#221 Post by Rex »

Good luck with everything Dave.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Pregame Discussion

#222 Post by dmw71 »

I share this with my most sincere of apologies:

While there was an understanding, due to the customization taking place for this game, that it would be a while before it actually gets started --

Unfortunately, I have formally decided to take (at least) the month of October off from gaming, or game prep.

I have been out of work since April 3rd. Initially, I wasn't even looking for new work, but when May approached and our benefits were set to expire, that's when things changed.

Rejections followed every job application since (except one, at a movie theater, which I ultimately had to turn down because $15.50 per hour won't really support a family of four).

A member here on the forums (whom I am eternally indebted to) has turned me onto a different technology role that, at present, I am not qualified for. But, I am actively working on training courses to obtain certification that will give me the confidence to at least apply.

I need to take this seriously, and, while I thought I would be able to juggle training for this certificate and running a game (or two) here on the forums -- all I feel is guilt when I attempt to do anything D&D related since, between the two activities, I know my time is best served working towards landing a job.

I've signed up for two different training courses. One doesn't say how long it will take (there are 21.5 hours worth of videos, and other users has said it takes approximately two months; the other course says it will take six months, but again, people say it can be completed in half that or less).

Either way, I need to distance myself from gaming for a month or two to give myself a serious shot at landing a new role.

This is just a postponement -- not a cancellation -- so hopefully no one abandons hope, but knowing I will be tabling any work on this for at least a month, I am leaning towards moving this to the archived section (to be restored later).

Apologies, again!
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#223 Post by SocraticLawyer »

No worries at all mate. Take care of yourself and your family. Sending thoughts, prayers, and good vibes your way.

If you get to a point where you can game again, I'll be here. :)
How do we know you're not a donkey-brained man?

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#224 Post by gurusql »

Always, real life first. Best of luck and we will be here when you are ready.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#225 Post by GreyWolfVT »

No worries Dave. We're all understanding enough to know RL first, life happens. We'll be here when you're ready. BTW I got my job that is listed with certs required and they hired me with none as I have "equiv." years of experience apparently and a college degree. So far nobody has said I need to get a cert. But I have done the prep for one and know what is required.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#226 Post by cybersavant »

will be here when the game is ready
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#227 Post by shaidar »

What everyone has already said. Real life comes first, we will be waiting. Good Luck.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#228 Post by Rex »

I think everything has been said Dave, but take your time and good luck to you and your family. My prayers are with you.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#229 Post by hedgeknight »

As one of my former principals used to say, "Family first."
Take care, Dave.
Winter is coming...

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#230 Post by Rex »

I am heading into the woods for a few days and then off to visit my Mom for the rest of the week. I may be able to check in once or twice over the next week. Feel free to NPC my character(s) as you see fit.

Have a great week everyone!

Return to “Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)”