Quest #42 "Clear, Pointy, Protrusions"

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #42 "Clear, Pointy, Protrusions"

#61 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

Her eyes flicker with a fiery temper but soon cool off. "Oh for the love of the gods...what about this place attracts people with no social graces? No. I have never had an experience like that on this island. Perhaps it was the hot journey across the beach, I don't know."

She looks fiercely back at Yrias's eyes. "Happy? I am accepting that you lot didn't bring me here, are you able to accept that I simply don't recall getting here? My gear is here, I must have a reason to be here. Did you notice tracks on your way here?"

The Princess turns to Wake with a sigh. "What questions do you need me to answer? I'd prefer to continue on, as I'm hoping that things will come back to me. Going back just to remember later and backtracking seems so frivolous."

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

Maag shrugs. "It is not pretty manners dat keep yer alive around 'ere, yer majesty", he says drily. "It is keepin' yer guard up. Luther ended up gettin' roasted over a fire and chucked off a cliff because he let 'is guard down for a quick shag."

"An 'ow many people turned out to be walking around wiv gifts from Momma?"

"We 'ave learned some 'ard lessons in der last week, an dey cost us dear. An now yer turnin' up under suspicious circumstances an tellin' us 'never mind, der is nuffin' to see 'ere' ".

"As I see it, der are four ways dis turns out: yer are sumfin' pretendin' to be der Princess; sumfin' 'as got it's 'ooks into yer; yer are up to sumfin' yerself; or yer innocent."

Maag looks at the others. "Three out four chances dat she is a bad 'un. Dat is not good odds".
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#63 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

"Well, folks we have a simple choice we either trust we can handle her joining us, or we go on without her. Standing around on the beach arguing about something we have no ability to unravel at present. For my part I say we let her grab her gear and join us. We can continue to ponder this problem, and the Princess may have light to shed as we go."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by gurusql »

Wake

"I also think it is fine that she comes with us if she just walks like us commoners."

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Karaunios »

Yrias doesn't say anything, which means he still isn't sure about it, but he doesn't say no either.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

Maag looks at the four fingers he's holding up, then folds three of them down again. "One in four it is den". He spits into the sand, then waves the Princess ahead of him.

"After you, yer Majesty".

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Daisy frowns. You're a cold- hearted man, Maag. But you're not wrong.
Princess, I tend to believe things are as they appear- but we have to be cautious, or we're dead. I hope you'll excuse us for being a bit standoffish.

Daisy resumes her place, ready to move on.
FA FO

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#68 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Welcome Back To The Jungle

It takes some doing, and some still aren't fully convinced, but the group eventually accepts Princess into their group, as long as she doesn't expect any pampering out on the trail.

She offers to be searched, prodded, looked over carefully, and questioned to their liking, and by all counts the group learns that this is actually the elven princess Bonalure Summerstars, who came here to find her missing sister Allissa. Now that she knows the fate of said sister, she has agreed to join up with some adventurers to make a name for herself out in the wild.

Finally convinced, the group stares up the wide, unkept trail of logs that leads from the beach, deep into the massive jungle forest ahead of them.

Actions?

I forgot.....everyone was good with this marching order? Where do we want Princess?

Maag
Daisy
Feanol
Liam
Yrias
Wake

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by Karaunios »

I'd say behind Liam?

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by gurusql »

Behind Liam works for me

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#71 Post by Ahlmzhad »

That works. Lets get moving!

Not trying to blow off caution, but you can get so cautious you don't do anything. I just feel this is one of those times. This will be good or bad, but its the DM's plan so let roll with it.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Karaunios »

Yrias

"Fine, let's go down the trail. I probably don't need to remind you that, last I've heard, a group of adventurers came from the dwarven mine down this trail, and it was being swarmed by rock monsters that killed everything on their path, including the whole dwarven clan.

We must tread carefully and hide in the jungle at the first sign of movement ahead."

After some initial marching he turns to The Princess: "Your Highness, I don't want to sound derisive but, you don't look like the fighting type. Are you versed in the arts of the arcane? Or are you a servant of the divine?"

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

"We are not goin' dat way", says Maag, nodding in the direction of the Logger's trail. Instead he points west, along the beach. "We are goin' dat way. It is a lot safer." Then he pauses. "Well, as long as yer stay out of der maze wiv all der killer spiders in it. Dat was 'an orrible place. Full of killer spiders."

Maag touches the ornate dagger on his belt. "Dat is where Ewad copped it...'e was a good bloke..." He takes the dagger off and passes it around to the others. "It is a beaut, innit? 'e just gave it to me..."

"We woz in a fight wiv sumfin' dat came through der ceilin'. An' I shot it, an' Ewad said I woz brave. Den ' e gave dat to me. Just gave it to me. I didn't 'ave to nick it from 'im or nuffin'..."

"Yeah, 'e woz a good man."
Maag waits for the dagger to come back to him, and wipes his eye with the back of his hand. "Dis bleedin' sand gets everywhere, dunnit?"

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by gurusql »

Wake

"Agreed lets follow the plan. Which is we keep going to the end of the beach and take the trail until it forks for the maze. Just before the maze there is a should distance through the jungle to get to the path to Nipple Gorge."

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#75 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

"Sounds good lead on, lets go find this obelisk."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Daisy nods and makes sure her gear is settled to move out. She snaps her fingers to call Sophie, then pauses a split second when she remembers what happened to her buddy.
FA FO

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#77 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Welcome To The Fun

Once the others agree that this really is the Princess, Maag reminds everyone they aren't going up the loggers trail.

When everyone is ready to go, Daisy accidentally reminds herself of a recent heartache with her pet before getting everyone in line to move out again.

As you get back to the beach and start making your way westward, something very strange happens. A bright light suddenly flashes to your right, encompassing the entire island but not the blue skies or sea to your left. The intensity of the white light blinds you completely, leaving you seeing only the remains of the white flash behind your eyelids, whether open or closed.

You suddenly feel yourselves moving, spinning around through a bright white world, unable to control your movements momentarily as you twirl around aimlessly.

Once you are mentally prepared for whatever comes next, go ahead and click here: viewtopic.php?f=446&t=12356

Maag
Daisy
Feanol
Liam
Princess
Yrias
Wake

Return to “Completed Missions”