(8) Astrologers Tower

OGRE MAGE
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: (8) Astrologers Tower

#101 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Taibhse

Taibhse acknowledges Belloc's nod, and listens as the three approach. He smiles as Tuurma's aromatic description. "Well this is not the work of the staff, but of the work to learn about the staff. I believe we would be happy to hear this proposition, but let us find a place where Belloc can rest, and we will talk. Is there a worthy inn nearby where a room could be found?

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by sastaz »

Tuurma looks sideways at Amos.

"Amos, do you know of any rooms for rent in Xambaala? Our friend here needs a few days to sober up before we're able to help you properly."

She checks to see if Cormag, Taibhse and Belloc seem to approve.

"Depending on the ehrm nature of the request, of course" she adds.

Looking at the Xambaala map I only see taverns.

Also, we want Ceana to be able to join before we leave, so that's another reason to wait a day or two. But we should hear Amos out immediately, I think? Do you agree?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#103 Post by OGRE MAGE »

While the companions greet one another, the one-eyed stranger accompanying Tuurma and Cormag just stares at them with an unassuming grin. Once he is asked about rooms, he immediately goes back into his recruitment spiel, speaking to the group in the street loudly.

Amos.jpeg
Amos.jpeg (102.54 KiB) Viewed 736 times

"As I have told you many times already lovely Miss Tuurma, those of us at The Grotto of Rel would welcome you and your friends with open arms and the utmost hospitality. You can stay there absolutely free, with no strings attached whatsoever. You can take all the time you need to heal up or get sober, those of us residing at the temple do not judge the needs of strangers, as we were all strangers there once ourselves. I will introduce you to my master, and if he can find work that suits your expertise, discussion of possible employment may follow."

He squints his only remaining eye at each of you, trying to gauge your reaction before finishing.

"And I just know he will be delighted to meet you, my dear Tuurma."

The guards at the Tower doors don't pay your party any heed, ignoring you completely now that you have moved away from Tower grounds.

Actions?

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#104 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Taibhse

Taibhse listens somewhat impatiently to the stranger. "Well it seems Tuurma knows where to find you, for now we have things we must see to. Thank you but for now we're fine." With that he'll move towards the tavern he knows keeping his eye open for inns. He'll also whisper to Belloc regarding any place he may know that they can go to where he can be put to bed.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by sastaz »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:37 am "And I just know he will be delighted to meet you, my dear Tuurma."
Tuurma looks back at Amos, intrigued.

"Well, that certainly sounds interesting. There's no time like the present, let's go see your Master, Amos."

Tuurma and Cormag will join Amos going to the Grotto. My current roll call for this [potential] quest is, as of now, Tuurma, Cormag, Ceana, Taibhse and Belloc. Let me know if I got anyone wrong.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#106 Post by OGRE MAGE »

sastaz wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:14 pm My current roll call for this [potential] quest is, as of now, Tuurma, Cormag, Ceana, Taibhse and Belloc. Let me know if I got anyone wrong.

Are the PC’s listed here actually interested in this possibility?

It already sounds to me like Taibhse and Belloc have other intentions, but I might be misreading that.

You can see how much participation we get from some of our less active players, so do you want Tuurma and Cormag to investigate this while the others do their own thing?

It seems we have some contradicting goals at this point.

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#107 Post by Belkregos »

OOC: Belloc just needs to rest a bit, im not sure about going with a stranger to enlist in a cult right would be the first thing to do but does want to help Tuurma :)
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by sastaz »

Yes, let's have Tuurma and Cormag go to the grotto, and then we'll see if the others are interested in jumping on the train :)

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#109 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Taibhse is actually quite concerned about this "offer", and has no intention on ever looking this guy up again and is trying to get Belloc to a place where he can get him in a bed to guard over him while he recovers.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#110 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Taibhse gets Belloc to a cheap boarding house the mage stayed at once in the Docks District. It isn't lavish by any means, but he will be able to rest out the day (and night?) in a private room, being tended to by his companion, for the price of 1 gold coin.

If you two can give me an idea of what you will do next, we can hand wave the flophouse encounter and advance to the next day.

All we need now is an actual confirmation from Cormag on going along with Tuurma. Anyone seen our missing Kelt? Still sniffing around Mooreen, maybe?
:lol:

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#111 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Taibhse

Still shaking his head occasionally over Tuurma's new friend he is glad to find a place with a bed for Belloc. He will help him in the bed, and would make himself a tea to help him stay awake, and is prepared to watch through the night for any signs of trouble inside or outside their chamber.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#112 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Taibhse

Having gotten Belloc in a safe place, he'll assess the staff here, and if he believes it safe he'll offer them a gp on his return if they'll make sure his friend is not disturbed in his slumber. He'll then head for the Last Plank Tavern to see if he can get word on the others he's met. Checking in with the formidable Moorena.

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#113 Post by Belkregos »

Belloc acknowledged Taibshe's understanding and sought rest in a comfortable spot to recuperate his energy, despite feeling the fatigue weighing on him. Nevertheless, his mind remained vigilant.

Meanwhile, Crestos, the astute owl familiar, found a cozy nook to perch upon, sensing the need for alertness. From this vantage point, he kept a watchful eye on Belloc and the surroundings, ensuring their safety during this critical time of recuperation.
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by sastaz »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:41 pm All we need now is an actual confirmation from Cormag on going along with Tuurma. Anyone seen our missing Kelt? Still sniffing around Mooreen, maybe? [/ooc][/i] :lol:
I would guess that redwarrior is still in late summer mode. Have not seen him around a lot the last weeks. Either we wait another week or so, or Tuurma gets started and Cormag "NPCs along". I remember redwarrior stating he was interested in joining in on this mission?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#115 Post by OGRE MAGE »

sastaz wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:31 pm
OGRE MAGE wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:41 pm All we need now is an actual confirmation from Cormag on going along with Tuurma. Anyone seen our missing Kelt? Still sniffing around Mooreen, maybe? [/ooc][/i] :lol:
I would guess that redwarrior is still in late summer mode. Have not seen him around a lot the last weeks. Either we wait another week or so, or Tuurma gets started and Cormag "NPCs along". I remember redwarrior stating he was interested in joining in on this mission?

Ya, sorry. I’ve been stalling here when I should have pushed this along.

Here you are:
https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 15#p667015
Last edited by OGRE MAGE on Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#116 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ahlmzhad wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:57 pm Taibhse

Having gotten Belloc in a safe place, he'll assess the staff here, and if he believes it safe he'll offer them a gp on his return if they'll make sure his friend is not disturbed in his slumber. He'll then head for the Last Plank Tavern to see if he can get word on the others he's met. Checking in with the formidable Moorena.
Belkregos wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:07 pm Belloc acknowledged Taibshe's understanding and sought rest in a comfortable spot to recuperate his energy, despite feeling the fatigue weighing on him. Nevertheless, his mind remained vigilant.

Meanwhile, Crestos, the astute owl familiar, found a cozy nook to perch upon, sensing the need for alertness. From this vantage point, he kept a watchful eye on Belloc and the surroundings, ensuring their safety during this critical time of recuperation.
After a good long rest, Taibhse and Belloc exit the flophouse to find Kain and Ceana strolling by. Together they join up to meet with the others for a discussion about their immediate futures.

The overall reunion can be picked up here: https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 26#p667026

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#117 Post by redwarrior »

Sorry, I lost a surprise check to real life! Nothing horrible, several tasks expanded to take all available time. But I should be back and steady for a while now.

Return to “Wandering Windswept Wastelands (HYPERBOREA)”