Searchers for Adventure (Tiny Dungeon hack)

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Searchers for Adventure (Tiny Dungeon hack)

#1 Post by Eris »

Hello folks!

Is anyone interested in having some fun with a highly hacked Tiny Dungeon based game set in the a highly hacked Nentir Vale setting?

Background:
I have been going back and forth between Searchers of the Unknown and Tiny Dungeon for the past month or so trying to distill a rules light, easy to run on a forum, rpg. SotU has a hack made for that, but dang it I really want to try out TD.

So, I thought "Let's hack on TD first and see how it plays pbp. If it works on a single Adventure, and everyone has fun, maybe we can make it multiple adventures. :)

Here's my hack which I called Searchers for Adventure.

Now, where to set it? Well, Nentir Vale was 4th edition's setting and most people haven't played there, I've already done some hacking there, so that area might be fun to explore.

The Nentir Vale is a Points of Light setting where there was once a civilization but now has declined to nothing. Today there are 3 or 4 towns and a few villages scattered over quite large area with the rest wilderness teaming with monsters, ruins and forgotten points of interest. It is hemmed in on the north by a large lake, the south by a large swamp, and to the east and west by mountain ranges. Outside of narrow corridors, along rivers and roads, connecting the few towns it is basically unknown territory....ready to be explored! So, the game will be set in my version of Nentir Vale.
Setup:
You'll start in Fallcrest, but immediately be hired for a mission to take place a couple of days north to deal with some pesky Goblins that are threatening a village, and more importantly river traffic between Fallcrest and Lakeside. The PC's are basically 1st level (although there aren't really levels in TD) but have worked together on a minor mission already in Fallcrest...so they know each other.

Your mission is to go up the Dragon river to the village of Old Bridge and evict the Goblins from the ruins there. A troop of soldiers will arrive in a month's time to occupy the ruins, but the Merchant's Guild want the Goblins gone much sooner than that so they have hired your party to deal with it! Run off the Goblins and earn a 20 gold piece reward...each! Succeed and Survive and the Merchant's Guild will have other tasks for your party or maybe you'll want to go off exploring on your own. You are Adventurers after all!
Appeal:
I'll accept as many as 8 players if that many are interested. Posts will be 4 or 5 times a week, sometimes more. I would expect everyone to check in, at least, daily. The action will be mostly Theater of the Mind. I trust players to roll their own dice, although using Unseen Servant's Dice Roller is convenient. I suspect the first adventure will take 3 to 4 months (real time) to finish. If the system works and the adventure is fun we can continue past the first adventure, but I'm not looking for a longer commitment than one adventure.

If I get 2 or 3 players to commit for this one adventure I'll request a forum and we can start a game.

Any questions? Any takers?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Searchers for Adventure (Tiny Dungeon hack)

#2 Post by joertexas »

Sure, I'll play.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by ateno »

I'm in.

Eric

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by Eris »

Okay, that's 2!

I'm requesting a Forum for us: Nentir Vale Adventures (SFA/TD hack)

I'll clearly take a few more folks, so if you'd like to give it a try let me know!

Eris
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#5 Post by bruce.desertrat »

It should be fun and fortunately work isn't completely monstering my time...
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:55 am It should be fun and fortunately work isn't completely monstering my time...
Cool! That's 3! :)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by Eris »

JR, Eric and Bruce you've been added to Nentir Vale Adventures (SFA/TD Hack). It is at the bottom of the list of games. I have an Out Of Game thread set up that you can chat in while I start getting things ready.

Everyone, I'm still taking players for this game.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by ffilz »

Sounds light and interesting, count me in.

Frank
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by Eris »

ffilz wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:51 pm Sounds light and interesting, count me in.

Frank
You're welcome to join Frank! I'll add you to the game. Come on over to Nentir Vale Adventures (SFA/TD Hack)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

bobk2323
Tracker
Tracker

#10 Post by bobk2323 »

Eris wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:45 pm Any questions? Any takers?
I'd like to play. Trying out a new ruleset is always a lot of fun. :)

--
Bob K.
--
Bob K.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by Eris »

bobk2323 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:51 pm
Eris wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:45 pm Any questions? Any takers?
I'd like to play. Trying out a new ruleset is always a lot of fun. :)

--
Bob K.
Well, hey Bob! Yes, you can play!! I'll add you to the game right now. Come on over and make a character and join the party. They are still on the boat traveling up the Silver River toward Berm.

Eris
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Return to “Looking for players or games”