OOC II

Rex
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: OOC II

#501 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Rex wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:59 pm
Ahlmzhad wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:34 pm OK, I think this is right, let me know if its not.

Tarotry +2 from 68 - 70
Savorya +3 from 64 - 67
Nope. Only skills less than 50 ML are eligible (those are 68 and 64 ML). Otherwise it would be correct. You will be getting some skill maintenance points shortly for your down time that you can use to try to increase those skills.
Sorry misread that. So,:

Physician +4, 36-40
Unarmed combat +1 from 39 - 40

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#502 Post by Rex »

Ahlmzhad wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:19 pm
Rex wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:59 pm
Ahlmzhad wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:34 pm OK, I think this is right, let me know if its not.

Tarotry +2 from 68 - 70
Savorya +3 from 64 - 67
Nope. Only skills less than 50 ML are eligible (those are 68 and 64 ML). Otherwise it would be correct. You will be getting some skill maintenance points shortly for your down time that you can use to try to increase those skills.
Sorry misread that. So,:

Physician +4, 36-40
Unarmed combat +1 from 39 - 40
Good choices. Physician is one of those skills that always seem to be needed. :D

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#503 Post by Marullus »

Rex wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:12 am As we work on some new characters I thought I would do a quick reminder of who/what we have now.

Arngeir, Ivinian (viking human) male Cleric
Murgar, Ivinian (viking human ) male Seer (Savoryan Shek-Pvar, aka divination/mind mage)
Algrim, Khuzdul (dwarf) male Lockcrafter (Clansman)
Eldura (aka Turnip), Thardic (imperial human) female Thief (aka adventures)

In the works
Chybisian (feudal human) male Herald
Khuzdul (dwarf) male Miner (Clansman)
Thanks, that's super helpful!!

I have a great love of dwarves, so much in fact that I backed the Azadmere expansion Kickstarter without ever having played HarnMaster. :) With a miner and a locksmith in the party, I'd like to make an Esoteric Dwarf, with magic/runes and herbalism. I'll go through the character generation and see how it goes...

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#504 Post by Rex »

Sounds good. Dwarves are best know for metal and artifice magic but also fire and earth and life cycles. They also have some of the best alchemists.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#505 Post by GreyWolfVT »

welcome Marullus!
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#506 Post by sulldawga »

hey Marullus!

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Burzyn Bound

#507 Post by Marullus »

Question for the group:

What is the theme/feel of the current campaign and your characters? Are we dark and gritty, or noble and heroic?

I have worked through and developed a character and reached a decision point. I am happy with either choice, and that the result to best-fit with the theme and the other characters.
Which character would you and your character prefer to join-up with?

Either way, Lharzin is the bastard love-child of a rather important Dwarven Clanlead's extramarital affiar with her guilded apothecarist mother. Born under the Sign of the Dragon and, perhaps fulfilling ancient prophesy, she evidenced strange and eldritch powers quite unusual among the Khudzul. Evan as a child they realized that, when she walks in her dreams, she walks the real world and sees that which she should not know, and that she found solace in the deep tunnels and caverns listening to the mountain speak of ancient lore, because for her the walls really DO talk. Whether from an imbalance of nature or trauma of childhood, also evolved a violent and uncontrollable temper, much like a firy dragon herself. To help her overcome her temper and harness her eldritch nature (and to move her out of sight as her father politics around the uncomfortable truth of her bastard existence), she was sent to be cloistered at a chantry among the Shek Pvar.

Option 1: (Dark and Gritty)
She was trained to embrace her fire and anger, as the wizards seek most to unlock her inner power. She has learned to face and use her rage and frenzy, not to fear it. Her inner fire also lends itself to the forge and she can smelt items and weapons (and imbue them with firy enchantment).
(Peleahn convocation, Fire magic. Skills of Alchemy, Cookery, Weaponcraft, Metalcraft)

Option 2: (Noble and heroic)
She was trained to balance her fiery anger with the immutable power of earth and life. By focusing on life force, healing, and the growing of things, she can keep her fiery nature in check. Her anger and rage is a liability she balances and controls, containing and hiding it (until she can't).
(Fyvria convocation, Earth/life magic. Skills of Agriculture, Herblore, Foraging, Animalcraft, Tracking, Survival, Embalming, Physician)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#508 Post by Rex »

That is an interesting question.

They saved a caravan and discovered a hidden dwarven key along the way.

The key led them to a long abandoned dwarven outpost where they met the ghost of its ancient caretaker. Should mention they defeated an Orc patrol/hunting party along the way.

They located and gave proper burial to the ghosts earthly remains, thus freeing it to move on to its reward.

Tracked and killed a Drake (land dragon), claiming its horde.

Met and negotiated with the Baron who holds the lands the outpost is on. Agreed to go on a griffin hunt with the Barons and other important people.

Either option works but I am very interested to hear what those involved think of it.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#509 Post by shaidar »

Interesting. I think we're somewhere in the middle.

If dark and gritty is 1 and noble and heroic is 10, I think I'd place us at a 6. I think we all have our reasons for looking for wealth and influence, but we're not quite a band of roving murder-hobos, but are looking for our own advancement via generally positive means.

I can see advantages with either character version. With the type of circles we are looking to move in to set some of this up the angry fiery version could make things interesting, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#510 Post by sulldawga »

Can someone advise me on best way to upload the PDF of my character sheet?

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#511 Post by sulldawga »

I'd generally say that, unless we're desperate for more healing, play the one you want. I feel like, from reading the threads, we're gritty but not dark, and also noble and heroic but not too selfless.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#512 Post by Marullus »

You should be able to attach it right to a post - below the submit button, toggle it from the Options tab to the Attachments tab, then click the Add Files button. Once you've uploaded it on one post (say, the Character Sheets thread) you can link to the URL from anywhere else.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#513 Post by Rex »

I have just been using the attachments tab below. It won't handle real big PDF's but it handles the character sheet just fine.
PDF Clip.PNG
PDF Clip.PNG (41.29 KiB) Viewed 9810 times

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#514 Post by Rex »

Sorry, cross post. What Marullus said.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#515 Post by Rex »

I merged in the OOC posts from the Buryzn Bound topic into this one. Hopefully it doesn't confuse anyone to much.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#516 Post by Ahlmzhad »

I'm probably more on the gritty side. Son of a local cheif's son and the village seeres. My Uncle was our protector, but Mom died and I figured it was better to get out of dodge. Mainly trying to find a way to live reasonably and do no harm (to good people). I'm more focused on my visions, readings, and use my crafts warily to aid others.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#517 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sorry for my absence I got Covid late last week and it got worse over the weekend. I'm slowly starting to feel better but still not great.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#518 Post by sulldawga »

Sorry to hear it but glad you're feeling better.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#519 Post by Ahlmzhad »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:05 pm Sorry for my absence I got Covid late last week and it got worse over the weekend. I'm slowly starting to feel better but still not great.
Hang in there and I hope it's over soon.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#520 Post by Rex »

That stinks Ed. I hope you are better soon. I hope you ride the storm out tonight/tomorrow fine, supposed to be 65mph winds and wet heavy snow up here.

Return to “Rex's HarnWorld Campaign (HarnMaster Sandbox)”