Large Number of Views

If you need support for dice roller or the forums, post here.
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Large Number of Views

#1 Post by Eris »

It's not a problem, I don't think, but some threads seem to have a very, very, large number of views in relation to the number of posts.

Is that "lurkers" reading along in forums, just anxious players doing multiple checks, or a bug of some kind?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Large Number of Views

#2 Post by shaidar »

In the last few months there have been a large number of bots going around scraping phpbb forums like this one. One side effect is that you get a distorted number of views. You can see there are a very large number of 'guests' sometimes.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Large Number of Views

#3 Post by dmw71 »

Believe me, Ron and I are extremely busy filtering out spam from bots. It has been crazy.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Return to “Help and Support”