Exploring Otari - Locales and Locals

hedgeknight
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Exploring Otari - Locales and Locals

#21 Post by hedgeknight »

Captain Lardus shakes his head and sighs. "A bounty hunter, eh? And what help can you be? You after someone in my town? You think this is their handiwork?"
Winter is coming...

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by ateno »

"Elwood, sir, I'm Tuga, what happened and how can I help?"

Tuga

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#23 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Elwood "I ain't found tha fella yet but yeah coulda been his work. Man goes by tha name The Eel. Halfling slippery bastard." he says to the captain "How can I help are yah daft? Didna I just tell ya me an a group of folk just leadered out a whole mess a large rats, spiders an kobolds beneath yer town." he turns to Tuga "Dunno what happened Tuga tryin ta find that out an help. Well me uh Sir Tuga."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by ateno »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:45 pm Elwood "I ain't found tha fella yet but yeah coulda been his work. Man goes by tha name The Eel. Halfling slippery bastard." he says to the captain "How can I help are yah daft? Didna I just tell ya me an a group of folk just leadered out a whole mess a large rats, spiders an kobolds beneath yer town." he turns to Tuga "Dunno what happened Tuga tryin ta find that out an help. Well me uh Sir Tuga."
Tuga looks at Elwood with a suprised face.

"The Eel, THE EEL!
Tuga lowers his voice.
I have been tracking him down the river kingdoms, down the Sellen, I almost trapped him in Erran. He sacrificed a companion to get away. Your a bounty hunter, I just want my Grandma's heirloom. How long have you tracked him?

Tuga

GreyWolfVT

#25 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Elwood "We both been trackin the bastard the same amount then by tha sounds of it. He lives up ta his name slippery like an eel."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by ateno »

"We can take about our coincidence later. What happened here and how does affect the town, and how does it tie in with the Eel?"

Tuga

GreyWolfVT

#27 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Elwood "This was his last known location accordin ta my sources, and where tha trail went cold."

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#28 Post by ateno »

"So what happened here and what makes you think it was the eel?"

Tuga

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by hedgeknight »

Captain Lardus steps up to Elwood and Tuga and says, "Look. I don't know who the hell you're going on about, but if you want to help with this situation, you can start by following me back to the Garrison. At least there we can marshal our forces and try and figure out what my officers have gleaned from this mess. Unless, of course, you have some magical way," he wiggles his fingers, "of determining who's behind this. This Eel fellow? Never heard of him."
Winter is coming...

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by ateno »

"I'm ok with that? Elwood?

Tuga

GreyWolfVT

#31 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Elwood nods his head "Yup, lead on Captain."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by hedgeknight »

Tuga and Elwood follow Captain Lardus to the main northern intersection which is pretty much clogged with townsfolk. Lots of questions are slung at the Captain who just grimaces and keeps walking. Tuga and Elwood can feel the tension among the people, as if they are about to become an angry mob intent on destruction.
As the trio turns right to head down the long street to the garrison, another man calls out and the Captain stops in his tracks. "Shit," he murmurs. "It's the mayor."
Oseph-Menhemes.png
Oseph-Menhemes.png (23.5 KiB) Viewed 1241 times
The mayor looks past Captain Lardus to Tuga and Elwood, and then back to the captain. "Well? What happened, Captain? And who are these...gentlemen with you?"
"Well Mayor, someone blew up a small building right near the library. We don't have the culprit in hand...yet, but my best men are on it. I am convinced we will have him in chains in the Garrison before dusk. Oh, and these two...well, they are new to town. They've been helping out at the Fishery."
The Mayor returns his attention to the diminutive pair and says, "Is that so? And what problems are there at the Fishery? Who are you gents?"
Winter is coming...

GreyWolfVT

#33 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Elwood greets the mayor offering him a slight bow or handshake whatever the case may be "Greetin's mayor. Elwood is tha name and bounty huntin is me job. Helped clear out some dog sized rats, kobolds, undead an giant spiders beneath the old tavern. Some interestin stuff under this town."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by hedgeknight »

"Ah, well, I, uh wasn't informed about any of that," the mayor murmurs somewhat nervously and unclearly. He stammers a bit more, looking around at the townsfolk who are staring at the group, and then says, "Carry on Captain. Report to me when you can." And walks off.

Captain Lardus frowns, watching the mayor walk away, then shrugs and turns back to the road, heading to the Garrison.
Winter is coming...

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#35 Post by ateno »

After a distance in a low voice

"Well that was supportive and shows leadership. What should Elwood and I do?"

Tuga

GreyWolfVT

#36 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Elwood nods his head "Aye captain what would ya like us ta do ta help?"

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by hedgeknight »

Continued here:
viewtopic.php?t=13106
Winter is coming...

Return to “Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion (Pathfinder 2e)”