

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#391 Post by Edeldhur »

Athanasius

Without any more alternatives, Athan continues swinging!

Zenith Attack (THAC015): [1d20]=11, Damage [1d8+6]=4+6=10

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#392 Post by Revenant »

“If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ~ Terry Pratchett

The wounded beast yowls a scream of pain and defiance as Bryne sends two more arrows into its hide, it bears it's teeth, blood pouring from its wounds as it's tentacles move to attack again. The first misses Athan but the second again hits Kade causing him to groan in pain as he staggers and just barely misses his attack.

The smaller beast strikes out again at Athan and he manages to dodge its first tentacle while the second one hits true again piercing his armor.

---------------------------------------------------------

Thena looks beyond the now dead Displacer Beast and sees the bloodied form of Lady Gallowhawk, her husband cradling her in his arms and his guards standing protectively over them both still alert and poised in a defensive stance. The vagary guards stab the dead cat several times to make sure it is dead, before Cosima tells them to stop, "Do not damage the beast further, I've heard tales fine clothing can be made from such creatures."

Morwen and Liviel now standing beside Mave, look down at the dead creature fascinated, as neither has seen such a thing. Then Morwen looks up and asks, "Where is Athan?"

Mediphera places a hand on Niserie's shoulder, "Well done my friend. It seems I now owe you my life." De'Ath says something in Vagary and Mediphera smiles adding, "Yes De'Athyra, I know I am not wearing armor, but I had to protect you." The elder witch pulls Niserie into a hug, "For what you did for me today, we are more than just friends, we are now sisters." She removes the golden necklace she wears and places it around Niserie's neck, "This was made for me by a late admirer. I want you to have it. It has always brought me luck and now it will do the same for my sister."

Allies Injured: Athan (-9), Kade (-12), Mave (-2), Lady Gallowhawk (?), Mediphera (now fully healed)
Enemies Injured: Forest Beast (Severely Injured), Smaller Beast (Uninjured), Fair Beast (Dead).

GreyWolfVT

#393 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Torvik tries to get between the beast and Kade acting like a dwarf meat shield and attacks the thing again.

Duvan's Shortsword [1d20]=9 to hit, [1d6]=6 s/m dmg, [1d8]=6 lrg dmg

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#394 Post by Darithe »

Mave

Mave distracted as she looks at the guards surrounding her mother, "Forgive me, Morwen, I didn't see where he went. He was over by the road when I last saw him. Excuse me sorry...." she rushes over to where her parents are, hoping beyond hope that her mother still lives.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#395 Post by spanningtree »

Thena

Reads the room and asks all nearby if they saw Torvik, Kade, Byrne, or Athen as she works her way to where Mave last saw them.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#396 Post by Rex »

Bryne

Keeps up her attacks.

Short Comp Bow [1d20+2]=8+2=10 to hit [1d6]=5 damage

Short Comp Bow [1d20+2]=18+2=20 to hit [1d6]=2 damage

Sorry, there was a screwed up roll between my rolls where I clicked the button before fixing my cut and paste.

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#397 Post by Edeldhur »

Athanasius

Injuries piling, still Athan continues swinging.

Zenith Attack (THAC015): [1d20]=1, Damage [1d8+6]=1+6=7

:P

tristenc
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#398 Post by tristenc »

Nis returns the hug firmly. You owe me nothing, my sister. If anything I owe you for protecting my charge when I was too addled to move! Truly it is De'ath's life that you have saved! But I gratefully accept your token of sisterhood, (meaning the necklace) I will have to find a suitable token your as as well. she giggles.

Seeing Lady Gallowhawk bloodied as well Nis gathers up her didters to check on the Lady. Her magic for this spent, If there are any mundane ministrations she can offer she will.

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#399 Post by Revenant »

“I prefer cats to people, for the most part. Most people aren't cute, & if they are cute they rapidly outgrow it.” ~ William S. Burroughs

The beast gets one last strike at Kade before Torvik moves in between him and the cat, missing first the plate-mail clad warrior and second the dwarven fighter-thief. But unfortunately, it seems Bryne is the only one capable of hitting the beast, plunking another arrow in its hide. Kade, Torvik and Athan all miss the creature, and Athan striking so hard at where he thinks the creature is, that he trips himself up and falls onto the jungle floor. The smaller beast tries yet again to hit Athan but luckily his fall causes the creature's tentacles to hit where he once stood.

------------------------------------------------------------

Thena wanders to the road and inquires about her friends and the Guard Captain now barking orders to his men turns to her and answers, "They went into the forest thataway, looking for the beast, little knowing it came here," pointing in the direction they went. As Morwen and Mave move to see to Lady Gallowhawk, Liviel approaches Thena and asks, "Are you going to look for them?"

Mediphera remarks to Niserie as they walk toward the injured woman, "It isn't necessary to give me anything in return dear, you already gave me my life." Morwen, Mave, Niserie, Mediphera and De'Ath all reach the area where Lady Gallowhawk is at the same time. At first the guards seem reluctant to break their protective circle around the Lord and Lady but the old man tells them to allow them to approach. He cradles the bloodied and unconscious body of his wife in his hands as Mave and Erel move holding hands looking for any sign of life. Morwen moves forward, "May I? I have some knowledge of healing." The paladin then moves and kneels beside the woman praying as she lays her hands on her. Mediphera then does the same and with De'Ath laying a hand on the elder witch's shoulder, she too prays for healing grace. Soon all three as well as Lord and Lady Gallowhawk are enveloped is a blue mist which seems to glow for several moments before fading. When it does, Lady Gallowhawk's eyes flutter open and she tries to speak but only an incoherent whisper comes out.

Cosima watching this exclaims, "Amazing."

Allies Injured: Athan (-9), Kade (-12), Mave (-2), Lady Gallowhawk (-10), Mediphera (now fully healed)

GreyWolfVT

#400 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Torvik keeps trying to hit the darned critter.
Duvan's Shortsword [1d20]=7 to hit, [1d6]=2 s/m dmg, [1d8]=4 lrg dmg

Return to “Nocturne (2e)”