SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC - Episode 2

#21 Post by SilverBen »

Next Steps and an Announcement for all players

Next Steps:
  • Episode 2 is nearly complete.
  • I will await a reply from @Mattias because I assume but need clarity that Thorily will take the stolen backpack.
  • I will also await one more post from @Rob if you wish to go into any more detail here, or decide to move on to Episode 3, where the party arrives at the Civic Temple carrying the boy, Ganavette.
  • I plan to award XP in the Awarding Experience Points thread before closing Episode 2
Announcement: Passover rapidly approaching for me and our preparations are already underway, which requires an incredible amount of time and energy. I am requesting we pause the game on April 4, 2023 and resume on April 15, 2023.

I sincerely hope you are enjoying the game aspects, my style of replying to individual posts for each player, and how the developing plot impacts each character. I encourage comments and welcome discussion during the pause to keep all players engaged.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery: “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Rex »

The pause is fine with me Ben. I am enjoying the game!

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#23 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Totally valid points and I accept them as constructive criticism, thank you @Rob. I agree that the continuity and immersion of the narrative make the PBP format enjoyable. Just as an explanation of the duplicated OOC comments and an attempt to put you at ease, I created the separate OOC thread for comments that might extend beyond a single statement and become a conversation that interrupts the continuity.

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by redwarrior »

I'm also good with the pause!

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#25 Post by SilverBen »

Oh no! I just inadvertently wiped out @Rob's original message in my response! I edited rather than replied - ugh!
Antoine de Saint-Exupery: “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#26 Post by OGRE MAGE »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:06 pm Totally valid points and I accept them as constructive criticism, thank you @Rob. I agree that the continuity and immersion of the narrative make the PBP format enjoyable. Just as an explanation of the duplicated OOC comments and an attempt to put you at ease, I created the separate OOC thread for comments that might extend beyond a single statement and become a conversation that interrupts the continuity.
SilverBen wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:24 am Oh no! I just inadvertently wiped out @Rob's original message in my response! I edited rather than replied - ugh!
You’re good Ben!

We know you’re learning the layout as we play, so don’t worry about little flubs.

My point was, with my aging memory, I always try to keep any important game information as easy to retrieve as possible.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Rex »

Mostly from a player perspective but also a little bit as a DM. The simpler the better for me.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#28 Post by SilverBen »

Happy Holiday greetings to all for Easter and wishes for peace to enjoy it. I plan to post an update tonight for XP. I am also in private messages to a few players for Episode 3 planning. Feel free to comment and Stay in touch at your convenience on the OOC Episode 2 thread until I can post Episode 3, in the Slums at the Civic Temple. I'm planning to start Episode 3 by sunset in New York on Wednesday, Apr 5.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#29 Post by SilverBen »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:30 am :)
My point was, with my aging memory, I always try to keep any important game information as easy to retrieve as possible.
Ok Thanks @Rob and others!

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#30 Post by SilverBen »

Rex wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:34 pm Mostly from a player perspective but also a little bit as a DM. The simpler the better for me.
Will do, as often as possible! 😁

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Rex »

Thanks for the xp. Sheet updated.

Return to “Light of Lost Souls (BX)”