Harborside Hospital - Sanctuary of the Dead

hedgeknight
Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Harborside Hospital - Sanctuary of the Dead

#121 Post by Belkregos »

Tommy wis save

Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#122 Post by Computer +1 »

Yarls Wisdom save:

Do I add +1 for Wis bonus
or +3 for Wis Perception bonus?

Does this mean I pass or not? I still dont understand saving throws. Do I want over or under?

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by Spearmint »

Ambergris

Silent as a gray ooze, he slips down the stairs, figuratively not literally. I will Mage Hand the next door open before I get close to it. Look in the proceeding room or passage with my enhanced warlock vision.

Tell
Guide
Guide

#124 Post by Tell »

(Need WIS saves from Lesh, Tommy, and Yarl...if you save, I will proceed with your actions as posted. If you fail your save, feel free to post how you react to one of your worst fears and how you run away!)
Lesh doesn't even blink growling and clicking...."ka..ka..ka!"
WIS Save: [1d20+7]=13+7=20

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by hedgeknight »

Lower Mausoleum > Scared Shitless!

run away.png
run away.png (7.25 KiB) Viewed 545 times
Computer +1 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:30 pm Yarls Wisdom save:

Do I add +1 for Wis bonus
or +3 for Wis Perception bonus?
Does this mean I pass or not? I still dont understand saving throws. Do I want over or under?
You have to roll higher than your WIS score (13); an "8" means you failed.

No sooner has Lady Wen ran away screaming, than Yarl, the kingpin of Rivington and Twin Songs, feels his bowels threaten to loosen and tears away after her!
This leaves Lesh and Tommy and neither of them budge!
Weaving spells, Lesh's spirit werepanther tears into one of the wights, while he just misses with a radiant beam of light!
Tommy unleashes his own eldritch blasts directly into the second wight, buffeting its incorporeal body, causing it to screech in pain!

The wights hiss and dark bolts of the grave burst from their talons, one striking Lesh (7 hp) and two driving Tommy nearly to his knees (14 hp)!! Abruptly, the air shimmers around the wight in front of Tommy and it suddenly disappears...only to reappear beside Bobb and Keever!

Meanwhile, down a side passage...
A silently and slippery as an ooze, Ambergris invokes some minor magic and with a wave of his hand, the door in front of him pushes open! Behind him, the aging captain hears screaming and blasting...but ahead, there is darkness, which is easily penetrated by his enhanced warlock vision.
A large room with two side chambers sprawl before him. To his left, he can see the outlines of an altar and perhaps a fountain along with a statue of some figure. To his right, he can see two statues and stairs leading up to a dais with a large chair. The chair is not empty. Upon it sits a shrouded figure, its exact features unknown. Straight ahead is a door in the middle of the wall; it is slightly ajar.

Stats:
Ambergris - 42/42, Devil's Sight
Lesh - 31/45
Tommy - 13/34 AC 15, (+5 with shield spell)
Yarl - 37/40
Lady Wen 32/44
Bobb - 12/14
Keever - 16/16
Wight 1 - 28/37
Wight 2 - 24/37

Rolls:
Wight initiative: [1d20+2]=15+2=17
Lesh Initiative: 16
Tommy Initiative: 15

Grave bolt: [1d20+5]=4+5=9 [1d20+5]=18+5=23
Grave bolt: [1d20+5]=10+5=15 [1d20+5]=20+5=25
Attachments
Lower Masuoleum Map 2.jpg
Lower Masuoleum Map 2.jpg (1.35 MiB) Viewed 545 times
Winter is coming...

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#126 Post by Belkregos »

tommy staggers back and continues the barrage making his eldritch might felt (2 more blasts at the wight )

Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by Spearmint »

Ambergris

I am tempted to press on a bit while the Invisibility allows though I am aware that some creatures could still perceive me, (even by sound or smell).

Also, separating is not a good idea, so with no creature advancing against me, I will return to the other room and aid the others.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by hedgeknight »

OOC: I'll give Lesh another day to post...meanwhile
Spearmint wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:37 am Ambergris - Also, separating is not a good idea, so with no creature advancing against me, I will return to the other room and aid the others.
Not wanting to get in over his head, Ambergris retraces his steps down the hallway, and emerges in the main room to a sight he hasn't seen in...well, maybe ever!
Lesh and Tommy are engaged in battle with the wights, while Yarl and Lady Wen are cowering at the end of the hallway to his left and Bobb and Keever are cowering in the hallway to his right.
A double blast from the grave staggers Tommy and suddenly the wight shimmers and disappears! Only to reappear near Bobb and Keever, which, naturally, sets off them screaming in terror.
Winter is coming...

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by Spearmint »

Ambergris

Surveys the scene. He would try a greater spell but has only two spells slots which he has used until a rest so is reduced to only his Cantrip attacks which he triggers towards the Deathlock Wight that is overbearing Bob and Keever our NPC backups.

Ambergris cast Chill Touch [1d20+5]=17+5=22 skeletal hand upon undead[1d8]=5

He twists his own ghostly skeletal hand around the wight, strangling it and disadvantaging any reciprocating attacks.

Tell
Guide
Guide

#130 Post by Tell »

Lesh and the were-panther continue their assault on the wrights. "Kelemvor thee, damn!"

Guiding Bolt 2nd Level: [1d20+7]=1+7=8, damage: [5d6]=21

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by hedgeknight »

Lower Mausoleum...

"Kelemvor thee, damn!" Lesh shouts, as a bolt of light bursts from his open palm, missing the wight intent on killing him and slamming into something inside the open crypt.
Tommy staggers back, his fur smoldering, and sends two blasts of energy at the wight (since you didn't specify which one, I'm using the one between you and Lesh). One bolt slams into the creature, while the other misses by inches.

Having returned to the battle scene, Ambergris invokes some minor magics and a ghostly hand grabs the wight near Bobb and Keever, strangling it, trying to keep it from the terrified soldiers.

The wight hisses and claws at the disembodied hand around its neck, and blames the two soldiers for its discomfort. It tries to grab Keever, but thanks to the aged sea captain's spell, it misses.
Wight attack: [1d20]=10 [1d20]=15

The other wight, now facing two opponents, sends a grave bolt at each; drilling Lesh (7 dmg), but missing Tommy.
Grave bolt: [1d20+5]=20+5=25 [1d20+5]=6+5=11

Lady Wen and Yarl continue to cower in fear at the lower end of the hall.

Stats:
Lesh - 24/45
Yarl - 37/40
Lady Wen 32/44
Bobb - 12/14
Keever - 16/16
Wight 1 - 15/37
Wight 2 - 19/37

Rolls:
Wight initiative: [1d20+2]=15+2=17
Winter is coming...

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by Spearmint »

Ambergris

Ambergris initiative [1d20+2]=14+2=16 Ambergris cast Chill Touch [1d20+5]=1+5=6 skeletal hand upon undead[1d8]=1

His own spectral grip wrestled loose, he steps back inside the passage to gain some extra cover.

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#133 Post by Belkregos »

tommy continues to rain eldritch bolts at the with directly threatening him

Tell
Guide
Guide

#134 Post by Tell »

Lesh grips his holy symbol tightly and channels divinity to Turn Undead
As an action, you present your holy symbol and speak a prayer censuring the undead. Each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you must make a Wisdom saving throw- 15 SAVE DC . If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage.

A turned creature must spend its turns trying to move as far away from you as it can, and it can’t willingly move to a space within 30 feet of you. It also can’t take reactions. For its action, it can use only the Dash action or try to escape from an effect that prevents it from moving. If there’s nowhere to move, the creature can use the Dodge action.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#135 Post by hedgeknight »

Lower Mausoleum...

Having taken enough from these evil undead, Lesh grips his holy symbol tight and channels the divine rebuking of Kelemvor!
Save vs. Turning (15): [1d20]=10 [1d20]=10

The wights hiss and screech in fear and try to get as far away from the shaman as possible!
One, however, is in front of Tommy...and the Tabaxi unleashes two eldritch blasts which destroys the wight in front of them!

The other wight, the one closest to Bobb and Keever, breaks loose from Ambergris' spectral grip and comes tearing toward him! It doesn't attack, however, but speeds by the startled sea captain, down the hallway, past the steps and beyond into the dark chamber beyond!

All is quiet in the tomb as those who cowered in corners, realize they having nothing to fear...at least for now.

Stats:
Lesh - 24/45
Yarl - 37/40
Lady Wen 32/44
Bobb - 12/14
Keever - 16/16
Wight 1 - dead (again)
Wight 2 - 19/37

Rolls:
Wight initiative: 17
Ambergris initiative: 16
Winter is coming...

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by Spearmint »

Ambergris

He will describe what he can of the room downstairs. Do we want to search through these crypts of press on while the Turn Undead is in effect?

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#137 Post by Belkregos »

with the immediate danger gone, Tommy checks on Yarl and lady Wen
you're good? we need to finish this

(nods to ambergris)
lets move down (sends McCoy ahead and gets ready to advance)

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by hedgeknight »

dark corridor.jpg
dark corridor.jpg (284.1 KiB) Viewed 468 times

Having recovered from the fight and fright, the companions agree to search the corridor where the wight fled. Tommy sends his trusty "servant," McCoy, down the dark corridor...

Lady Wen recovers her weapons and looks at the rest of the group, plainly embarrassed by her actions. "I've...I've never feared the dead before this day. I do not like this feeling."
She looks at Yarl and tries to smile, but it comes across as a grimace.
Winter is coming...

Tell
Guide
Guide

#139 Post by Tell »

Lesh follows Tommy and McCoy but regards Lady Wen for a moment....
Insight: [1d20+3]=9+3=12

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#140 Post by Belkregos »

Sending McCoy ahead to flush out any initial attacks, Tommy stays alert and starts to stealthily move down the dark corridor,

Return to “Adventures in Baldur's Gate (5e)”