Market & Lodge

hedgeknight
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Market & Lodge

#1 Post by hedgeknight »

Tuga waits until Keeleno is more steady, fidigiting slightly.
"We gathered some well made man traps yesterday, I heard you might be interested in them.
Tuga moves up and places the 3 on the table.
"I washed my blood off them, Ha. I figured I would offer them to you first."

Keleeno grunts at the attempted joke, but does take a good look at the traps, checking their hinges and "jaws," nodding in approval at their manufacture. He takes an old rag out of his back pocket and wipes the sweat from his face. He then takes a small leather pouch out of his front pocket and pours the contents out on the table. Tuga sees a lot of silver and a few gold pieces, along with a handful of bronze. Keleeno counts out three gold and five silver pieces, pushing them toward Tuga. "Got any more like these? I'll take all ya got."
The lodge owner coughs a few times and swallows hard. "Where'd ya get these, anyway?"
Winter is coming...

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Market & Lodge

#2 Post by ateno »

hedgeknight wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:14 am "Got any more like these? I'll take all ya got."
The lodge owner coughs a few times and swallows hard. "Where'd ya get these, anyway?"
"Well its no secret, I and a few others last night went under the ale house to check out missing supplies, we found organized Kobolds, a few undead, and a terrible mess, we stepped in these near the last fight. I cleaned them for you. If I see others, you get first refusal. Can I have the gold in silvers so I can easily split with my friends."

Tuga

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by hedgeknight »

Keleeno grunts again, sweating profusely despite the chill in the air, and fetches a small box from under the counter. He opens it, pulls out a pair of leather gloves, and puts them on. He then counts the silver out of the box, shoving it toward Tuga.
"Ya ever hunt wolves? I'm looking fer good pelts."
Winter is coming...

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by ateno »

hedgeknight wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:29 pm "Ya ever hunt wolves? I'm looking fer good pelts."
"Honestly, I came from a circus, last night. Besides a couple fights as a young one, last night was the first time I used my weapon. But i will keep you in mind; you need the brain for tanning, right?"

Tuga

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by hedgeknight »

Keleenor shrugs. "Don't give a shit about their brains or their flesh. I just want their hides."
The big man sniffs and shudders, wipes the sweat from his brow and then looks up at Tuga.. "The circus? Where was that?"
Winter is coming...

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by ateno »

"Last time I was with them, I was at the city-state of Tymon up north. Had some things happening and took my leave. I'm new here obviously, besides the stuff in the basement has there been any other problems around here?"

Doos

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by hedgeknight »

Keleenor snorts. "There's always problems around here. Just depends on who you ask. The Lumber Consortium has its claws in this town, as does a guild of thieves and rogues. Pirates constantly patrol the waters. Ghosts haunt the ruins. Wolves hunt...and kill..."
He trails off, suddenly angry and bleary-eyed.
And then, a loud explosion shakes the lodge! People start screaming and shouting outside in the Market, and Keleenor rushes outside to see what happened. Following him, Tuga sees a large plume of smoke northeast of the lodge, debris falling through the air back to the ground.
"What the actual fuck?" Keleenor says.
Winter is coming...

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by ateno »

"What is in that dorection?"

Tuga

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by hedgeknight »

It takes a moment or two for Tuga's question to register with Keleeno.
The man is still in somewhat of a shock, but says, "Could be someone's home or business. The library maybe?"
Winter is coming...

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by ateno »

"What's the best way to get there? I'm heading there to help."

Tuga bags his silver and puts his new hat on.

Tuga

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by hedgeknight »

Keleenor gives Tuga directions and the Gnome takes off toward the commotion.
Once out in the street, it's easy to follow the crowd of onlookers. The building is in shambles and folks are passing Tuga with burned and smoking bits of it, perhaps as souvenirs or something. Squirming his way through, he sees a heavily armored man shouting orders, while other guards in blue gear stand around to keep the crowds at bay.
And then...he sees Elwood approach the armored man and begin to talk to him.

Please continue your posts in the Locales and Locals thread here: viewtopic.php?t=13076&start=20
Winter is coming...

Return to “Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion (Pathfinder 2e)”