Re: OOC THREAD FOUR....

#281 Post by Rex »

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#282 Post by max_vale »

Okay, I'm back! Apologies for the delay.....a new post is up, it's short...but post away when ready!

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#283 Post by ateno »

So do we need the ship or just access to the computer? I believe the later.

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#284 Post by kipper »

Yeah, I don't see why we'd need the actual ship. It's probably wise not to let Slythor on to what we really want. Maybe we could tell him we want the entire ship, then let him bargain us into just accepting the computer so he thinks he's getting a good deal by making us pay AND he gets to keep the ship... ?

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#285 Post by Starbeard »

I like the way you think.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#286 Post by Rex »

Worth a try.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#287 Post by max_vale »

Cool….I just need somebody to make a post and Game Mechanic wise, this can be either a Bargain, Con roll.

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#288 Post by kipper »

Apologies for my poor memory, can I have a quick summary of what our goal here on Alluuvia is?

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#289 Post by max_vale »

Hey there Kipper.....

No worries, it's been a year and a half since this Adventure started and I definitely should've thrown in a line or two about the 'what you're doing this for', so that's on me.....

Basically, the New Republic is in its infant stages and needs Metals along with hopefully making new Allies......the Elrood Sector is basically neutral but does still have an Imperial presences along with a couple of Mining Companies, one of which, Radell Mining Corporation (RMC), seemed willing to make formal trade deals with the New Republic.

So, the Grey Griffins were sent in and made a deal to establish a deal paying RMC to do the mining of any mineral rich worlds/mines that were found and in return the New Republic would get the ores. Also, 'ties' would be formed that might later lead to the worlds of the Elrood Sector joining the New Republic.

The Griffins journey into the Drift and found the water world of Alluuvia, whose rocky islands have a high metallic content and then the Griffins were captured by Pirates who may or may NOT have been paid by the Imperial remnants in the sector.....which also include IML; a mining company with Imperial ties (who are also suspected of being behind the Terrorist attack on the RMC corporate HQ while you guys were there).

Now that you have rescued the Griffins and rediscovered the coordinates to the world, you're completing the Griffins mission by ensuring the world really DOES have the ores suggested by the initial scans and touching down on some rocks to see if it's a suitable place to mine (and hopefully then using this as a good way to start the buisness/alliance with Elrood).

I hope that helps!

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#290 Post by max_vale »

Hey all! I should've explained a couple of things better in my last IC post....

The 'fish men' aliens on the world of Alluuvia are the Anguilla, one of whom, named Xactray, is talking to you in broken Common....they look like this:

[imgurl=]https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/starw ... 0830100046[/imgurl=]

The Ithorians are the well known 'Hammerhead' aliens; they are known to travel space in big 'Herd Ships' that are largely 'botanical gardens' in space and most are pacifist and deal in trade of plant goods. Xactray CLEARLY has had contact with them as he attempted to communicate first in their language, which you guys would know that it was Ithorian, but probably don't speak it well. (I.e. you might know somebody is talking French or Spanish or Japanese or whatever to you, but not be able to really say anything back)....

Apologies for not making that more clear!

Ithorians: [imgurl=]https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/swse/ ... 0830020156[/imgurl=]

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#291 Post by ateno »

People might multiple, trying to cover bases.

So I will be going into surgery tomorrow (Friday). Its a 2-3 hour surgery and 2-3 days in the hosp with 3-5 weeks off work. Please npc me appropriately until I am more coherent. :)

Eric

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#292 Post by Rex »

Good luck Eric! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#293 Post by max_vale »

I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible Eric, best of luck to you and your family sir!

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#294 Post by ateno »

All went well, not ready to jump right in, need to conserve my strength.

Doing well.

Eric

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#295 Post by Starbeard »

Glad to hear it, Eric! Rest up and get better.

Return to “WEG Star Wars 1st Edition d6”