Chapter 13: To Asteroid B0510-5428

BackworldTraveller
BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 13: To Asteroid B0510-5428

#101 Post by BackworldTraveller »

We have technology, contacts, manpower, even firepower should it come to that. You guys have information but also have a target painted on your back.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by The Bindoner »

Nālani give the Heavenite a cold look: We also have the experience and skills to have survived being that target. Underestimating us has been a poor play for conspirators, they have revealed high-value cards, and lost them.

Relaxing her demeanour: You show better sense, and I like the outline of the offer. As Pranit said, bring detailed terms, and the crew will decide on them.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by BackworldTraveller »

The Bindoner wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:53 pm Nālani give the Heavenite a cold look: We also have the experience and skills to have survived being that target. Underestimating us has been a poor play for conspirators, they have revealed high-value cards, and lost them.

Relaxing her demeanour: You show better sense, and I like the outline of the offer. As Pranit said, bring detailed terms, and the crew will decide on them.
At the mention of "detailed terms", the Havenite looks pained. It was ever thus. Just as you start talking properly, the lawyers start hovering. If you can wait while we talk to ours, we will have the "detailed terms" delivered to your ship.

With that, the pair call for the bill, pay it and look ready to leave.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by The Bindoner »

At the mention of "detailed terms", the Havenite looks pained. It was ever thus. Just as you start talking properly, the lawyers start hovering. If you can wait while we talk to ours, we will have the "detailed terms" delivered to your ship.
Nālani winces at the word "lawyers": Lawyers only bore loopholes. The word of a man of true faith is worth more than any number of legal clauses. If your people swear on what you hold sacred, I will regard it as my moral duty to meet the same standard.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#105 Post by ateno »

"I stand beside Nālani's words, I feel uncomfortable offering you a exclusive license to anything we find. Also, and I have already paid for your meal.

Pranit

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Well, you have heard our offer.

And thank you for the meal.

We shall look forward to hearing your proposals once you have considered your options. Do not underestimate the value of our patronage. Your Navy contacts are part of the same group that instigated an entire civil war. If they will do that, I don't think their scruples will be past losing you when you are not so useful. And someone just wants you gone. You need friends - even those that many would see as enemies.

You note that he's left his place-setting exceedingly tidy, even to the points of polishing his glass and cutlery handles! It fits well with the immaculate suit and clear-cut philosophy. The only decoration on his suit is a small gold pin...EDU plus any appropriate diplomatic or social science skill may recognise it

My colleague will be staying at the Port Hotel, such as it is, for a week - unless you decide to leave earlier. You may contact us through him.

And with that, the pair depart

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#107 Post by ateno »

They leave out the door.

Pranit eats his meal that he ordered "Good Riddance"

Perhaps Pranit can describe it and search for it? Using investigation.

Edu Roll [2d6-1]=3-1=2 Investigation [2d6+2]=9+2=11

As they finish the meal, "I should make a couple trips and ask you to head back and inform the captain afterwards. Then if i don't visit my mother soon.... and if you come with me... lets just say we can’t change the direction of the wind, but we can adjust the sails. It's nothing against you Nālani, my mother would not be sure what to say and how to act, this way its just her wayward son checking in.”

Pranit will get his handful of 1 credit coins and brave the children waiting for him. He orders a load of fresh Nan, a tandoor, yeast, yogurt, olive oil, anise seeds and butter. All sent to the ship. Then say goodbye to Nālani and pay a visit on his mother.

Return to “A new Heaven? A new Earth (Traveller)”