And So It Begins: Eastdale

grokkngrognard
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: And So It Begins: Eastdale

#21 Post by dmw71 »

Tennyson enters the Saucy Wench with the sole intention of securing an available room, if any are available; but his immediately plans change after overhearing multiple others -- non-human others -- mention Dragon's Teeth Henge. That line of conversation certainly piques his interest.

Being an extremely cautious type, the tall human feigns disinterest and instead seeks a seat within hearing distance of those speaking of his intended destination. He doesn't engage the proprietor other than to inquire about a bed for the night, and also to order a loaf of bread with some cheese, and an ale to wash it all down with.

After his order is placed, he will nurse his drink and nibble slowly at his meal while focusing intently on any discussion of Dragon's Teeth Henge. He knows nothing of the place, so his goal is to use this time to inconspicuously drop eaves in hopes of gaining any advance knowledge he can use to his advantage.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#22 Post by Edeldhur »

Eldrohir (Elf Acolyte)

The young elf stepped hesitantly into the Saucy Wench - his dark green and brown colored attire dusty from the road, and his brow hair disheveled from the trip. Still his bright brow eyes shone as he observed the room with a smile.
Finding a place to sit relatively close to what seems to be a gathering of adventurers, he did not hesitate in grabbing it, and greeting both the innkeeper - "Well met Sir, I am Eldrohir, a traveling acolyte. And would request a mug of your house ale if possible" - and the gathered Dwarf, Halfling and Elf - "And well met to you travelers, it seems we are lucky to have escaped from the rain so far" - he smiled.

(Apologies for the delay in joining - busy couple of days!)

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by gurusql »

Joe

Joe sees that he gathered a bit of a crowd. "Nice to met you all, Diaara, Aelfric, Tennyson and Eldrohir. At first light I was planning on travelling to Dragon's Teeth Henge and hope Fortuna’s smiles on us. Would one or more of you like to explore the Hedge with me? After all iron and wood are stronger than iron alone."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Rex »

Diaara

"I am willing to go and can be ready for morning."

She sounds very excited.

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#25 Post by Edeldhur »

Eldrohir

"What is there to be found in this Dragon's Teeth Henge?" - Eldrohir asked curiously.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by gurusql »

Joe

Joe leans in and says, "I could spin tales orcs that have controlled it in the past or goblins that thought they would control the area but the truth is I have no idea who controls it a this time, if any one and if we can find clues that take us beyond the known map even better. I am suggesting that we take the journey together."

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#27 Post by Edeldhur »

Eldrohir

"Understood" - he nodded - "We could help bring peace to the area, and safety for this community" - the man nodded - "I will accompany you"

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#28 Post by spanningtree »

Tennyson

Scratches at his chin as Joe relates his knowledge: It is fortuitous to have crossed paths with all of you, well met. I am Tennyson, an elf in search of adventure and Dragon's Teeth Henge sounds like scratch to that itch. I will make my way with you.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Rex »

Diaara

"Welcome Tennyson."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by gurusql »

Joe

When nervous Joe seems to repeat himself (or since it has been a while bring it to the fore-front) "Nice to met you all! At first light I am travelling to Dragon's Teeth Henge and hope Fortuna’s smiles on us. But I suspect that something not so friendly will be waiting for us there. Any that wish to join this expedition are welcome. After all iron and wood are stronger than iron alone."

Joe will try and get a room for the night from Blackburn.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by spanningtree »

Tennyson

Knocking his quarter staff twice in the floor: I agree! Were off in the morning. Tennyson inquires about a room for the night and a simple meal, intending to turn in fairly early. When the keep comes around: Blackburn is it? Well met.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Rex »

Diaara

"I will be at the door to the inn at dawn. Ready to go."

She heads home for the night.

Return to “The Forbidden Caverns of Archaia (Dragonslayer RPG)”