OOC

Marullus
jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC

#281 Post by jemmus »

Have a good holiday break, Marullus and all. I'll post during the interim.
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#282 Post by cybersavant »

He will awake late on day #3 blind, unable to see or control drones for up to six days,
oh, wrong assumption - i figured i'd be able to use the drones to see, thus negating the 6 day blindness

and i was waiting for the others to comment on my plan before initiating it - being locked in does change things
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#283 Post by Marullus »

Just checking in. How's everyone doing?

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#284 Post by redwarrior »

I'm doing well. Life's getting a bit busier in the physical world as restrictions have wound down, and I'm starting to go "outside" and do "things!" Joined and/or decided to start getting semi-active in a few fraternal organizations, VFW, the Elks, etc. Cutting into my game time a bit. It was just made official that my boss is getting a (well-deserved) promotion, which leaves me looking at getting a new boss and does that mean that I decide to go somewhere else? I hope not. But I've had the last 4 years (and most of my career) with awesome bosses, but had 2 back to back that made life hell, so I vowed to myself that I'm not going down that road again. I've got probably 3-4 months until there's likely to be a replacement, but it's pretty front of mind. I want to retire in under 8 years, but don't want 8 years of suck. I'm toying with the idea of applying for his position myself, which would make him still my boss, but I really don't WANT to do that work.

Hansel is at a loss for what to do, as he processes that we are prisoners, and doesn't think that we can blast our way out or take over the station. Trying to puzzle out whether we are stuck here like our spacer friend, or if we're going to end-up co-opted to being these guys (I forget the cult's name right now without looking it up) to be their agents.

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#285 Post by jemmus »

A person who know what he does and what his boss does, and what the other people getting the job done-- makes a good boss! :)
PCs

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#286 Post by cybersavant »

been thinking about the lockdown - need to see if any of us can pick locks

my plan is sidetracked, as i thought i could get the surgery and then use the drone to see, so not having a week inactive

i say we take the spacer with us on our jailbreak, if he'll come
gaming since 1980

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#287 Post by Marullus »

I hear ya, Redwarrior. Work is picking up for me as well, new unknown boss arriving soon. Just moved to this work unit a year ago so i didn't apply for the supervisor job. Getting out and doing things is creeping in, but to be honest isolation feels pretty nice. :)
cybersavant wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:32 am been thinking about the lockdown - need to see if any of us can pick locks
A hacking test with Program can do the 'subvert a system' action and take over the doors. The risk is triggering alerts. Or, a Fix roll could mechanically override a door. The risk is being noticed locally.
cybersavant wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:32 am my plan is sidetracked, as i thought i could get the surgery and then use the drone to see, so not having a week inactive
If i give you a choice with no consequences, I have failed you as your GM. ;) hard choices are interesting choices and are important.
cybersavant wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:32 am i say we take the spacer with us on our jailbreak, if he'll come
Someone needs to succeed at a Talk or Connect roll while convincing him.

What's the group's objective?

You came to the station, looked around - you have learned quite a lot (re-read if you need to, pbp never loses info!) and also have a list of leads you haven't explored... you haven't determined what you're here for. I know you want to get out safely. Do you want to accomplish anything else?

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#288 Post by redwarrior »

Marullus wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:35 pm I hear ya, Redwarrior. Work is picking up for me as well, new unknown boss arriving soon. Just moved to this work unit a year ago so i didn't apply for the supervisor job. Getting out and doing things is creeping in, but to be honest isolation feels pretty nice. :)
The getting out and doing things is actually kinda fun, I'm just not used to having to actually manage my time anymore. Got out of the habit. The being done with work and AT HOME at the same moment makes it a lot easier than it used to be too. LOVING working from home & drawn a firm line in the sand. I'm under 8 years from retirement (from this job with state government, I may not be DONE then, but I'll be done with that) and I'm NOT going back to the office. I was nervous saying that for a while, but finally decided that yes, it was something I was willing to get fired over, even if it pushes back my retirement age. Luckily, where I am in the management pecking order, I know that we are working to "consolidate" about 8,000+ people into a building that can absorb about 400, which tells me that they aren't expecting most people to EVER come in. I can live with that. Seriously, I might be ok with once a month, maybe, if there's a good enough reason. Maybe. I LOVE working from home. Get more done, cargo shorts and t-shirts all day every day. Not forced into idle chatter or "look busy" activities. I was a skeptic, but now I'm born-again, at least on this topic.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#289 Post by greyarea »

Sorry for being incommunicado for the past month. I haven’t been getting email notifications for some reason.

Luckily my character is in jail.

… not a phrase I’d ever thought I’d type…

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#290 Post by jemmus »

Welcome back!
PCs

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#291 Post by Marullus »

Was my summary helpful?

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#292 Post by jemmus »

Yes, very, very helpful. Especially the inventory of the PCs' special abilities. And I think you were correct, we were stuck. Thanks much, that must have taken some time.
PCs

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#293 Post by redwarrior »

and now to see if my pointless knowledge of Eagles songs pays off! :D

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#294 Post by greyarea »

Marullus wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:11 am Was my summary helpful?
Yes, very helpful

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#295 Post by Marullus »

redwarrior wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:02 am and now to see if my pointless knowledge of Eagles songs pays off! :D
Love it! :D

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#296 Post by Marullus »

greyarea wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:46 pm
Marullus wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:11 am Was my summary helpful?
Yes, very helpful
Thanks. :)

Sorry the index was out of date... I just noticed and caught it up.

...for those that don't realize you have an index, I update Earth-9's Awesome Mix Tape so you can easily go back and review all of my major posts when you need to remember previous plot details. It organizes scenes by their songs, then provides the numbered posts that fall within that scene. (In previous chapters, I gave you the post to the beginning of the scene change and you needed to scroll through from there. You're spending a bit longer in each scene, so I am now indexing all my posts to make it a bit more comprehensive.)

...as Enoch said, it also is a source for good music as well. IMHO. ;)

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#297 Post by jemmus »

I just reviewed this GM post again. https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 14#p645314 There's are lot of information for ideas for the next step in it. I was going to discuss some of them here in OOC, but that seems too meta. It doesn't seem to me that the PCs have a way to communicate privately without being eavesdropped.
PCs

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#298 Post by Marullus »

If some OOC table talk helps you all, go for it. :)

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#299 Post by jemmus »

OK, taking GM up on that. :)

Goals, as I see them:
-Free Emile
-Retrieve our weapons
-Figure out the station's connection to the Sons of Vukodlak
-Don't get Oliver killed
-Escape from here, Langtang Station
-Eventually, eliminate the Sons of Vukodlak

Are we staying long enough for Baleygr's eyes treatment to be done? I can't think of any especially urgent business for us back on Earth.

The portal to the bar (and the truck) should be accessible after 24 hours. We've been here part of a day and all night, I think. So not 24 hours yet.

Dantes has a ship. Another means of escaping, and could be useful later(?)

Shadrach has the ability to walk through walls. Maybe a way to access and explore/observe inaccessible areas. Or to open Emile's cell and the room with the portal to the bar.

Taavi can teleport himself up to 10 meters. (I don't see any way for that to be very useful here). He can also Suppress Cognition. ("The telepath can make the target of a Telepathic Contact simply not think about something, whether that’s the presence of the telepath, the possibility of committing violence, the absence of important documentation, or any other single potential action or one specific person").

The Directors seem very powerful, and we've met one. It seems that we have the means of at least requesting communication with her. Is there some kind of deal we can make with her?
PCs

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#300 Post by cybersavant »

Báleygr Gangleri is pretty much useless for the week; but after that he can try to hack systems/ locks, if he fails, use teleport to other side/ pass through
he can also temporarily look like someone else - perhaps like a station guard?

Maskwalker: As a Main Action, you can adjust your appearance and the appearance of your attuned gear within any range normal to your species. These alterations are physical changes, not mere illusions, and will pass standard TL4 genetic tests or physical gear inspections. Changed gear does not function, however, unless its new shape is compatible with its original function. You revert back to your original shape as an Instant action or when you die, as does any changed gear. To mimic a specific other person you need a sample of their DNA and gain one point of System Strain that cannot be lost until you leave the shape.

Tinker: Gain Fix as a bonus skill. Your Maintenance score is doubled, allowing you to maintain twice as many mods. Both ship and gear mods cost only half their usual price in credits, though pretech salvage requirements remain the same.

Hacker
You have a considerable fluency with digital security measures and standard encryption methods. You know how to make computerized systems obey you until their automatic failsafes come down on your control. Level 1: Gain Program as a bonus skill. When attempting to hack a database or computerized system, roll 3d6 on the skill check and drop the lowest die.
Level 2: Your hack duration increases to 1d4+Program skill x 10 minutes. You have an instinctive understanding of the tech; you never need to learn the data protocols for a strange system and are always treated as familiar with it.

we should find out where Dante docked his ship in relation to where we are
gaming since 1980

Return to “Dust to Dust (SWN)”