Scenario Simulator (All the Rules!)

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
dreamweaver
Scout
Scout

Re: Scenario Simulator (All the Rules!)

#161 Post by dreamweaver »

I'd like to play this scenario first, but once I'm through, I'd be willing to run it in WR&M, Fate (Core or Condensed) and Savage Worlds (SWADE or SWDE).
About Me:
I'm a long time roleplayer and I've tried a lot of things. The persistent point for me is mood and atmosphere. I prefer a few of those in a game contrasted with an all-in approach. As a GM I rarely use out-of-the-book monsters, there's always something unusual I add. Unfortunately I tend to be too lenient for PbP as I see it, usually waiting too long for non-responsive players, but I try to be more strict.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#162 Post by tibbius »

WR&M yay!
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#163 Post by DexterWard »

Trying to get caught up in this thread... I'm already in process of prepping to run an OSR game here, and have been looking hard at Cairn. Got a little excited to see a few interested. I'd raise my hand to run Cairn.

EDIT:
Ok, red through the whole thread, and now realize I am very late to the game... been away for a bit...
I'm completely on board with dmw71's 3 points. I've been leaning toward Into the Odd/Weird North/Cairn for years, but only recently discovered them. Planning my own hack/house rules version presently (just notes/outline at the moment), which will take some time. In the meantime, happy to run Cairn. If folks are still interested I will kick things off in the Cairn Scenario Simulator thread.

I also have a strong interest in playing/running HarnMaster, Into the Odd, and/or Weird North.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by Pulpatoon »

DexterWard wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:13 am Trying to get caught up in this thread... I'm already in process of prepping to run an OSR game here, and have been looking hard at Cairn. Got a little excited to see a few interested. I'd raise my hand to run Cairn.
I'd be up for playing in a Cairn scenario!

I'd be happy to run an Into the Odd scenario (as well as Maze Rats), but that will have to wait until the blessed summer months.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by Rex »

DexterWard wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:13 am Trying to get caught up in this thread... I'm already in process of prepping to run an OSR game here, and have been looking hard at Cairn. Got a little excited to see a few interested. I'd raise my hand to run Cairn.

EDIT:
Ok, red through the whole thread, and now realize I am very late to the game... been away for a bit...
I'm completely on board with dmw71's 3 points. I've been leaning toward Into the Odd/Weird North/Cairn for years, but only recently discovered them. Planning my own hack/house rules version presently (just notes/outline at the moment), which will take some time. In the meantime, happy to run Cairn. If folks are still interested I will kick things off in the Cairn Scenario Simulator thread.

I also have a strong interest in playing/running HarnMaster, Into the Odd, and/or Weird North.
I am currently running a HarnMaster game, you are welcome to join. It actually started in the Scenario Simulator (the first game in it I think) and was successful enough we choose to move it into its own thread. See here: viewforum.php?f=1285

I am unfamiliar with the other games but would play in a HarnMaster game for sure. Maybe the others if you could give me a quick description.

Valdus
Tracker
Tracker

#166 Post by Valdus »

I can run a Risus Crawl.

Return to “Looking for players or games”