First view of the wreck (Day 2)

BackworldTraveller
cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: First view of the wreck (Day 2)

#21 Post by cybersavant »

Sazqelmiqariepr watches and listens, keeping his thoughts to himself.

gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Demilich wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:20 am Yeelau looks over the projections closely before speaking "It is possible, I suppose that the ship, was, um, cleaned, the crew, either all dead, or evacuated, maybe not willingly. I know, its just a hunch on my part, trying to come up with why the ship was empty."
The presenter shrugs. No idea. The ship has no crew that we found, no small craft. They might have all gone fishing, but the vessel is stupidly far out to use it as the base for a small-craft. And if they did just dump the crew, they aren't nearby - no floating corpses. The really weird thing is that there is no frost. The ship is warm. The life support is maintaining a constant temperature of 21 Celsius and a standard gas-mix at 1.1 bar. Why?

The hologram continues to play as the explorers move around the remainder of the vessel - first down to engineering and then up to the bridge.

The spooky interior continues to look pristine - although the blast-door to the bridge is clearly cut away. The only sign of notable, unrepaired damage.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by The Bindoner »

Rradzoka continues to watch closely:

Warm ship? Is it burning Jump fuel as PP, or is there an auxiliary? Solar?

No bodies, but life-support. No small-craft. Were there escape capsules or lifeboats missing?

Oh! The Bridge hatch is missing. Weird.

I was wondering about Jump-psychosis, if they went mad and fled in J-Space, but if there was still fuel to run the PP, that means they probably left for a rational reason. Means there's a threat.

Demilich
Ranger
Ranger

#24 Post by Demilich »

Yeelau studies the hologram as it continues "Who, or what ever took the crew, and cleaned the ship, may still be on the ship, somewhere? Maybe it, is nearby? Any signs of anything near the ship? " she asks, as a hunch, she goes back to the hologram

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Tsek responds

That was what worried us. Where are the crew? Who cleaned up? Was that the Crew? There were no bodies anywhere near the wreck. I've no idea where they went. Maybe they all left in the small-craft - but that wouldn't fit the entire crew. Maybe they dropped them out of the airlock in jump-space? But even that should have seen a load of corpses nearby.

Demilich
Ranger
Ranger

#26 Post by Demilich »

Yeelau thinks a bit "Perhaps their on a nearby plane? Maybe they were all turned into slaves?, just guessing, too many questions and not enough answers."

Return to “How to find a Million (Mongoose Traveller, 1137)”