Silk and Silver: The abandoned mine.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Silk and Silver: The abandoned mine.

#341 Post by Spearmint »

How much Cave fisher filament did we get and was there enough for each of us to get a short piece while selling the rest at Helix or did we decide on something different for it? I wasn't sure what we did with it.

The team line up beneath a couple of the gluey filaments, fastening the spool drums around the threads and then slowly rotating the reels to draw in some of the Cave Fisher's thread. The threads are fine though not as delicate as the spider silk, covered in thicker globules. While not producing the same yardage so as to spin expansive webs, the Cave Fisher can effect a much stronger product. Even a sharp dagger, blunted by glue struggles to cut the line.

They show an interest in the silk spools and the ones collected from the Cave Fisher filament. While the spider silk is a delicate and thin thread, the other, covered in globules of sticky glue, is thicker and coarser. They offer to experiment with it, using a little alcohol to wash or dilute the surface so that only the ends are left as sticky bits. They weave a few cuts together to fashion longer lengths of rope which when cast against a wall, sticks with a splat to secure it enough for a Xvart to climb up and down.
So you collected a minimal amount, just one length from the Cave Fisher in the Waterfall Cave which as scripted above was experimented upon by the Xvarts. I allocated a 20'ft length to each miner which they used to catch Durgo in the Wisp cave to stop him falling deeper into the sand trap. After being covered in crystal grains and grits, their ropes have no more stickiness left. You can have a short length of 'sticky rope'.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#342 Post by Cwreando »

All good. I'm ok without it...I couldn't remember what we did with it. Grin....I'm old.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#343 Post by Spearmint »

If you are happy with the allocation of experience awards and division of trove, then with no further comments or specific actions in relation to this expedition, I will conclude it here and move it to the Completed Expeditions forum.

Return to “Completed Expeditions”