Kudos

Marullus
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Kudos

#1 Post by Marullus »

Praise your fellow players here. :) (This can result in inspiration for the praised player.)

Unsungknot
Tracker
Tracker

Re: Kudos

#2 Post by Unsungknot »

Enoch! Way to play to your character's traits. Seeing omens in everything.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by Enoch »

Thank you! I have to nominate Stirling, because I have to assume that squashing the bird and then handing it to her was intended to be a pitch right over the plate. Ralfwin's acrions absolutely dictated a response there.
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Stirling »

Well actually Ralfwin assumed that everybody around the cart had seen the raven as it was, an undead bird. Hence he squished it, but as your post actioned picking it up, I (the player) assumed you wanted to study it. So that was why I killed it and then gave the carcass to you, but Ralfwin (a Gothi) does think that Seidr (druids) are a strange lot involved in possible sorcerous incantations despite their 'white magic' in healing people.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by Enoch »

I mean, Ralfwin's not wrong.
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Marullus »

Happy to award you both the first inspiration! :D I appreciate your efforts to highlight differences and play off each other.

I will also grant one to Stig (with his most recent post). Stig's sheet still needs to be updated to add characterstics. I think some are evolving in play, though, and I'd recommend starting with these based on his RP so far:
Characteristics:
  • Traits: It is the actions of men, not omens, that shapes our fate.
  • Ideal:
  • Bond: Blacksmiths of northern Mithal, to whom my family delivers bog-iron.
  • Flaw: Overconfidence.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Marullus »

I want to take a moment and commend both Stirling and Enoch for good roleplay around a sensitive issue! The theological conflict between Ralfwin's version of Asgardian worship and Valdis' version of anamist belief and Asgardian resentment has a lot of fault lines and I want to recognize you both for creating really compelling roleplay while making allowance for player enjoyment and game mechanics.
Marullus wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:36 amI am willing to be pretty lenient in group combat benefiting your dedications to Odin. It is worth asking all players, though - if anyone's character would OBJECT to their deeds being dedicated to Odin, speak up.
Enoch wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:27 pm "And you, priest—" she says, pointing to Ralfwin"claim whatever you want to your half-blind god, but don't tell him that I do what I do to honor him." With this, she goes back to contemplating the flames and the smouldering body atop them.
Ralfwin's chosen Sacrifice domain is entirely centered around him dedicating the group's success to Odin. The challenge rating of a foe (which is based on the group capabilities) converts to points he can use to call on additional blessings. Conflict within the group to the level that the group's actions aren't "faithful to Odin" actually derails the game mechanics of Ralfwin.

Enoch's post walks a fine line - Ralfwin can dedicate the group's actions and his character's mechanics function, but it also sets an interpersonal dynamic for roleplayed conflict between Valdis' and Ralfwin's theologies.
Stirling wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:04 am I could imagine Valdis taking the werevargr heart if you wanted a body part to offer but certainly he would protest and be against any perceived mutilation of the body. This might be a grey area in Gothi protocols. Essentially the werewolf is a human and cutting him apart to harvest organs or take samples of bone to grind into powders for experimental potion research, for my mind borders on necromancy.
This also is a very respectful line. Skirfir (Dvergr) and Valdis (Seidr) both have the ability to make magic items if they collect and apply the essence of a magical being or situation. "The essence" is open to pretty creative interpretation. :)

Seidr magic, however, is ABSOLUTELY witchcraft to Ralfwin. It was only one to two generations ago that his church committed genocide to try to wipe out the practices of the Seidrs. I do expect interpersonal roleplay centered around this discomfort of Ralfwin with Valdis' seidr magic as much as Valdis objecting to Ralfwin dedicating everything to the Asgard gods.

Keep up the good work. I really appreciate that you are respecting each other as players and not stepping on the ability of either to play their character, but you are engaging each other on the interpersonal roleplay IC.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Spearmint »

"His name is Robart Paulsen"
I see what you did there! ;)

https://youtu.be/GCi_PIz5ekU

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Marullus »

Ha! I knew I was missing something. 😀

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Marullus »

Stirling wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:24 pm I reach into the Werevargr's mouth and wrench out that newly regrown tooth and then give the sack with the grinning head back to the girl.

"Come Doshea kneel by the pyre.", he instructs the Alle of Thor and prays over her, invoking a healing blessing from Odin and braids the token canine into a strand of her hair.

"The beast took first blood from the group. Scarring you as he came through the woods. But you prevailed. Blood for blood, may this token you wear also grant you regeneration and health."

Ralfwin Edwinsen: Casts Cure Wounds [1d8+6]=7+6=13
This is fantastic embodiment! MUCH better than "I cast CLW." It also elicited roleplay from Doshea in reaction, which is a mark of goodness.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Marullus »

Doshea lived!! Fantastic action there by both Doshea and Valdis. You both regain inspiration.

Unsungknot
Tracker
Tracker

#12 Post by Unsungknot »

Marullus wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:43 pm Doshea lived!! Fantastic action there by both Doshea and Valdis. You both regain inspiration.

Hurray 😁

Return to “Freya's Tears (5e)”