Maps

Nemesis
Nemesis
Guide
Guide

Maps

#1 Post by Nemesis »

A place to store player-created dungeon maps.

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

Old Ruins

#2 Post by BaltoBruiser »

I will place updated maps here: as of 4/11/24 post #468
Updated Map.png
Updated Map.png (33.37 KiB) Viewed 60 times
Last edited by BaltoBruiser on Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Maps

#3 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Richard peered into the room, now illuminated by Quinn's torch, and found no dangers. Although the room stood empty, there were signs it's been gotten a lot of use lately. At the south end of the room is a large table surrounded by a few chairs. There is a large crudely-made mug sitting on the table. It is empty but still contained the dregs of cheap wine at the bottom.
This room was searched for secret doors and none were found. It appears that this room may been used recently but there was nothing found there.

Gurkidd can see the outline of a forge at the far end of the room; the torchlight doesn't reach that far. To the east of the doorway, an old lamp hangs forlornly, its glass filled with cobwebs and dust.
This is the room with a scythe trap in the 10' square inside the secret door. There forge was investigated. It appears to not have seen any use in a long time. The party encountered 2 hobgoblins outside upon exiting this room.

From their view, near the entrance, the torch illuminated the room, revealing a nearly empty space, with shards of pottery scattered across the floor.
The room appears to be an old storeroom with pottery shards. Quinn copied the ruins from the pieced together pottery shards.

The room -- A 5x3 grid -- seemed to have seen a lot of traffic through the years, but it appeared to have been recently used to keep wild animals. The party could see a large cage with bits of black fur in it, with a belt next to it hanging on a rack.
The party could not identify the animal which left the black fur and found nothing else in this room.

Richard slowly opened the door. The light from Quinn's torch illuminated what appeared to be a small room (a 2x2 grid). In the corners, the party noticed sever piles of bones.

Silence. Then... the unmistakable sound of bones clacking together. Three undead warriors turned toward the party, sword and shield at the ready.
The room where we nearly lost Richard to the skeletons.

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Maps

#4 Post by BaltoBruiser »

With Miranda

The light revealed what appeared to be a kitchen.

From their point of view, the party noticed a shallow pit in the floor, surrounded by stones, likely used for cooking or warmth. They could also see a wide table; an empty scroll case and clear sat near the edge.
The scroll case contained a flash trap with shards of glass.

The light from Quinn's torch poured into the room, revealing a holding
cell. Chains and manacles hung from the walls. Large pieces of straw
and hay lay scattered on the floor; it seemed to have been a place for
someone imprisoned in this room slept.

A foul order hung in the corner of a cell where a metal pan stood.
Note found in this room:
To whomever finds this:

My name is Fonkin Loudmantle. I have been locked in this cell for ... an
untold number of days, held by a group of nefarious characters. I have
been kidnapped from my home in Dale.

If you are reading this, one of three things may have happened to me:

1. I have escaped from this place. You may have seen a yellow triangle
etched near the floor at the entrance of this place. That was my signal,
and you are free from your mission to find me, if that is what
originally brought you here.

2. These fools have taken me deeper into this hole, where I might
still be alive.

3. I am dead, and my corpse lies rotting in this room. Please relay this
most unfortunate news to the current mayor of Dale.

Yours in truth,
Fonkin

Return to “Chronicles from the Vale (Basic Fantasy)”