Interest check - The Crystal of Lumina [experiment]

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Interest check - The Crystal of Lumina [experiment]

#1 Post by sastaz »

In the days of yore, nestled within the heart of a dense, enchanted forest, there existed a hamlet called Eldenbrook. Long before its humble cottages and cobbled pathways emerged, the land was said to be guarded by the spirit of an Ancient Intellect. This ethereal being, shrouded in mystery, was believed to possess unparalleled wisdom and magical prowess.

According to the legend passed down through generations, the Ancient Intellect was a guardian of ancient secrets, a sorcerer of immense power who could commune with the elements and spirits of the forest. It was said that the hamlet of Eldenbrook flourished under the watchful gaze of this enigmatic entity. The villagers revered the Ancient Intellect, attributing the hamlet's prosperity and harmony to the benevolent presence that dwelled among them.

The Intellect was described as a figure of wisdom, with eyes as deep as ancient wells, and a voice that resonated like the whispering winds. The hamlet's inhabitants would seek the Intellect's counsel in times of crisis, and it was believed that the Intellect guided them with visions and cryptic dreams, foretelling both prosperity and danger.

As centuries passed, the legend of the Ancient Intellect became intertwined with the very fabric of Eldenbrook. Though the physical presence of the Intellect faded into whispers and echoes, its wisdom was said to linger, guiding the hamlet's leaders and ensuring that the hamlet remained a haven of peace and magic in the midst of the enchanted forest.

In recent years, a shadow fell upon Eldenbrook as a dark sorcerer named Malachar, envious of the hamlet's prosperity, sought to harness the Ancient Intellect's mystical powers for his own nefarious purposes. Using forbidden spells, Malachar weakened the magical wards protecting Eldenbrook, allowing malevolent creatures to invade the once-tranquil hamlet. Crops withered, the river ran dry, and the forest, once a source of protection, became a place of danger.

To restore prosperity and harmony to Eldenbrook, a band of courageous adventurers must embark on a perilous quest. Their first task involves delving deep into the heart of the enchanted forest to find the lost Shrine of Renewal, an ancient sanctuary rumored to hold the key to restoring the hamlet's magic. Within the shrine, they must retrieve a sacred artifact, the Crystal of Lumina, which is said to have the power to amplify the dwindling magic of Eldenbrook.

However, the journey is fraught with challenges. Along the way, the adventurers must navigate treacherous terrain, face cunning traps, and confront the corrupted creatures that Malachar has unleashed. As they progress, they uncover clues about the Ancient Intellect's true nature and the origin of Eldenbrook's prosperity.

I've been willing to try this for some time now - to let an AI generate the content. The text above was fully AI generated. I was hoping some of you would be willing to join me in this experiment?
  • 1e or more specifically Labyrinth Lord Advanced Edition, a retro clone of 1e
  • GM rolls made open, fudge free (and by that possibly a bit lethal at lower levels)
  • Text and ideas provided by AI
  • I will move the plot/action forward Wednesdays and Sundays, PCs of players that miss an update will be NPCd and always choose the safest action possible
Anyone intrested? :)
Last edited by sastaz on Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Interest check - The Crystal of Lumina [experiment]

#2 Post by Rex »

If I don't have Labyrinth Lord Advanced Edition (I thought I did but can't find it), will just using 1e be close enough for me to make a character and follow along?

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by sastaz »

Yes, you could just use 1e! The Advanced LL is more for me - I did not grow up with 1e and I have a really hard time finding stuff - the disposition in those books is...hard to follow. Advanced LL and 1e is supposed to be exactly the same system, only with the IP of A Certain Company removed.
Last edited by sastaz on Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by shaidar »

You can the no-art version of Labyrinth Lord and the LL Advanced Edition for free on the Drivethrough Rpg site.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Rex »

I think I have them somewhere, just can't seem to find them. Way to many RPG PDF's.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by sastaz »

1e will work just fine, it's the same rules 99%

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Rex »

I am in then, unless you get lots of players. Then I will step down so someone else can play.

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#8 Post by BaltoBruiser »

I would love to try this. I do not have the Labyrinth Lord rules but if they are that close to 1e, I think I can figure it out.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#9 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I'll help out with this experiment if you find yourself needing another player.

Return to “Looking for players or games”