The Original B2

OGRE MAGE
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

The Original B2

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Since we are waxing nostalgic in this game, I thought it might be fun to post portions of the original B/X adventure as we play along in this revised edition. (no spoilers) :lol: Feel free to share stories or comments you have about your own experiences with the adventure.

Here is the cover of B2 in all its glory. Notice any similarities to the 25th anniversary cover? :mrgreen:
IMG_1880.jpeg
IMG_1880.jpeg (138.7 KiB) Viewed 316 times
IMG_1887.jpeg
IMG_1887.jpeg (112.9 KiB) Viewed 316 times

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: The Original B2

#2 Post by OGRE MAGE »

* One of the things I remember about reading this as a kid was all the new words I learned. This glossary was a helpful learning tool on a young, impressionable mind.
IMG_1895.jpeg
IMG_1895.jpeg (84.71 KiB) Viewed 278 times

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: The Original B2

#3 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I love the nod to B2 in the intro of this adventure.
Of the hundreds of adventures published by TSR over the last twenty-five years, B2, Keep on the Borderland holds a special place in the hearts and memories of a whole generation of gamers. For many, it was the first adventure they ever played; literally hundreds of thousands of players and Dungeon Masters cut their teeth on "the Caves of Chaos" as their first dungeon delving. While we will never know the exact number, there's every reason to think that more people have played this adventure than any other in the history of roleplaying games.

Return to “Revisiting the Classics: Mod 1 “Return to Kendall Keep” (1e)”